User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

People who dislike the Beatles and Elvis are doing so only because they want to be contrary.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    To say a band is overrated doesn't mean you hate them. It may just mean you think they get a ridiculous amount of praise and credit in comparison to other bands who are just as good, if not better. It may also mean that the band doesn't speak to you, even if you can acknowledge they had something significant to contribute to the music world. That's the case with a lot of the bands I listed - mostly good bands (minus a few), but not the 2nd coming, IMO.
    Fair point, but nobody has ever been or will ever be as good as the Beatles, when it comes to pop songwriting. (And "pop" covers everything from rock to hip hop here, anything that uses a 3-minute marketable radio single format!)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    STFU

oh man i forgot all about elvis and AC/DC

painfully overrated
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    People who dislike the Beatles and Elvis are doing so only because they want to be contrary.
    no, not really. i can honestly say ive heard plenty of elvis and it has never, ever done anything for me. no emotional chords struck. elvis does not impress me. i respect what he did for the industry. god bless him.

overrated. my opinion. thanks.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    no, not really. i can honestly say ive heard plenty of elvis and it has never, ever done anything for me. no emotional chords struck. elvis does not impress me. i respect what he did for the industry. god bless him.

O RLY?

[YOUTUBE=Z7OSz4uK7yQ]Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds[/YOUTUBE]
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post

Hmm... I guess I was thinking more of the people in my generation who lived through the ruckus.

Cause you're right.
    Elvis wasn't a great singer.
    He was very entertaining eye candy though.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I think the gold medal goes to AC/DC and Guns 'n' Roses. These are two good bands and honestly nothing more. I'm not taking a shot at them, I enjoy some of their music, it's just that I don't think they deserve the acclaim and critical lauding that they always seem to get from people.

AC/DC has great guitarwork and some good songs, but other than that, it's just the same "hard rock riff" formula with a somewhat-melodic solo thrown in at the end. And Guns 'n' Roses is just another hair band.

Who do you guys think is the most overrated artist?
    That's funny, I clicked on this thread ready to post AC/DC
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    O RLY?

[YOUTUBE=Z7OSz4uK7yQ]Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds[/YOUTUBE]
    i gave it a go. i put my objective ears on. i watched and listened.

meh.
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Close...there's a difference between "I dislike it" and "It's bad" that most people refuse to acknowledge (or are incapable of acknowledging.)

I don't really enjoy Elvis's music that much either, but he was an awesome musician and that's not even debatable.

Likewise, there are numerous bad bands that I really enjoy, just because they happen to appeal to me.

You can't run around telling other people what they should or shouldn't like--that's all up to opinion--but when it comes to who's good, that's a different story entirely.

So I think what you mean to say is, people who say the Beatles/Elvis are bad are either stupid or just doing so to piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    ^I've watched tons of his interviews and he doesn't even come close to how pretentious someone like Brandon Flowers, lead singer of The Killers is.
    Umm...your point?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

no, not really. i can honestly say ive heard plenty of elvis and it has never, ever done anything for me. no emotional chords struck.
    Try telling that to my uncle who thinks Blue Christmas is the most beautiful song of all time. Lol.

The most overrated for me is Green Day. They used to be good but since American Idiot I couldn't stand them or the bandwagon fans that only became fans when AI came out. They're only redeeming quality is that they don't like Twilight. Anyone who doesn't like Twilight gains instant points with me. Other than that, meh about them.
    ENFP 4w5