• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aion Online

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone wanting to play this or playing this? The open beta is free. I don't have a server that I'm playing on yet, but me and 3 RL friends are getting started on it soon.

I'll post what server I'm on when it gets downloaded... an hour and a half left!

But anyways, this game looks excellent. I'm going to be playing as a cleric. Anyone played this game or have any comments on it?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I looked at it briefly. If I played I would have gone elementalist, I love Mages. Maybe I'll try the beta over the weekend but not really looking to get in to an MMO at this point, but it did look promising.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah right now I'm looking to get into an MMO again, because this semester I have so much damn free time. And it's in beta so it's free.

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
I played a little bit. It was pretty fun, but so many games are coming. D:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Any more impressions BC? I have to say my curiosity has since been elevated a tad...I've heard good things.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems like any other MMO. I got to around level 17 and then the beta ended... there was nothing special about it. It was just another game where you grind and do quests. Unlike WoW, they only have a free for all coliseum for low level PvP, and in there basically a bunch of high levels group together (you can work together in there) and own everyone. At the max level there is a mass PvP zone that the game is centered around.

They did everything right and the flying was awesome, but it's just very generic. It seems like there is something missing... But I didn't get to max level to experience the PvP area the game is supposedly centered around.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It seems like any other MMO. I got to around level 17 and then the beta ended... there was nothing special about it. It was just another game where you grind and do quests. Unlike WoW, they only have a free for all coliseum for low level PvP, and in there basically a bunch of high levels group together (you can work together in there) and own everyone. At the max level there is a mass PvP zone that the game is centered around.

They did everything right and the flying was awesome, but it's just very generic. It seems like there is something missing... But I didn't get to max level to experience the PvP area the game is supposedly centered around.

Hmm, good insights, though I'm definitely a PvP fan so I'd like to see what that had to offer. I'm on their site right now, devouring the Wiki. I feel like an idiot not giving this thing a shot in the beta...

What class did you play? Any experience with tradeskills and how they work? The flying definitely seems great, I wants me some black wings...:cheese:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I played as a Cleric and my INFJ best friend played as a Gladiator. We basically worked together and bulldozed most of the quests with me healing him and him owning stuff (This is what we usually do). As a Cleric I did really good damage, virtually never went out of mana, I didn't have to use any recovery methods from a full bar for about 45 minutes, and if you level up your mana and health shoots back up... so yeah. I get the feeling that Cleric mana is going to get nerfed.

But I did really good burst damage, did good healing, and could buff pretty well. The Cleric's damage seems based around burst, which is actually a very good way of making them since you can use your burst and then go back to healing people.

They have these things called chain attacks, which basically means if you do one attack that unlocks another ability to use only after that ability has been used. As a Cleric is was basically Holy Spell -> Instant Lightning Bolt thing, then I had this instant melee skill that slowed the enemy's attack speed by 10% and that would lead into another lightning spell that stunned for 5 seconds and did good damage.

Also as a Cleric I was in the 2nd best armor class with a shield, so I basically never died with that, my mana, and my good damage.

My friend pretty much owned stuff as a Gladiator though.

I honestly didn't try out any of the tradeskills, I just wanted to burn through the beta to get as high as possible to try out the class I wanted to play. When I got the beta it only had 3 days left, and then everything was going to get erased. So yeah.

I never lost a duel, lol. Everything was basically easy as a Cleric but it went a bit slower than the pure damage classes went.

The Assassin class is pretty much pointless, since the Gladiator does more damage, has more armor, and they are both up close classes. And their stealth makes you able to see them, they just become transparent but you can't target them (but an AOE attack gets them out of stealth easily). The ranger class on the other hand is ridiculous, they were the only people that I came close to losing to a lot.

We played on the good side. I tried both sides, and I would say the leveling on both sides seems even, there isn't a bias or anything for faction. The evil people look a lot cooler, I like how they run more than I do the good guys. We started on the good side because we had two real life friends that made characters on the good side, so meh.

The people on the bad side were immature idiots, and the people on the good side were more mature and actual conversation was going on in the global channel. On the bad side it was basically a constant flame war.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have a group of friends who play it but like warcraft I don't want to pay for it. I should have tried it in beta but my !@#$% friend told me it wasn't as good as he expected.. and then played it.

Maybe I should try it for a few months.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Currently playing an Eylos Templar on Marchutan. My char's name is Krohne, if anyone's playing that faction/server.

Honestly, I like the game so far (once you get used to maintaining a daily block list of goldspammers). I haven't tried many of the other classes yet, but tanking is honestly more fun than it was in my WoW days.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
20 Asmodian Sorcerer on Israphel. I like it so far too, pretty grind heavy if you're used to WoW and leveling is slower, but it gives you incentive to group up and grind elites, making it a bit more socially oriented. Haven't gotten to Abyss yet, but I am excited to do so.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Level 20 myself as well.

I definitely agree that they make it clear that grouping is preferred. That's what I love about being a templar though, groups always welcome tanks, since most warriors go the gladiator route it seems.