• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

i <3 WoW

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have a level 53 undead mage and a couple of other low-level blood elf toons (priest, warlock, hunter). The game improves the further I go along. Right now, I'm just trying to get to 55 so I can try out a DK.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This game is pretty horrible in my opinion, but it obviously has a certain appeal seeing as so many people play it. Envy and greed, maybe? There's obviously no depth to WoW, but that's not what anyone plays it for. I play table-top RPGs, which can be incredibly deep and involving. The gaming medium is imagination, which turns a lot of people off for some reason. I think it makes it all the better.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
This game is pretty horrible in my opinion, but it obviously has a certain appeal seeing as so many people play it. Envy and greed, maybe? There's obviously no depth to WoW, but that's not what anyone plays it for. I play table-top RPGs, which can be incredibly deep and involving. The gaming medium is imagination, which turns a lot of people off for some reason. I think it makes it all the better.
I'd be interested in trying table-tops, but there are social and scheduling logistics that would be difficult to work around. When I'm 'off duty' I'm home all day with no transportation. When I have transportation, the husband and kids are home so I'm on duty. On WoW, I can be at home with no car and play. I can almost always hit LFG and find people to play with if I need them. If not, I can do solo stuff or battlegrounds. There is a decent variety of activities you can do and you don't have to be social if you don't feel like it.

If you really want to get into it, you can learn all the stats, the lore, etc. If you don't, you can just run around doing quests. That makes it something I can do with my kids. I like it especially well because I don't have a lot of interests in common with one of my sons, but he loves video games and this is one I can enjoy playing with him. I am pretty sure it would be a very cold day before he'd play table-top rpgs. He's a bright boy, but the geek genes somehow missed him.

deleted
MBTI_aug25_rawnumbers.png

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'd be interested in trying table-tops, but there are social and scheduling logistics that would be difficult to work around. When I'm 'off duty' I'm home all day with no transportation. When I have transportation, the husband and kids are home so I'm on duty. On WoW, I can be at home with no car and play. I can almost always hit LFG and find people to play with if I need them. If not, I can do solo stuff or battlegrounds. There is a decent variety of activities you can do and you don't have to be social if you don't feel like it.

If you really want to get into it, you can learn all the stats, the lore, etc. If you don't, you can just run around doing quests. That makes it something I can do with my kids. I like it especially well because I don't have a lot of interests in common with one of my sons, but he loves video games and this is one I can enjoy playing with him. I am pretty sure it would be a very cold day before he'd play table-top rpgs. He's a bright boy, but the geek genes somehow missed him.

this is a big pro argument I hear about WoW (or similar games). You can do it anytime you feel like it. Table-top RPGs require the social group get together which can be hard to arrange, sadly. Once you do get a solid group going it's usually a great experience (a good GM and cooperative players helps). I feel like these games helped my creativity and writing ability, too. I am partial to this hobby and think it is a constructive way to spend free time.

If you ever do get the chance to play one with a group of people, go for it.

cool

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Yeah! ENFJ's tie INFP's for second! That's crazy.

I play wow. I'm a level 74 human paladin on silvermoon. Yeah, I kick ass. I'm watching episodes of The Guild on my 360 right now. Anyone know what type Felicia Day is? INF?

me

The World of Warcraft Armory

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Me nots gets the stats. What's that "raw results"?

Anyways, I too used to play World of Warcraft.

First time I played it during closed EU beta. I had this dwarven paladin, which I played to level 54 or so. It was the first commercial MMORPG I had played.. I only had experience with Runescape prior to WoW, and WoW was like ten times better. I quit playing when the beta ended.

The second time I started playing the game was more than a year later, when I created my Undead Warlock. I wanted to try Role-Playing, and oh boy... it was fun. I come across some Forsaken-only RP-guild, and decided to join. I was bit nervous, because I had only roleplayed with people I knew beforehand. But it went nicely. I felt comfortable playing with them, and suddenly... I found myself LEADING that RP-guild. And months later I found myself leading the largest Forsaken RP guild on the server (some 120 members). The part I liked the most was the politics. I liked making alliances and wars between guilds, and manipulating people into my will.

And we also had real-life meatings with some of the guild members. They were fun people and we had good time together.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I just restarted my account with a 64 Draenei Priest on Black Dragonflight. It's just the questing seems so long and tedious. I just ordered a new laptop because honestly, I'd rather be playing Team Fortress Classic or Team Fortress 2.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I dream of the day I could set aside a large amount of time to properly get into WOW :(

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't consider myself a gamer, meaning I rarely play, but I have had the opportunity to play WoW recently and it is oh so enjoyable. It's a blast. I plan to play on a real server when I get back to the states. Currently (in Iraq), I just play with a couple of guys on a private/hacked type thing.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Thanksgiving break is coming up and my friends and are going to have a WoW party... haha! It sounds sad, but it really is fun. And I haven't played WoW in soooooo long... can't wait. :cheers:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I spent one new year's eve on WoW... my character got sooooo wasted!

EDIT:
Oh, by the way... my ex-guild's great promotional video: (Script by me, Zargoth!! :D)[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3huMHfY4Q"]The Old Lordaeron[/YOUTUBE]

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
I have never played WoW in my entire life.....but it looks like fun based on what everyone else says.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I just lvl'd to 75, it takes SOOOO long to level! I heard they were coming out with a new xpac and raising the level cap yet again. I will never get to the top! =(

...back to school work.....

YaeRRoW

Last thing I did in wow was getting pvp gear ss3 full on pala and shaman, then I heard of wotlk and I quit.

Oh yeah I started playing WoW, when Shamans were OP! Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros ftw! Good times. :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i don't "<3" it but we do have a forum guild on earthen ring for anyone who is interested in joining. :)

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
well I just transfered off my server after being there for 2yrs, just had enough of the whole scene. But I have a lvl 80 troll mage, ffb spec. Also have a lvl 80 tauren druid, resto is my main on her. Just gotta switch her to a new server as well....

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
well I just transfered off my server after being there for 2yrs, just had enough of the whole scene. But I have a lvl 80 troll mage, ffb spec. Also have a lvl 80 tauren druid, resto is my main on her. Just gotta switch her to a new server as well....
join us! :yes: