• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

i <3 WoW

gamergirl

MBTI Type
INFP
world of warcraft is by far the greatest game in the world in my opinion...hahahaha i have so many "friends" there lol :wubbie:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've played on and off the past couple years...currently quit because I can't stand the melee bias when it comes to PvP, considering my 2 80s are a Mage and Warlock.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I got the 10 day trial after talking to some people about it in a thread here, and it didn't go so well..

Let's just say my 10-Day Free trial was more of a 2-day free trial, where I sat there knowing absolutely nothing about anything for 2 hours before falling asleep.

But it looks like a very cool game. I wish I was more patient and knowledgeable with it.

gamergirl

MBTI Type
INFP
you guys should try private servers, they're completely free, you level a bit faster and its retail like, if you would like to try it, pm me

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I play it too... well.. sort of. :) I haven't played it in a few months because other things have come up and I really didn't feel like paying for it. I have a.... uhh... oh noes! I forgot what level my character was! *Goes to armory* ... ahhh I knew it was in teh 70's. ;)
The World of Warcraft Armory

What's the "n/a" under my "Beat Mastery" talent? :confused:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I play it too... well.. sort of. :) I haven't played it in a few months because other things have come up and I really didn't feel like paying for it. I have a.... uhh... oh noes! I forgot what level my character was! *Goes to armory* ... ahhh I knew it was in teh 70's. ;)
The World of Warcraft Armory

What's the "n/a" under my "Beat Mastery" talent? :confused:

lolololol Micklovin...:D

superbad_movie_mclovin_with_hotie.jpg

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WoW consumed 2 years of my life, then I got bored with it. It's a waste of time in my opinion. When I quit WoW I decided to get out more, made more friends in the REAL world, did more REAL world stuff, etc. I also made an effort to get more in shape, which I did.

So all WoW did for me was waste my money and time. Sure I talked to people on there and played with my RL friends, but then when we stopped we simply did REAL life stuff.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
WoW consumed 2 years of my life, then I got bored with it. It's a waste of time in my opinion. When I quit WoW I decided to get out more, made more friends in the REAL world, did more REAL world stuff, etc. I also made an effort to get more in shape, which I did.

So all WoW did for me was waste my money and time. Sure I talked to people on there and played with my RL friends, but then when we stopped we simply did REAL life stuff.

I can certainly relate to this. WoW vacuums up spare time easily - time that could be better spent. To be fair though, any single player game does the same. WoW is just especially proficient at providing a never ending list of things to accomplish

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I played WoW since it came out. It replaced FFXI as the new crack that totally consumed my life. Of course i wasn't doing anything with my free time anyway when i do get some (except going to clubs and getting hammered, as well as talking to random girls at the mall, my friend's favorite pastime activity). But I don't really do anything with numbers i do get and going to the club every week is tiring. So playing WoW was a good cheap enterainment that got me hook because of its endless quest to get purple items that will be obsolete within a month or two.

I've also tried every aspect of the game, PvP (got to 1800s in pvp, which was frustrating since my partners are usually casual and they never want to go any higher) as well as PvE. I think the final straw was when a raid i formed got a dropped that i been after for 2 months (got beaten 4 times before, but i didn't mind cause they were contributing equally, but still frustrated me) ended up to the lowest dps character. That's when i knew i had to quit. So I took my DK and my Shaman (both in 25 naxx gears) and vowed never to play again.

Well that was five months ago....and i just resently openned my account 3 days ago. So to all the WoW players who can't quit, cheers. You my friend are not alone.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I tried some 'unofficial' servers for a little while. The cartoony art style and music is nice but the gameplay itself was very meh, though, I can understand why people get addicted to it.

So basically the only reason I tried the game was for superficial reasons. :rolli:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU"]Do You Wanna Date My Avatar[/YOUTUBE]

Trying to get this to embed. I've gotten rusty!

I haven't been playing a lot of WoW lately, but I like it. I wish I was better at instances, though.

Edit: My main

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I haven't been playing a lot of WoW lately, but I like it. I wish I was better at instances, though.

Instances are easy. I'm surprised at how many people are really bad at them. Lol. I can't tell you how many times as a Ret Paladin I would end up throwing on my shield, devotion aura and blessing of kings on myself to emergency tank, or throw on my shield and mace to start throwing out flashes of light, all because the tank is truly terrible at this game or the healer is truly terrible. I also have memories of tripling the DPS of the other two people's scores combined. God everyone was terrible at that game. I'd flatten people in PvP.

My INFJ friend and I got our life philosophy from playing world of warcraft and seeing all of this stuff in people. We gathered that a lot of people fail at life. :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If it's easy, it seems like more people would be good at it. I am an old fart, so I didn't cut my teeth on a game controller like kids do now. I also have slow motor skills and get flustered when people act annoyed, so yeah . . .

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You shouldn't get too obsessed with WoW. It's so good it's addicting.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's easy, it seems like more people would be good at it. I am an old fart, so I didn't cut my teeth on a game controller like kids do now. I also have slow motor skills and get flustered when people act annoyed, so yeah . . .

Well you can't be THAT bad. As long as you try and make an effort everything is cool. I had plenty of sympathy for players that just weren't performing well but were trying, and who could learn. But if they were just acting like an idiot and weren't trying to fix their mistakes etc, yeah.

You don't seem that way. :)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Depends on your class and role IMO. Also whether you click vs. keybind, keyboard turn vs. mouseturn, blah blah blah. Most DPS classes can sleepwalk through 5 mans, obviously tanks and healers is a little higher skill check.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU"]Do You Wanna Date My Avatar[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: My main

Could she be anymore beautiful...:wubbie:

she is orgasmic in every single way.

Did I say that out loud? Sorry guyz! :blush:

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Depends on your class and role IMO. Also whether you click vs. keybind, keyboard turn vs. mouseturn, blah blah blah. Most DPS classes can sleepwalk through 5 mans, obviously tanks and healers is a little higher skill check.

Tanks is barely higher than DPS, once you get a rotation going, its a walk in the park. Of course theres alot of fight where positioning is important, but that's only hard when you don't know the fight (which 9/10 you do, since you can watch every boss fight online, unless your trying to score a world first). Healing is meh, healing is only hard if your waaayyyy undergeared for a instance/raid.

Only thing that i probably hate about doing PUG is if a person refuse to learn or acts like a moron since you can't reach thru your monitor and strangulate them.