• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most underrated musical act of all time?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
+1 for the kinks, philip glass, and faith no more

also: nick cave, nick drake. both have good followings, just not as iconic in the mainstream sense as they ought to be

shimsham

MBTI Type
infj
nick cave, nick drake. both have good followings, just not as iconic in the mainstream sense as they ought to be

I totally agree with you on both Nicks.

Also, I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking when I put down Tears for Fears. I rescind that statement.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
mark lanegan and all of his projects
kingston wall, well its big in finland but the band is so amazing that it should be known all over the world

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohhh, I'd have to say that I think Leonard Cohen is underrated. He's well known but unappreciated IMO. I :wubbie: him.

what i was gonna say. he should be bigger than jesus christ.

i prefer galaxie 500 to jesus and mary chain, but i never hear about anyone sharing my opinion. i'd take mercury rev to the flaming lips any day. broadcast over portishead too. and pavement is one of the sassiest bands of all time. i think the magnetic fields put out a ton of great music and are mostly unknown.

animal collective is the best current band in the world, their output over their career will be similar to radiohead, but most people still don't know about them yet.

i think radio dept. and the sea and cake are worth knowing, but they get left out of discussion most of the time. i really like new order, and i think david berman of the silver jews is one of the greatest musical poets to ever live. plus trains across the sea is in my all-time top 10.

perhaps strangely enough, i also think billy corgan has written some amazing songs, which surprise people. muzzle and thirty-three in particular capture epiphany moments as well as any other music. well, except maybe for neutral milk hotel.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Failure. Not most underrated of all time (how does one even determine this), but definitely one of the most underrated of the nineties. They really bridged the gap between grunge and the styles of bands like deftones and that late nineties post grunge sound. They hardly ever get credit because they basically imploded after their third album, so instead of a big tour to promote it, they just faded into obscurity. I’m not usually into heavier rock, but the songwriting, production, and lyrics really pull me in to this album. For me, if a group playing a genre I find hard to digest is able to flow so easily into my ears and leave a lasting impression, then that’s a big deal. As a rule, I don’t limit myself from any particular genre, but there are certain styles I just find harder to enjoy.

Actually I’d love to learn some of theirs for the cover set list I’m creating.