• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most overrated musical act of all time?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:sick: why did I have to see the previous page? I only wanted to bitch about Avril Levin... who's about as punk as the Spice Girls! :boohoo:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:popc1:

(I have no time to respond to all this silliness and still stay on-topic, but perhaps we should make a seperate thread to settle this Ti/Te battle, if it hasn't already been made)

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Pink Floyd

and recently Fucked Up
fucked_up.jpg

This band makes me ashamed to be Canadian.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure who I'd pin as the most overrated musician/band of all time, but I don't get the big deal about Elvis Presley.

also overrated IMHO:
Weezer
NIN's album The Downward Spiral
Christina Aguilera
Death Cab for Cutie

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Led Zeppelin, they stole some of their major hits, e.g., Stairway to heaven, Whole lotta love.

Amalie Muller

MBTI Type
ENTP
One of these:

Pink Floyd
The Rolling Stones
Nirvana
Led Zeppelin
David Bowie
Alanis Morissette
The Clash
The Who
Pearl Jam
Queen

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No no no no no. XD

They ARE overrated, but not the most overrated ever. In fact, they're near darn as brilliant as people say. :)

None of the bands you named are even relevant anymore.

Can't walk down the street without bumping into a radiohead fanboy or boyette.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Frank Zappa
Tchaikovsky
Metallica
Coldplay
U2
Bee Gees
etc...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with all being overrated. Even Coldplay and U2, as I much as I enjoy them.

U2 83'-87' and Zooropa is pretty good. The rest I can live without. The first 2 coldplay albums are quite good.

Haha Bowie had some great songs/albums early on, then just wrote rubbish for 30/40 years. :D

(most of) the albums he made between 1970 and 1980 are solid gold. He's had his occasional moments of brilliance since. I'll agree at least 75% of his output since the 80's is forgettable

Radiohead.

Radiohead isn't overrated, but what bothers me is how the hardcore radiohead fans tout them as the most original band in the universe ever. Okay, they put out some good music, but most of it is highly derivative of music that is decades old.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we just gonna pretend you didn't just say that you enjoy coldplay and u2?