MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Easily the Beatles

I kinda hope that's just a clever little joke for the irony value.

I kinda REALLY hope that, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    The most overrated band is Radiohead.
    Unfortunately it's impossible to say this without sounding horrifically condescending, but please trust me when I say I don't expect ISFPs to appreciate the value in Radiohead.

Not that that's a bad thing, just that...it probably factors into your opinion in calling such an obviously talented band "the most overrated"...just shows that you're missing a lot of context.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Fergie's solo acts.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I kinda hope that's just a clever little joke for the irony value.

I kinda REALLY hope that, in fact.

Unfortunately it's impossible to say this without sounding horrifically condescending, but please trust me when I say I don't expect ISFPs to appreciate the value in Radiohead.

Not that that's a bad thing, just that...it probably factors into your opinion in calling such an obviously talented band "the most overrated"...just shows that you're missing a lot of context.
    +1

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Haha thanks...I know why you said that, but unfortunately calling the Beatles vastly overrated is an even bigger blunder than saying that about Radiohead.

The typical anti-Beatles criticisms I hear are: BUT THEY COULDN'T PLAY FAST AND THEY WEREN'T METAL SO WHO CARES??

sigh.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Radiohead?!

The Beatles?! :eek:

Seriously people?!

I'm horrified. I don't even know how to respond. That's just wrong on so many levels - blasphemy even.

I'm disappointed in you all (especially you Beatles haters ) and I don't care if I sound pretentious and arrogant in saying so (which is saying something)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Haha thanks...I know why you said that, but unfortunately calling the Beatles vastly overrated is an even bigger blunder than saying that about Radiohead.

The typical anti-Beatles criticisms I hear are: BUT THEY COULDN'T PLAY FAST AND THEY WEREN'T METAL SO WHO CARES??

sigh.
    Yeah I know. Anyone who openly rips on The Beatles is an ignorant bastard and doesn't know anything about music. The reason The Beatles have become so legendary is because without them, music wouldn't be the way it is now at all. The Beatles were pretty much the blueprint and influence for the next 40 years of music (well, atleast rock music) and they will definitely continue to be for decades to come.

And people who call Radiohead pretentious, are just being dumb. First of all, Radiohead is not "pretentious." Most people call Radiohead pretentious because they are "too wannabe-artsy." Well, under that pretense you could call every other band that's ever experimented with different musical elements, "pretentious." And second of all, whether or not a band is "pretentious," doesn't really matter, honestly, because what matters is...

*drumroll please*

THE MUSIC.

I could care less about who listens to Radiohead, or if they just listen to them to look cool. I know I listen to Radiohead because they make brilliant music and that's that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Okay, well, I agree with all of the above except the part about Radiohead not being pretentious.

They're brilliant and all, but if you don't think they're brutally pretentious, too, then you've never actually read a Thom Yorke interview.

Actually reminds me of a Pitchfork article where they called Tool the "Radiohead of metal" because both were more talented than their peers, both were incredibly pretentious, and both released massively successful records (Lateralus vs. Kid A) to total radio silence.

And about the Beatles--if you don't enjoy their music, that's fine; you have a right to your own musical tastes. But if you don't think they were an amazing band, you're just incorrect.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^I've watched tons of his interviews and he doesn't even come close to how pretentious someone like Brandon Flowers, lead singer of The Killers is.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

U2 - I don't think they've done anything of merit since Achtung Baby in '91 (which was their best album, imo).

AC/DC - Formulaic

Coldplay - Just....huh?

Britney Spears - Ok, she's a good performer, emphasis on good. Not great. Her voice is so-so. Her songs are likable. How is she any different than a bunch of '80s female pop stars?

Norah Jones - I think her popularity has waned since she won the grammy. Still, she's another wtf type of deal.

Aerosmith - They had a handful of cool songs a long time ago. You know, on second thought, they used to be overrated...they really aren't now.

Wilson Philips - Back in the early '90s, everyone jammed to tunes like "You're In Love" and "Hold On." Twenty years later, everyone is still raving. I thought they would have their fifteen minutes then vanish. If only!