• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't be the only one watching Dexter

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter and it's captivating.

I discovered Dexter last week, they were rerunning all of Season 1 in anticipation of Season 2 returning on the weekend. I've been watching 2 or 3 episodes a day, getting caught up.

A few of my favourite lines from the first six episodes:

"People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess."

"Needless to say I have some unusual habits, yet all these socially acceptable people can't wait to pick up hammers and smash their food to bits. Normal people are so hostile."

"There's something strange and disarming about looking at a homicide scene in the daylight of Miami. It makes the most grotesque killings look staged, like you're in a new and daring section of Disney World: Dahmerland."

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I love that show, I download it every week. I love how it is so character driven, and I love exploring the alternative world view of a sophisticated killer, who by the way is INTJ, in my opinion.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I think he's an INTx, not sure if it's J or P - but then I haven't seen all the episodes.

I never thought I'd be able to look at Hall and see someone other than a gay funeral director.

qazzaq

MBTI Type
ENFP
Dexter is definitely the best show on tv.

I was thinking about his type when watching sunday night show.

I'd say he seems intj now , but that's only because of the "issues" he had a child. I'd say that if his mom hadn't been brutally murdered in front of him as a kid he'd be a different type.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hehe, personally I love both Dexter and Battlestar Galactica. Both shows have immense character depth, as opposed to a show like Heroes, which I think is overrated, but still watch, of course. Personally I am beginning to think Dexter is the best show TV has ever seen, and let’s say I think it is very, very INTJ friendly. Quite NT in nature, I would argue–it would probably appeal somewhat less to NFs, SPs and SJs. On the other hand, this season is quite identity seeking, an aspect I think would appeal immensely to NFs.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dexter's strength is pacing. After every episode you're dying (no pun intended, I assure you) to see what happens next, but it doesn't drag the way Heroes and BSG does. (Mind you, I quite enjoy Heroes and BSG nonetheless. Depending on how season 4 pans out, BSG might manage to eclipse TNG as my favorite show of all time.)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Dexter is cool. Not sure about the whole typing though. Surely any sociopath comes across as an INTx?

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Man. He's getting sloppy.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Man. He's getting sloppy.

Still watching, Mycroft?

There's one episode left for us (Season 2) and then it's withdrawal. I've had to move this up to a tie with Deadwood for Best Damned Show Evah. I've ordered the books by Lindsay to help with the shakes.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Still watching, Mycroft?

Yup. Great show. So great I also went ahead and read the books. They're not bad, but the show is actually better, I think. The supporting characters get more development in the show.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I just saw that Michael C Hall has been nominated for a Golden Globe (best performance by an actor in a TV series - Drama). The only nomination for Dexter.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never saw it.
The really funny thing is that whenever anyone mentions Dexter on TV, I can still only think of Dexter's Laboratory. :laugh:

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely my favourite TV show to air over the past couple of years.

I definitely think Dexter is an INTx, I keep changing my mind about whether he's a J or a P, and subsequently whether Ni or Ti is his dominant function.

The final episode ties up a few loose ends quite nicely. It's out there available for download ahead of the airing on Sunday night. Can't wait for season 3!

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Definitely my favourite TV show to air over the past couple of years.

I definitely think Dexter is an INTx, I keep changing my mind about whether he's a J or a P, and subsequently whether Ni or Ti is his dominant function.

I'd love to be able to ask Jeff Lindsay what his take on Dexter is, personality wise. Some of the voice over freaks my husband out; a lot of it he's heard from me when dealing with people. Although, Dex is better at pretending to be 'normal' than I am. Of course he's got more motivation.

The final episode ties up a few loose ends quite nicely. It's out there available for download ahead of the airing on Sunday night. Can't wait for season 3!
They aren't available to Canadians. It's a real pisser. I've seen the trailers / sneak peeks, but that's it. I hope Lila buys it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never saw it.
The really funny thing is that whenever anyone mentions Dexter on TV, I can still only think of Dexter's Laboratory. :laugh:

Me too! That's what I thought this thread was about. Skimming the posts I just figured DeeDee was one of the more developed supporting characters mentioned. :D

O

Oberon

"Needless to say I have some unusual habits, yet all these socially acceptable people can't wait to pick up hammers and smash their food to bits. Normal people are so hostile."

There's something strangely Uberesque about this line. :huh:

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Me too! That's what I thought this thread was about. Skimming the posts I just figured DeeDee was one of the more developed supporting characters mentioned. :D

Yah, Dexter's Laboratory is something we still watch when we see it listed. "DeeDee you hiiiidioooot"