User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ If you think Green Day is the most overrated band in the field of pop punk, clearly you've never heard of a little band called Blink-182.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunaIndigo View Post
    Try telling that to my uncle who thinks Blue Christmas is the most beautiful song of all time. Lol.

The most overrated for me is Green Day. They used to be good but since American Idiot I couldn't stand them or the bandwagon fans that only became fans when AI came out. They're only redeeming quality is that they don't like Twilight. Anyone who doesn't like Twilight gains instant points with me. Other than that, meh about them.

I actually thought it was cool that there were kids born in 2000 at the Green Day I worked for the radio in 2005. I remember when it was 1995 and there were kids born in 1990 into them. There were literally people anywhere from 5 to 50 at the show, and it was a good time (except for Jimmy Eat World as an opener).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    (except for Jimmy Eat World as an opener).
    Hey now, hold off on the anti-Semitic comments there, k buddy?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

KISS...I-mean-come-on,-just-look-at-them...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ If you think Green Day is the most overrated band in the field of pop punk, clearly you've never heard of a little band called Blink-182.
    That I have, that I have. I think in terms of Green Day it was probably the bandwagon fans that ruined them for me back in 2005. I was a freshman in high school and it just erupted in these sudden Green Day fans. Everyone thought they were sooooo 'punk' but bought all their clothes from Hot Topic and tried their hardest to look like Billie Joe. It was sooo annoying.

Oh, I forgot to add My Chemical Romance to my list. That was another big fad in my high school. Everyone suddenly was Emo and depressed and had 'emotional' problems. It was rediculas. Plus I think MCR's music just sucks really.
    ENFP 4w5

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaIndigo View Post
    That I have, that I have. I think in terms of Green Day it was probably the bandwagon fans that ruined them for me back in 2005. I was a freshman in high school and it just erupted in these sudden Green Day fans. Everyone thought they were sooooo 'punk' but bought all their clothes from Hot Topic and tried their hardest to look like Billie Joe. It was sooo annoying.

Oh, I forgot to add My Chemical Romance to my list. That was another big fad in my high school. Everyone suddenly was Emo and depressed and had 'emotional' problems. It was rediculas. Plus I think MCR's music just sucks really.

Right, except that nobody really rates MCR that highly at all, except depressed goth/emo kids in high school. So they're really not that overrated.

And Blink-182 is poor man's Green Day, yet they get just as much credit despite half the talent. Both are probably overrated, but Blink much more so.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    blink 182 is green day lite.

plus green day doesn't count for me cause they suck way too obviously. same goes for bands like staind and godsmack and anything in the emo realm.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    blink 182 is green day lite.

plus green day doesn't count for me cause they suck way too obviously. same goes for bands like staind and godsmack and anything in the emo realm.
    Most of those bands exist specifically to imitate the marketable standards of a genre and sell records.

By that standard, they're doing great.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm weird. I like MCR ... well, a few of their songs...and I probably like more Blink 182 songs than Green Day, though I won't claim that I love any of the above.

IMO the most overrated bands I can think of are the old ones who have been hyped beyond belief to be huge "classic" bands like AC/DC. I don't get it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Guilty of used to liking Blink 182. Teen years... I'd admit now that they're overrated but before, you'd never get me to change my opinion. Never really liked Greenday though.