User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many books do you own? Also how many have you read?

Default How many books do you own? Also how many have you read?

Ill start off with mine. I own 70 books and probably have partially read about 10 and only completed like a couple.

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

I have tons and tons of books. When my husband and I bought our house the previous owners left their five huge bookshelves full of books. I was in heaven! We also have an extensive book collection on our own.

I have no idea how many books I've read, but when I have time I'll read one or two a week

I currently own 599 books (yes, I have a complete list) but I've only read about a hundred or so of those because I live close to a library and I keep on lending loads and loads of new and exciting books from there because I'm a starving student and I cannot even go to a bookstore because I'd never get out of there without being completely broke and yeah, I'd probably never read any of them. I'll probably continue reading my own books when I retire. Maybe.

And I have no idea how many books I've read throughout my life. I started to read pretty early.

INFj None

A wild guess is that I have at least sixty to a hundred books, not counting my husband's. He probably owns three to five times as many books as I do.

Of the books that I own personally, I've probably read all but five. I don't keep every book I read, though (sometimes I sell them on Amazon to support my habit), and I have no idea how many I've read. Allowed unlimited access to books, I would read a couple a week, every week. Not heavy stuff, just mostly novels.

Need moar.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

I own about 10 books. Read about 9,5 of those.

Read in total in my life? No idea. Probably around 50ish...

I own about 80 books, and I've probably read at least 500 from high school until now.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

I have hundreds of books (some that I got when I was still a kid).

I've read probably about 70% of them.
    Most of the ones I haven't read were bargain-bin specials at Borders (etc) where I thought the topic would be interesting but haven't yet scheduled a time to read.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I own about 150 books and I've owned another 100 that I sold when we moved to Japan. I've read all of them and maybe at least another 100+ from the library.

Throughout my life I've owned over 100 books. Currently I probably have less than 100 on my bookshelf. Many of them are nice references that I can thumb through when I have a random question in my head, or books I've already read.

Normally, how it goes is I see something I'm interested in and rent it, if I enjoyed it, I buy the book so I may enjoy it again sometime. If I don't wanna re-read it again, it's not worth buying. I do have lists and lists of books I still need to spend my money on, but they won't manifest until I have something bigger than the small 5-shelf bookshelf I own in my room. I refuse to clutter my space (I already had to create a 6th shelf on the floor infront of it.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Own in the realm of 175ish; have read all the novels, and extracted information out of the nonfiction to varying extents.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis