• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most overrated musical act of all time?

Crabs

Permabanned
I can't believe I forgot to list Kanye. The emperor is naked.

Great analogy. It's like, if he claims to be a genius, Jesus or God enough times, eventually he'll convince some people that he's remarkable, despite all the evidence to the contrary. When he talks, he seems incapable of reaching any logical conclusions, like he's operating on pure emotion and every thought that goes through his head is some kind of divine revelation from the universe that doesn't need clarification. And the more assertive he speaks, the truer his words become, which further affirms his superiority over everyone else. I'm pretty sure his megalomania has surpassed Charlie Sheen's and is now encroaching upon Jim Jones/Adolf Hitler.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Lolz what he did to those two artists was just cruel. Especially the female one. The first one looks funny, it's only after he said why he did that later he sounded like an asshole.

He seems crazy and too hot headed. I kinda feel sorry for his hot headedness.

Edit - Taylor Swift. Wow she looks nice.

Crabs

Permabanned
Lolz what he did to those two artists was just cruel. Especially the female one. The first one looks funny, it's only after he said why he did that later he sounded like an asshole.

He seems crazy and too hot headed. I kinda feel sorry for his hot headedness.

He seems crazy for sure, delusional and narcissistic to an unhealthy degree. I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who doesn't have an ounce of humility and essentially views everyone else as a lesser being. :ack!:

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Great analogy. It's like, if he claims to be a genius, Jesus or God enough times, eventually he'll convince some people that he's remarkable, despite all the evidence to the contrary. When he talks, he seems incapable of reaching any logical conclusions, like he's operating on pure emotion and every thought that goes through his head is some kind of divine revelation from the universe that doesn't need clarification. And the more assertive he speaks, the truer his words become, which further affirms his superiority over everyone else. I'm pretty sure his megalomania has surpassed Charlie Sheen's and is now encroaching upon Jim Jones/Adolf Hitler.

He'll still think he's Jesus even when all his albums are in the £1 bargain bin

MBTI Type
INTJ

All of what you said is true, but I could get over all of it if he made good music. I know music is subjective, blah blah blah. But I just don't get it with him. He seems to ramble over samples, and even his choice of samples is aggressively grating.

Crabs

Permabanned
All of what you said is true, but I could get over all of it if he made good music. I know music is subjective, blah blah blah. But I just don't get it with him. He seems to ramble over samples, and even his choice of samples is aggressively grating.

I don't get the popularity of his music either. The genius-factor eludes me. In that particular genre, there are other artists who seem much more adept at their craft than fishdicks.