User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

The ones in bold are in my top 5, no particular order.

Fav animes? I love the maniacal manipulative strategist/tactician style of Code Geass and Deathnote. Gundam Wing is one of my all time favorite series for its depth and philosophy. One Piece is one of my favs for being fun to watch, and providing good fights in DBZ sort of style. Fullmetal Alchemist is one of my all time favs for having a really great, moving, and dramatic plot. The new series, FMA Brotherhood is proving to be just as good, especially in the animation itself which is just JAW DROPPING in some scenes. And I could never forget Cowboy Bebop which is assuredly in my top 3 for having everything I love, including some truly awesome music. Then the other honorable mentions would be Outlaw Star, Yu Yu hakusho, Scry Ed (I love shows that emphasize will power) and Inuyasha.

Evangelion fans SCARE me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

COWBOY BEBOP!
    awesome script, awesome music, awesome concept. pretty old thought but still fabulous.

Evangelion
    for breaking anime mould and showing what anime is capable of. also for the most fucked up characters and and... gut-wrenching. i call it emo-scifi.

(trying to list only non-manga based anime is kinda hard cos i kinda dropped out of anime for a few years now...)

Azumanga Daioh
    okay, this IS based on manga but the manga is only a 4-panel so im conveniently going to ignore that fact and put it here. Absorbing, funny, intelligent, light-hearted and happy-weird.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex I and II
    Personally, i loved 2 better. Okay, this is also another not-so-strictly-manga-based. The original movie is based mainly from the manga, and this is based on the movie set in an "alternate" dimension. Very engaging story. Beautiful backgrounds courtesy of Kanno Yoko (from CowBe). Fantastic characters, great animation (well, for that time anyway).

hmmm now if this is about manga....... *can rattle on for pages*
    [Kierkegaard: either/or] At the moment of choice, he is at the point of consummation, for his personality is consummating itself, and yet at the same moment he is at the very beginning, because he is choosing himself according to his freedom. As a product he is squeezed into the forms of actuality; in the choice he makes himself elastic, transforms everything exterior into interiority. He has his place in the world; in freedom he chooses his place---that is, he chooses this place

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    The ones in bold are in my top 5, no particular order.
    Evangelion fans SCARE me.
    LOL!!! 30 yr old obese women cosplaying as Rei DO scare me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP

I LOVE azumanga!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Just dropping in to add CLANNAD as a suggestion. The writing is phenomenal and the characters... Incredible.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    You must be a troll. Search the forum.
    And you're full of hot air.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Just dropping in to add CLANNAD as a suggestion. The writing is phenomenal and the characters... Incredible.
    Bumping this thread and adding CLANNAD After Story to the list. It's as good as the first season and incredibly heartwarming/breaking too. CLANNAD is totally an exercise in emotional masochism for the empathetic... (It totally made this INTJ cry like a baby. Multiple times.)

While on the topic of Key/KyoAni collaborations, I'll also recommend Air and Kanon.

This is the CLANNAD After Story OP... beautiful music and incredible animation by KyoAni. Wonderful writing by Key. Both seasons are definitely among my favourite series, for sure. Dango daikazoku... ;_;

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2fQGHI3TwQ"]<3[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    I think Lavos was kidding...

I've just found Toradora, another one for girls, but it's brilliant, so it's going up here.
    Ohh yeah, I really like that one. I usually think those school romance animes are idiotic, but that one kind of breaks out of the formula.

I recently watched one called Battle Programmer Shirase, it's freaking hilarious.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INTJ

Gundam Wing is a big favourite of mine but it caters very specifically to ENTJs.

Cowboy Bebop was great.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Which reminds me - SHAFT's animation style is very unique. I really want to see Bakemonogatari (the new SHAFT anime that's been getting excellent reviews) when it's out on DVD.
    Finished it except for the 3 episodes that have yet to air and are web-only.

It's excellent. Very verbal, full of abstract imagery and puns and extremely intelligent. The main female character, Hitagi Senjougahara, is the most interesting female anime character I've seen. She's probably an INTJ - and a slightly psychotic one. There is just so much depth in those 12 episodes, I'd probably need to rewatch a couple of times to get all the references, puns and the subtext (since every character is holding back something).

Apart from CLANNAD After Story, definitely the best anime I've seen this year. Nothing else comes close.