• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

recent sandbox games

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I own Fallout 3, and have been getting very excited about Infamous, Prototype, and Red Faction: Guerilla. I'm also kinda infatuated with getting Deadspace, and not very excited but keep hearing good things about Bioshock.
Of the first 3 sandbox games, RFG looks like the most fun plus you can brake/destroy stuff, then Infamous looks pretty cool, and Prototype seems much more violent and difficult.

Has anyone played any of these? Thoughts, reactions, advice?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have a hard time getting into bioshock.

Wha?!?!?!? Bioshock is so tasty awesome!! What don't you like?

When it comes to sandbox games, I'm just a sad little Sims addict so I've got nothing all that cool to recommend.

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
I didnt play it much i played a little ways and just got kind of bored with the gameplay. I thought it was cinematic but lost interest fast. If i probably played it through completely i would enjoy it.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I have beaten Bioshock a few times (And will have to wait until near July to play Bioshock 2) and found it to be one of my favorite games. I liked how the weapons evolved and the audiodiaries the most. I enjoy uncovering new pieces to the puzzle of post-apocalyptic settings.

I have squeezed all the enjoyment out of Fallout 3, and Point Lookout has got to be my favorite DLC. It had trippiness, hippy-ness, creepyness, and mutated hillbillies.

After I explored everything, though, the game just got boring very fast.