Thread: Pushing Daisies

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Pushing Daisies

In that fantastical show where the personalities were a little more pronounced than most, what do you think their mbti types are/were?

All I can think is that maybe Ned is an INF...p?

and olive an ESFJ?

What about everyone else?
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I looove this show and miss it a lot. I love how it was sweet and whimsical but also darkly funny. This probably belongs in the Popular Culture and Typing forum, but for the characters I would say....

Ned: INFP
    Chuck: ISXP
    Emerson: INTX (J, I think)
    Olive: ESFJ
    Aunt Lily: IXTP
    Aunt Vivian: ESFP
    Coroner: No clue, but hilarious. ISTP?
    Alfredo Aldarisio: ISFP
    Jim Dale's narrator: INTP

Lots of incomplete typings.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Hmm, I can see Ned as an INFP... but I think ISFJ fits better? He's so passive aggressive, ha!

Chuck: eNFP
    Emerson: ISTJ
    Olive: ENFJ
    Aunt Lily: INTJ? ISTP?
    Aunt Vivian:

It is so wrong this show was cancelled. On a side note, what do you guys think of Chuck and Ned staying together? Certainly they can be happy together, but couldn't they be even happier with other people (without the drama of death and bring-back-to-life and no-touching)? I guess that's not how love works (first come, first served!), and all relationships have their problems. (Or is that what attracts them to each other partially? The cocoon of the known and untouch-y.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Oh, loved the show and cried (only a little...) when I found out that it was cancelled.
    I would type some of the characters, but not only am I lazy my character typing is so shoddy .
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 09-23-2009 at 02:35 PM.

this show, also sad to see it cancelled. What an original concept it was, and I so love quirk!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I was very happy (and surprised, considering the show was canceled) to see Kristin Chenoweth win the Emmy.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

colors; I can see how you would think that, but I don't think he is. He's far too imaginative. Maybe I could see him as an INFJ but not S. I'm also going to take a big guess and say you mean the opposite of "violent aggressive" when you say passive aggressive rather than actual clinical passive aggression (it's taken me forever to realize that what people keep railing about isn't the actual clinical problem but just a style of aggression that they don't like because it doesn't allow them to yell like they want to). Ok, that was ot. But, I think that an NF could be a pie maker, we don't all have to be philosophers or writers. One's profession or likes is not limited to type, but rather skill set and how one was raised. And Ned was raised to connect pie baking with comfort, so it makes complete sense that an INF like him would become a pie maker.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Serves me right. I should've specified that I meant he's awfully avoidant.

I think any type of person can love pie.

I suppose I could see Ned as an INFJ, but I definitely don't see INFP when I watch how he reacts to situations (as compared to Chuck, who I think is clearly Fi dominant or secondary). He's not trying to follow his bliss or an inner compass or code/values or whatever you want to call it, his rules for behaving primarily cater to the immediate situation (and with keeping, to a certain extent, a comfortable status quo).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3?
    Socionics
    INFp

I agree with Colors, Ned seems like an ISFJ to me. He is much too set in his ways to be a P. He's kind of controlling too. He also seems like more of a guardian than an idealist.

I think that Chuck is an ENFJ. She doesn't like being in seclusion and gets out in the world to talk to people whenever she gets a chance. She also seems idealist-y. I also think she's J, but after having died, she started to develop her P more because she didn't do that in her past life.

At first I thought that Olive was an ESFP, but now I'm not sure if she's J or P. I can't find a lot of evidence that points either way.

Emerson- ENTJ? I always saw him as an extrovert. I'm curious as to why people think he's an I.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

This show was great. The dialogue is to die for. I think that it got cancelled because a lot of people weren't smart enough to catch what the characters were saying...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM