User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Halloween 2 [Rob Zombie remake]

So how was it??? I've read it's pretty br00tal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

They made a sequel?

Oh noes.

MBTI
    ISTx

Well, there's an original sequel already, but Rob Zombie is remaking the series. This is his second film. I actually haven't seen the first one either...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, I know. I've seen the original sequel and the 2007 Rob Zombie remake and both were bad. The only good film in the entire Halloween series is the original Halloween.

MBTI
    ISTx

Ohhh. I'm not really a big horror/slasher film guy in general, but I can appreciate a good movie that does good with the proper elements. I'd like to see this and the first remake. Rob Zombie isn't too shabby in this arena from what I've seen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you haven't seen the original Halloween, you definitely should. It's much scarier than the remakes, because in the remakes, they focus on blood and gore and how many kills they can fit into one movie, where as in the original, they focused more on Michael Myers' deadly rampage through town. The original is much scarier because it uses Michael Myers' emotionless actions to psychologically creep you out, as opposed to the blood bath that is modern horror cinema.

MBTI
    ISTx

^I can see what you're saying. I've seen pieces of the original, but never sat down and intently watched it from beginning to end. I'm gonna need to do this. I might even order the DVD. In general, older horror films have a much creepier vibe, even with the lack of effects and cinematic advancements. Maybe that has a lot to do with the reason why...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^I can see what you're saying. I've seen pieces of the original, but never sat down and intently watched it from beginning to end. I'm gonna need to do this. I might even order the DVD. In general, older horror films have a much creepier vibe, even with the lack of effects and cinematic advancements. Maybe that has a lot to do with the reason why...
    I agree. I think it has to do with the fact that the filmmakers tried to make the film as scary as possible using the materials they had back in those days, and when you watch the film, it shows. Not to mention all the time and effort they put into the screenplay to make sure the dialogue and setting is spooky enough. Nowadays, most horror films don't even consider the setting and/or dialogue and just throw in a scary-looking ghost-figure and a bunch of blood and gore to "scare us." Even though this technique has only truly been used for the past decade, it's getting really old, really fast.

MBTI
    ISTx

Word. Extreme gore/violence and CGI characters just don't do it for me. Atmosphere is so much more effective.

MBTI
    STFU

i think rob zombie provides a good atmosphere. as far as other currently-working american horror directors, he is one of the best out there. compared the the shit that is usually churned out by american productions, rob zombie is doing a better job, even if it is another fucking god-damned baby-punching butthole-sniffing remake.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti