User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 388

  1. #101
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    If you want unpolluted dialogue exchange, separate your critical opinion from the realm of fact and proceed. Otherwise, this thread should be titled "Agree With Metaphours or Suffer His Indigent Judgmental Ire."

    Who cares if people rip the Beatles? Does it lower the band in your estimation? Does it make them less seminal? No? Then ramp down.

    I don't personally *LIKE* the Beatles, I don't relate to them, and I don't buy their music, but I would never contest their position in the formation of modern rock music, just like I wouldn't contest Elvis (do you see me attacking Xander?) or early country/rockabillies like Johnny Cash or guitarists like Link Ray or Dick Dale for pushing the evolution of the amplifier just to accommodate their style without exploding.
    Okay, sorry I "exploded."

  2. #102
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Okay, sorry I "exploded."
    I'm glad you're so passionate about music. Just try to grit your teeth through the parts you don't like. Okay? (Envision me, c. 1994, trapped in a deli backroom being forced to listen to deified Hootie and the Blowfish ad nauseum and screaming about there being no justice or God while flinging tabouli salad in a rage).

    And I didn't mean YOU exploding, I meant the amplifiers. LOL The amplifiers would explode.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #103
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'm glad you're so passionate about music. Just try to grit your teeth through the parts you don't like. Okay? (Envision me, c. 1994, trapped in a deli backroom being forced to listen to deified Hootie and the Blowfish ad nauseum and screaming about there being no justice or God while flinging tabouli salad in a rage).

    And I didn't mean YOU exploding, I meant the amplifiers. LOL The amplifiers would explode.
    Hahah, that specific event you just mentioned happened the year I was born.

    And what amplifiers?

  4. #104
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Hahah, that specific event you just mentioned happened the year I was born.



    LOL... where's the smiley for strangling young uppity whippersnappers?!


    Amps: well, early on in the formation of rock, the guitars were limited by their sound range, so Les Paul worked up the first real commercial guitar amp. Surf guitar guys were thrilled because they not only broke huge amounts of strings (they played with special thicker strings to compensate), but they would also turn their amplifiers to slag. Les fixed that.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  5. #105
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post



    LOL... where's the smiley for strangling young uppity whippersnappers?!
    Haha, nice one.

    The whole point of this thread is to hone my passion for music. For someone my age, I have quite a diverse taste in music, especially when 99% of teenagers my age's music taste consists of generic, banal, mainstream artists like Soulja Boy and/or Panic at the Disco.

  6. #106
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Haha, nice one.

    The whole point of this thread is to hone my passion for music. For someone my age, I have quite a diverse taste in music, especially when 99% of teenagers music taste consists of generic, banal, mainstream artists like Soulja Boy and/or Kings of Leon.
    I really liked Kings of Leon when I saw them live like five years ago. You should listen to Aha Shake Heartbreak. That's still their best work, IMHO.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #107
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I really liked Kings of Leon when I saw them live like five years ago. You should listen to Aha Shake Heartbreak. That's still their best work, IMHO.
    Yeah, honestly I've heard extremely mixed opinion about these guys, some saying they're great, and others saying they're garbage, but I never bothered to actually check them out. Maybe I'll do that sometime.

  8. #108
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Yeah, honestly I've heard extremely mixed opinion about these guys, some saying they're great, and others saying they're garbage, but I never bothered to actually check them out. Maybe I'll do that sometime.
    Then why do you call them banal and mainstream?



  9. #109
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Roberta Flack loves Kings. Take that as a ringing endorsement!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  10. #110
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Yeah, honestly I've heard extremely mixed opinion about these guys, some saying they're great, and others saying they're garbage, but I never bothered to actually check them out. Maybe I'll do that sometime.
    You didn't have any misgivings about characterizing a band you've never actually listened to yourself as generic and banal?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Similar Threads

  1. The Most Difficult Video Games of All Time Sort By Category
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 12:49 AM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM
  3. Worst Music Video Of All Time
    By highlander in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 09:07 AM
  4. Most underrated musical act of all time?
    By r0wo1 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 08:17 AM
  5. The 5 Most Bad Ass Presidents of All-Time
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO