User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah phish is pretty cool.

also if you like soulful... ray lamontagne has a great heartbreaking sound..

[youtube=406Se3xPTqQ] [/youtube]
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It's hard to say what is underrated, because most of the bands/artists I like have a significant following of people who really love them, but then outside of that, they are mostly dismissed. An example of this would be Morrissey: huge, obsessive cult following, but (unfairly!) written off as whiny by most everyone else.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Most underrated music of all time?

How about Classical.

Talk about inspiring music! Everyone just pushes it to the side, when it in fact is some of the most complex, peaceful, inspiring, and original music in the world.

I think Classical music is greatly under-appreciated. It's sad, too, because it deserves a lot more than it gets.

I don't know about anyone else, but I listen to classical music a lot during the fall and winter because it really fits. Sitting up in my room, some candles lit, put on some classical music and read a book or do some homework, it's so peaceful.

NPR does Classical-Through-the-night that I listen to a lot when I'm laying awake in the middle of the night on my alarm clock/radio.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzMGzBKRttU"]Tchaikovsky-Overture of 1812 Pt. 1[/YOUTUBE]

Jupiter Suite is one of the most inspiring pieces of music in my opinion. Have a listen-

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B49N46I39Y&feature=related"]Jupiter[/YOUTUBE]
    bone chilling...wait til 3:09. Mmm.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Vivaldi, Dvorak and Debussey for me
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Ohhh, I'd have to say that I think Leonard Cohen is underrated. He's well known but unappreciated IMO. I him.

Also, The Mountain Goats. They need more credit.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Blood Sweat and Tears.

Buffalo Springfield, who as it is, are mostly known for one song.

Spooky Tooth. They may not have done a lot, but Spooky Two was a really good album that seemingly no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

How about Classical.
    I like classical (really, I like baroque ), but I don't know if it can be called underrated, given its elite status and the fact that you can get scholarships just for playing it.

It's true that it's not very appreciated by the public anymore, though.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Vivaldi, Dvorak and Debussey for me
    I agree!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

How about Classical.

Talk about inspiring music! Everyone just pushes it to the side, when it in fact is some of the most complex, peaceful, inspiring, and original music in the world.

I think Classical music is greatly under-appreciated. It's sad, too, because it deserves a lot more than it gets.

I don't know about anyone else, but I listen to classical music a lot during the fall and winter because it really fits. Sitting up in my room, some candles lit, put on some classical music and read a book or do some homework, it's so peaceful.

NPR does Classical-Through-the-night that I listen to a lot when I'm laying awake in the middle of the night on my alarm clock/radio.
    Heavens I love classical, much more then modern music to be honest :P. But I dont consider it necessarily underrated, just underrated by almost anybody under the age of 35... Once people's tastes start to mature out of the Blink 182 and linkin park phase (/vomit) they usually pick it up if they have any proper musical taste .

<3 Bach! Goldberg variations... mmm...
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Ah, here's one that's important to me.

Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Jim West, and Steve Jay. If you don't know who they are, it might be better to say that they are Weird Al Yankovic's band mates.

I cannot stress how under-appreciated they are. And it happens for two reason. Weird Al has had commercial success for decades, but it's because people think he does funny parodies. Nobody really pays attention to the musical quality, and even though half of everything Weird Al does is original, his most frequently asked question is "why don't you do original work?"

On top of that, the credit that is given, is just given to Weird Al. How many people other than avid finds of the group know that band members? But they are very, very talented musicians. Their ability to write and play songs of almost any genre with the best of them is very impressive to me, and it's all the more impressive that they've done it so consistently for almost three decades.

Alas, they are confined to the small level of credit that a "comedy act" is allowed to have.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Sonata Arctica. These guys are at least 10 times better than Dragonforce, and actually sound amazing live! Even in the power metal scene, they get pushed to the side for more repetitive groups.

[youtube=KaH57g6vZ9U].[/youtube]