• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most overrated musical act of all time?

MBTI Type
INTJ
You took "girl or boy band designed to sell clothing instead of music" and came up with sex pistols?

What's in that blue stuff? And where is it commonly available?

He's right. Malcolm McLaren was just the Lou Pearlman of his day.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I thought that Mclaren created styles for the New York Dolls but Sex Pistols styling was mostly Jonny's own panache?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
metallica or iron maiden

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
metallica or iron maiden

Metallica I'll give you, but Iron Maiden had a great style that I greatly prefer over the slower American style. It's no Finnish metal though :cheese:

I can understand your sentiment when you're surrounded by greatness.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't some people are understanding the point here... just because a band mentioned is "your favorite band of all time" it doesn't mean they are not overrated... In fact... it could indeed prove the point...

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was never into Dave Matthews at all, and didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hannah Montana. I don't get it. The music is terrible and there really isn't any reason to give a crap anyway.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
^ musically, at least. i do not know the man in real life.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Eh... I'd say Radiohead.
And Fall Out Boy (and all those boy bands with those dumbass high-pitched voices) and Linkin Park, but that's like stating the obvious.

ilovetrannies

MBTI Type
ISFP
Oh god, I can't stand Dave Matthews Band. Everytime I hear I them my first instinct is to stick a fork in my eye. Oh god, the suckness. So overrated, I'm convinced their songs are unlistenable.

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
Unfortunately it's impossible to say this without sounding horrifically condescending, but please trust me when I say I don't expect ISFPs to appreciate the value in Radiohead.

Not that that's a bad thing, just that...it probably factors into your opinion in calling such an obviously talented band "the most overrated"...just shows that you're missing a lot of context.

Something reminded me of this post by you. I really didn't get it. Were you having a cry because I dissed your favourite band? Explain to me exactly why an ISFP couldn't get Radiohead. Then explain what music an ENTP can't get. I don't believe you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it took until page 19 for someone to mention metallica!?!?!? :horor:

every single fucking song that they put out sounds exactly like every other song they do... and they're not really a joy to listen to either :sick:

also, Fallout Boy... I had to put up with plenty of people who worshipped them in college :rolli: And Breaking Benjamin! I nearly forgot my loathing for them after hearing them talked about as "the greatest band ever!" by people after that horrible song "diary of jane" came out! :steam:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something reminded me of this post by you. I really didn't get it. Were you having a cry because I dissed your favourite band? Explain to me exactly why an ISFP couldn't get Radiohead. Then explain what music an ENTP can't get. I don't believe you.

Radiohead really seems to appeal to Ns.

INTPs love Radiohead and Tool. I still try to get into Tool, but I don't see the greatness.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Nickelback
Greenday
Madonna (my ex loved her. I hope never hear her shitty voice again - Madonna, I mean)
Black Eyed Peas.
Coldplay (like a sonic twinkie)
Justin Bieber (more overprocessed sonic shit. Please.make.it.stop)