• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most overrated musical act of all time?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sim's world of music.

Sufjan-Stevens-f03.jpg

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

:D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sim, I kind of get the impression that since you're basing your career around music have a very broad and in depth knowledge of it, you feel the need to dictate opinions and/or oppose and argue them based on your own specific set of opinions that you have developed like marble pillars. Just let your ego go and lay back and soak up each and every post in this thread. Let it humble you and expand your appreciation in music as a whole, instead of digging a mountain for yourself. alright? not trying to call you out or anything, just giving you (probably) the consent of a lot of posters and myself.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sim, I kind of get the impression that since you're basing your career around music have a very broad and in depth knowledge of it, you feel the need to dictate opinions and/or oppose and argue them based on your own specific set of opinions that you have developed like marble pillars. Just let your ego go and lay back and soak up each and every post in this thread. Let it humble you and expand your appreciation in music as a whole, instead of digging a mountain for yourself. alright? not trying to call you out or anything, just giving you (probably) the consent of a lot of posters and myself.

Did you actually read my posts?

My point is actually against parochial views on music and I've encouraged listening to a wide variety of different kinds of music with an open mind. I'm complaining about people who dismiss music prematurely because it doesn't fit their genre preferences.

Several people in thread agreed with my points...typical NFP though; read negative tone and ignore content entirely. It's kind of ridiculous how badly you missed the point.

Interesting is one way of putting it, I suppose.

I admire your subtlety :laugh:

Jaguar

I'm complaining about people who dismiss music prematurely because it doesn't fit their genre preferences.

Several people in thread agreed with my points...typical NFP though; read negative tone and ignore content entirely. It's kind of ridiculous how badly you missed the point.

Stop with the NFP stereotyping. You sound like a broken record.

First you bitch about genres in music, (categories) and then you bitch abut NFPs. (Categories, again.)
What kind of thinking is that?

My new nick for you is, "Boxy boy." You can't get out of the box.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stop with the NFP stereotyping. You sound like a broken record.

First you bitch about genres in music, (categories) and then you bitch abut NFPs. (Categories, again.)
What kind of thinking is that?

My new nick for you is, "Boxy boy." You can't get out of the box.

translation: Ti is stupid

What kind of thinking is that, you ask? The introverted kind. You know, the kind you don't get?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, boxes are necessary to understand the universe, and it is also important to critically evaluate the individual things in the boxes to see the suboxes and perhaps shuflle things all around to new boxes when things don't make sense. The world of concepts is in boxes, but take a peek in.

I am guessing this is the Ti kind of thinking Sim is trying to explain in regard to music.

If one does not understand/agree to this approach, explain your approach. No need for insults.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, boxes are necessary to understand the universe, and it is also important to critically evaluate the individual things in the boxes to see the suboxes and perhaps shuflle things all around to new boxes when things don't make sense. The world of concepts is in boxes, but take a peek in.

I am guessing this is the Ti kind of thinking Sim is trying to explain in regard to music.

If one does not understand/agree to this approach, explain your approach. No need for insults.

Translated: Sim is in fucking denial.

Wow, the Ti dom gets it and the Te dom doesn't.

Go figure.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Rolling Stones. I can't stand their music, it's actually THE WORST. D:
:doh: Why they have such a large fanbase, I'll never know.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
spice_girls_retro.jpg

They were a ''global phenomenon.''

People of the world..
..c'mon now. :doh:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enjoy your little boxes, Sim.
No doubt you paint-by-numbers and consider it innovative.

Tell us the ways of innovation, o' Master of all that is Innovative.

Explain your frustration with boxes. You are reminding me of this clip.

YouTube - Squidward watches Television

And apply your explanation of innovation w/o boxes to music acts too, I guess, to not get off topic.

KDude

This may be a Ne type of thing (although I'm probably a sensor), but I love discovering music through "family trees", playing connect-the-dots.. I'm not sure if I was ever too closeminded about music to begin with, but when I got older, I really branched out simply by embracing things that artists that I liked also liked/influenced them. Sometimes you find yourself listening to things this way that you never thought you would. You start seeing the connection and gain an apprectiation for them.

Even funnier, sometimes I might drop the liking for the original band, and embrace the newer discovery even more.

Not sure how this totally applies to "boxes", but that's my take on it. Sooner or later, I find myself jumping out and in a completely different "box".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do the same thing with music... most of the more obscure or way out of style bands that I listen too are through who influenced who and who's music is related to who's :cheese:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I find Bullet for my Valentine and all the other copy-paste bands out there to be overrated as a rule. Maybe just because I see emotionally turbulent tweens shrieking about them and thinking they're the best everrrrrrrrrr (and explode in a rage when you say the band isn't good). Oh, and Avenged sevenfold's wannabe-Pantera-ness makes me sick.

MOST overrrated? I'm not old enough to know :D

My vote goes to Nirvana.