• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Anime TV Series?

Snow Turtle

^ Ugh, gives me the shivers. Which reminds me - SHAFT's animation style is very unique. I really want to see Bakemonogatari (the new SHAFT anime that's been getting excellent reviews) when it's out on DVD.

Just had a browse through some of the opening songs to get an idea of what it's about. It's so.... shiny and detailed.
Can't seem to figure out what it's about though since the first OP is so different from another one. The flashbacks is quite gory? :huh:

Seems like something worth checking out. Thanks. :)

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Serial Experiments Lain (The best I've seen; it's like nothing else)
Evangelion
Code Geass (This made me cry more than anything else I've seen.)
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Kind of irritating, though, that the episodes are out of order. You'll probably enjoy it more if you watch them chronologically.)

Snow Turtle

Serial Experiments Lain (The best I've seen; it's like nothing else)
Evangelion
Code Geass (This made me cry more than anything else I've seen.)
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Kind of irritating, though, that the episodes are out of order. You'll probably enjoy it more if you watch them chronologically.)

Really?
You didn't like the ordering? I found that if placed in chronological order, most of the suspense is essentially removed. What did you think?

*amused* There was a reference to that in Hayate no Gotoku.

I watched it in chronological order, and I agree that most of the suspense was removed (was still awesome though, and God Knows is still one of my favourite moments in anime). I think the original order was better, though the show lost a lot of viewers by starting off with Koi no Mikuru Densetsu.

Oh definitely. I saw that episode and thought... What the heck. Bunny costume girl...?
It was the same story with One Piece's Artwork. I ended up putting it off for several weeks.

Thankfully I was bored enough one day to stick around for 2-3 episodes. The monotone voice and the sarcasm, totally up my avenue. :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*amused* There was a reference to that in Hayate no Gotoku.

I watched it in chronological order, and I agree that most of the suspense was removed (was still awesome though, and God Knows is still one of my favourite moments in anime). I think the original order was better, though the show lost a lot of viewers by starting off with Koi no Mikuru Densetsu.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
:D Yes.

Also I enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin a good bit, and someone earlier said Death Note which is *amazing.* My ridiculously feminine side loves a good episode/manga of FruitsBasket though. :wubbie: Makes me squeal with girlish delight each time lol.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About Haruhi Suzumiya . . . As I was watching, I kept wondering if I had missed an episode or if the order had gotten mixed up for arbitrary reasons. If I had known that the episodes were supposed to be out of order and that the creators knew what they were doing, it wouldn't have bothered me. So yes, you probably should watch them in the official order, now that I think of it. The important thing is that you go in knowing it's a calculated move on the creators' part.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really get the hype around Haruhi, it seemed pretty average to me. Liked the concert part though.

(Mushishi, Noein, SEL and Cowboy Bebop also rule :) )

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bleach was really good right up until the bountou arc T_T.

I agree that just about all fillers in bleach are annoying. Bounto, Captain Amagai, weird ass other fillers. They make Bleach look bad imo.. Shinigami arc and arrancar arc are the only good parts.

But a few weeks ago they began with a really really cool filler arc. Today the 6th episode of the filler arc came out, this filler arc is better than any other arc so far, easily. Check out episode 230-235. :p

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Elfen Lied, Monster, Mushishi, Full Metal Panic, and Evangelion, off the top of my head. If these were already mentioned, I apologize, I was too lazy to read the entire thread.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
Mushishi
Death Note
Darker Than Black
Paranoia Agent

If you are comfortable with a wider spectrum of sexuality and gender identity/expression these are great:

Revolutionary Girl Utena
Ouran High School Host Club

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lain was excellent.

I'm just starting to watch Revolutionary Girl Utena myself. It's interesting so far, but good.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Great Teacher Onizuka, Golden Boy, Gintama, Ouran High School Host Club

All of them are hilarious yet thought provoking. :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHmBSfci0yE"]Golden Boy clip[/YOUTUBE]

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Great Teacher Onizuka was amazing. I didn't like it first time because of the crappy animation, then I realized it'd be interesting and funny even with a bunch of stick people. Onizuka = the ultimate ESF.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, Great Teacher Onizuka was amazing. I didn't like it first time because of the crappy animation, then I realized it'd be interesting and funny even with a bunch of stick people. Onizuka = the ultimate ESF.
Lol I have no idea why I wrote "grand". *edits*
Yeah, the animation takes some getting used to, but it's worth it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Ultimate ESFP imo.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A few masterpieces off the top of my head:
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
- Code geass