• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Anime TV Series?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I'm no weeaboo, but I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, and xxxHolic. I would gladly accept recommendations if anyone can think of some.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
You have to check out Cowboy Bebop, its a masterpiece. .hack//sign and its sequels I really enjoyed as well. If you liked Dragon ball Z I would suggest Bleach or Naruto... I hated Naruto until I finally sat down and watched the first 10-12 episodes or so, then I was hooked! Very well done.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, and xxxHolic. I would gladly accept recommendations if anyone can think of some.

Based on your preferences, the central weeaboo computer recommends the following shows:

Casshern Sins
Texhnolyze
Noir
Serial Experiments Lain
Samurai Champloo

Thank you for choosing Weaboo Network, have fun!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Cowboy Bebop (yoko kanno is a genius)
Samurai Champloo (not as good as Bebop, but still better than the vast majority I've seen)
Samurai X (the original OVA of Ruroni [sic?] Kenshin)
Ghost in the Shell (love the excellent action combined with a complex storyline and intellectually relevant characters)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Death Note is a good series for watching INTJ - INTP dynamic. But it kind of loses its steam half way through or so.

Cowboy Bebop, on the other hand, was almost flawless.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched Spice and Wolf and Spice and Wolf 2 up to the current episode and enjoyed them quite a bit. It's mainly about romance, and more often then not, romance in anime's tends to be over the top and totally not interesting for me. But in this series I quite enjoyed it.

Every hardship the protagonists face is based on their evolving relationship. Not surprising as the title is a reference to both protagonists.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My aforementioned suggestions are good. What's a weeaboo?

A white guy who wishes he was Asian, specifically Japanese (aka "egg", i.e. reverse "banana")

Last edited:

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm watching Space Battleship Yamato now (aka Starblazers).
The story is about going to planet Iscandar to obtain "cosmo cleaner D" to save the earth from radioactivity. And they have to fight the Gamilons.
It's a very retro 70's series. They wear bellbottom pants.
It takes place around the year 2200 but they had someone use a typewriter.
Hahaha. I don't recall them ever having typewriters on Star Trek.
They have Yamato models on Ebay and I was tempted to buy one.

yamato.jpg

I also started watching Galaxy Express 999.
It has to do with people turning themselves into cyborgs to live longer.
It's a weird story, but from what I read, the story may get very interesting later on.

I'm going to give "Bleach" a try. It seems to be a popular series.
It seems to be about fighting, but the graphics are much different than Dragon Ball Z.

Lastly, I saw the latest "Appleseed Ex Machina" movie, made in 2007.
It has awesome CGI graphics. Highly recommended.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sorry, but Evangelion must have been the shittiest anime series I have ever laid my eyes on.

It had more emo than "Cutters' suicidal poetry convention, sponsored by Zoloft"

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
Ichigo Mashimaro! Tell me someone's mentioned this. It may be paedophile fodder, but it's still brilliant.

Ooh, Lunar legend Tsukihime was pretty good.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
...absolutely don't like One Piece. Taste just differ I guess. :p

:ohmy: :eek:uch:

Oh, and also, I hate dubbed anime's personally. Especially since anime's are usually based on fantasy worlds. Japanese language with subtitles just seems to fit much better. Also, dubbed anime's often distort quite some sentences to fit the screenplay, and you're often left with quite lame dialogue, whereas the subbed version has a much more interesting dialogue. For me, dubbed takes away quite a bit of quality.

Just my two cents. :p

We agree on this much at least.
+1 for Samurai champloo
+1

Bleach was really good right up until the bountou arc T_T.

I don't bother with filler, although this Zanpakto arc is pretty decent I must admit, still filler...

Full Metal Alchemist is good too.

:dont:

I agree that just about all fillers in bleach are annoying. Bounto, Captain Amagai, weird ass other fillers. They make Bleach look bad imo.. Shinigami arc and arrancar arc are the only good parts.

But a few weeks ago they began with a really really cool filler arc. Today the 6th episode of the filler arc came out, this filler arc is better than any other arc so far, easily. Check out episode 230-235. :p

+1

Death Note is a good series for watching INTJ - INTP dynamic. But it kind of loses its steam half way through or so.

All downhill once [edited for spoiler material]...

Last edited:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would like to replace kendoiwan's big spoiler with a small spoiler, which also happens to be a better indicator when the series go downhill:

When Light forgets the note (and apparently turns into an ISTJ for a few episodes)