User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

OMG that lucky star clip's dialogue is just as dreary as the first episode where they talk about food.

Maybe sensors like that sort of thing better than intuitors.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    OMG that lucky star clip's dialogue is just as dreary as the first episode where they talk about food.

Maybe sensors like that sort of thing better than intuitors.
    I couldn't watch that stuff either for very long, even though I have gaming esperience and some levels of geekness in my system. So you might be right. It's probably mostly an S thing.

Such shows or clips could not hold my attention for longer then 5 minutes, even if they were funny.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I doubt it's a sensor/intuitor thing, since Kai's with you on not being able to get into it, and she's an ISFJ. I'm an INTJ.

I think it has more to do with how otaku/geeky you are, and how many references you catch. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to a casual anime watcher. Same with Hayate no Gotoku, which is excellent as a gag/otaku anime but wouldn't attract a huge following outside of that crowd.

Apart from that, it also depends on what genre you're into. I watch everything except serious romance and mecha (Code Geass being the exception).

Oh yeah, and as a general recommendation - Full Metal Alchemist. It's pretty popular and hasn't been mentioned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I couldn't watch that stuff either for very long, even though I have gaming esperience and some levels of geekness in my system. So you might be right. It's probably mostly an S thing.

Such shows or clips could not hold my attention for longer then 5 minutes, even if they were funny.
    Agreed with nonsequiter. I suspect that even though you are a gamer, you aren't an asian MMORPG fan. Personally I found some of the references in that clip amusing but that's because I play anime-esque style MMORPGs such as Ragnarok Online, Seal Online etc. Different type of gamers/geekiness.

I'm not exactly sure how you managed to jump to the conclusion of it being an S/N thing especially considering that people often hold a stereotype that SJs aren't interested in silly things that don't make much sense. Lucky Star is the sort of anime that has a huge amount of bouncing around places. Think about it, it's a contradiction in beliefs. But yeah... I don't really want to get into an argument about all this so I'll stop here.

Other anime series... Some that are my favourites that I'd recommend.

The Twelve Kingdoms
    Baccano
    Kaiji
    PlanetES
    Last Exile
    Dennou Coil
    Ef~ A tales of memories (I just like the idea of someone forgetting stuff)
    Ghost Hunt (Sucker for paranormal ideas)
    Ghost Hound
    Hidimari Sketch (Rather relaxing...)
    Noein (What better than... alternative space dimensions and time!)
    xxxHolic

Movies...
    The girl who lept through time
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Kiki's delivery service

There's so much variety in that. You'll be hard pressed to find whether people are drawn to one thing or another. Depending on your preferences there's so many options. Currently I'm watching Kemono no Souja Erin

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hmm...

Cowboy Bebop
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Mushishi

I don't know if you'd like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya because it's got a lot of references to other works that you're probably not familiar with and otakuisms but it isn't just 'silly' like Lucky Star and actually does have a plot.

Both Mushishi and Cowboy Bebop are very episodic. The first is action-y bounty-hunters-in-gritty-space and the other is a more monster-of-the-week mystery thing -- the plot isn't that great but the art is gorgeous.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Agreed with nonsequiter. I suspect that even though you are a gamer, you aren't an asian MMORPG fan. Personally I found some of the references in that clip amusing but that's because I play anime-esque style MMORPGs such as Ragnarok Online, Seal Online etc. Different type of gamers/geekiness.

I'm not exactly sure how you managed to jump to the conclusion of it being an S/N thing especially considering that people often hold a stereotype that SJs aren't interested in silly things that don't make much sense. Lucky Star is the sort of anime that has a huge amount of bouncing around places. Think about it, it's a contradiction in beliefs.
    Well, then the SJ stereotype is wrong too, since I don't like silly things that doesn't make sense either. Anime wise, I like plotlines, storydepth, character development and originality. So yeah, not that many anime I enjoy. ;(
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    If we're talking about action variety. I've just included the opening scene but some really good action ones would be:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuRajFzMYI"]Samurai Champloo[/YOUTUBE]

For a more serious ones with some underlying messages behind it. There's so many but some would be...

[YOUTUBE="CxY0ALI7izo"]Haibane Renmei opening[/YOUTUBE]
    Slow paced anime exploring what appears to be rather christian like themes...
    +1 for Samurai chaploo,

And Haibane Renmei, I think it's based a tad on some Haruki Murakmi stuff.

Bleach was really good right up until the bountou arc T_T.

Ouran High school is something I recommend to everyone just for the sheer hilarity. It's more for the girls but not exclusively.

I've also always had a soft spot for HunterxHunter, not quite sure why.

If you're into horror anime, Higurashino naku koro ni is pretty good.

Full Metal Alchemist is good too.

All I can think of presently...There is of course always CCS ...

Ooh and Ponipani dash, it's a kind ofslice of life, surrealist, pop culture anime.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Well, then the SJ stereotype is wrong too, since I don't like silly things that doesn't make sense either. Anime wise, I like plotlines, storydepth, character development and originality. So yeah, not that many anime I enjoy. ;(
    I think Lucky Star is less about "making sense" and more about spoofing a variety of things, deconstructing every simple thing in life to a ridiculous level. i.e. reductio ad absurdum. It's more observational humour than anything else.

Kai:
    Ef can be pretty damned depressing. As far as movies go... anything by Makoto Shinkai is a winner.

Liminality:
    I thought about recommending Ouran, but so far the preference seems to be for "serious" series. I loved Ouran... but I have a weakness for gag/harems. In this case, reverse harems are also hilarious.

I also thought of recommending Aria, but it's slice of life. Not much in the way of "plotlines".

Most of the ones I listed contain all those elements, but perhaps I have lower standards than you do. Have you checked out the ones I put there?

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    All I can think of presently...There is of course always CCS ...
    w00ty for CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Kai:
    Ef can be pretty damned depressing. As far as movies go... anything by Makoto Shinkai is a winner.
    Yeah. I haven't seen the others but some of the scenes in memories was rather thought provoking, especially when there are people out there in the world with memories that only last a few minutes. It left me wondering what is left of a persons identity if it's gone so easily...

There was that crazy stalker/obsessive phonecall scene as well!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3YlL40Lrlo&feature=related]Phonecall[/youtube]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

^ Ugh, gives me the shivers. Which reminds me - SHAFT's animation style is very unique. I really want to see Bakemonogatari (the new SHAFT anime that's been getting excellent reviews) when it's out on DVD.