User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    I'm not one to trust reviews. Might as well ask people on the street what they think about this or that movie. I'm more likely to trust the opinion of like-minded people. And even then my experience with the movie will still be completely different.

    The only real thing that prevents me from seeing a movie is if the premise sucks.... or the people working in it are on my black list for whatever reason.


    Plus, Rotten Tomatoes gave a 42% to Ravenous. Nuff said.

  2. #12
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I'm not one to trust reviews. Might as well ask people on the street what they think about this or that movie. I'm more likely to trust the opinion of like-minded people. And even then my experience with the movie will still be completely different.

    The only real thing that prevents me from seeing a movie is if the premise sucks.... or the people working in it are on my black list for whatever reason.


    Plus, Rotten Tomatoes gave a 42% to Ravenous. Nuff said.
    Fair enough, although Rotten Tomatoes isn't really a critic publication itself, it's a critic aggregate, it combines all the critics ratings into one average rating. So it's always right

  3. #13
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Fair enough, although Rotten Tomatoes isn't really a critic publication itself, it's a critic aggregate, it combines all the critics ratings into one average rating. So it's always right
    Yeah no

  4. #14
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    In my honest opinion, Boondock Saints just isn't THAT great. Almost every guy likes to throw the title around like it's the best movie since sliced bread. It's a cult classic and it's kind of a trendy movie to like (i.e. they sell BoonSaint merchandise in Hot Topic). It's worth watching, but there's quite a few movies I'd rather watch.

  5. #15
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    ^ Kind of like Napoleon Dynamite, except that was movie amazing and is totally deserving of it's cult classic title.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    ^ Kind of like Napoleon Dynamite, except that was movie amazing and is totally deserving of it's cult classic title.
    And I quit like 40 minutes into the movie.

  7. #17
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    ^Shame. 'Tis a classic, it is.

  8. #18
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    ^ Kind of like Napoleon Dynamite, except that was movie amazing and is totally deserving of it's cult classic title.
    I enjoyed it, but didn't get into the hype. It's better than a lot of comedic shit out there.

    The Big Lebowski is a cult classic that deserves it's title ten times over; probably the most deserving IMO - besides the point, but I'm just saying.

  9. #19
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    ^Yes, I second that. I love Lebowski. I've memorized nearly the entire movie and whenever I watch it I always call out the lines as the characters are saying them.

Similar Threads

  1. Mormonism - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
    By RaptorWizard in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 12:51 PM
  2. The Boondock Saints
    By Argus in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 05:28 AM
  3. ber's "Saints Row 2" review...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 01:14 AM
  4. And with this, I have officially lost all hope
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 03:05 PM
  5. The "I haven't been repped all day" support group.
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO