User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: i <3 WoW

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I have a level 53 undead mage and a couple of other low-level blood elf toons (priest, warlock, hunter). The game improves the further I go along. Right now, I'm just trying to get to 55 so I can try out a DK.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This game is pretty horrible in my opinion, but it obviously has a certain appeal seeing as so many people play it. Envy and greed, maybe? There's obviously no depth to WoW, but that's not what anyone plays it for. I play table-top RPGs, which can be incredibly deep and involving. The gaming medium is imagination, which turns a lot of people off for some reason. I think it makes it all the better.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    This game is pretty horrible in my opinion, but it obviously has a certain appeal seeing as so many people play it. Envy and greed, maybe? There's obviously no depth to WoW, but that's not what anyone plays it for. I play table-top RPGs, which can be incredibly deep and involving. The gaming medium is imagination, which turns a lot of people off for some reason. I think it makes it all the better.
    I'd be interested in trying table-tops, but there are social and scheduling logistics that would be difficult to work around. When I'm 'off duty' I'm home all day with no transportation. When I have transportation, the husband and kids are home so I'm on duty. On WoW, I can be at home with no car and play. I can almost always hit LFG and find people to play with if I need them. If not, I can do solo stuff or battlegrounds. There is a decent variety of activities you can do and you don't have to be social if you don't feel like it.

If you really want to get into it, you can learn all the stats, the lore, etc. If you don't, you can just run around doing quests. That makes it something I can do with my kids. I like it especially well because I don't have a lot of interests in common with one of my sons, but he loves video games and this is one I can enjoy playing with him. I am pretty sure it would be a very cold day before he'd play table-top rpgs. He's a bright boy, but the geek genes somehow missed him.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

deleted

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'd be interested in trying table-tops, but there are social and scheduling logistics that would be difficult to work around. When I'm 'off duty' I'm home all day with no transportation. When I have transportation, the husband and kids are home so I'm on duty. On WoW, I can be at home with no car and play. I can almost always hit LFG and find people to play with if I need them. If not, I can do solo stuff or battlegrounds. There is a decent variety of activities you can do and you don't have to be social if you don't feel like it.

If you really want to get into it, you can learn all the stats, the lore, etc. If you don't, you can just run around doing quests. That makes it something I can do with my kids. I like it especially well because I don't have a lot of interests in common with one of my sons, but he loves video games and this is one I can enjoy playing with him. I am pretty sure it would be a very cold day before he'd play table-top rpgs. He's a bright boy, but the geek genes somehow missed him.
    this is a big pro argument I hear about WoW (or similar games). You can do it anytime you feel like it. Table-top RPGs require the social group get together which can be hard to arrange, sadly. Once you do get a solid group going it's usually a great experience (a good GM and cooperative players helps). I feel like these games helped my creativity and writing ability, too. I am partial to this hobby and think it is a constructive way to spend free time.

If you ever do get the chance to play one with a group of people, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    cool

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Yeah! ENFJ's tie INFP's for second! That's crazy.

I play wow. I'm a level 74 human paladin on silvermoon. Yeah, I kick ass. I'm watching episodes of The Guild on my 360 right now. Anyone know what type Felicia Day is? INF?

me

The World of Warcraft Armory
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Me nots gets the stats. What's that "raw results"?

Anyways, I too used to play World of Warcraft.

First time I played it during closed EU beta. I had this dwarven paladin, which I played to level 54 or so. It was the first commercial MMORPG I had played.. I only had experience with Runescape prior to WoW, and WoW was like ten times better. I quit playing when the beta ended.

The second time I started playing the game was more than a year later, when I created my Undead Warlock. I wanted to try Role-Playing, and oh boy... it was fun. I come across some Forsaken-only RP-guild, and decided to join. I was bit nervous, because I had only roleplayed with people I knew beforehand. But it went nicely. I felt comfortable playing with them, and suddenly... I found myself LEADING that RP-guild. And months later I found myself leading the largest Forsaken RP guild on the server (some 120 members). The part I liked the most was the politics. I liked making alliances and wars between guilds, and manipulating people into my will.

And we also had real-life meatings with some of the guild members. They were fun people and we had good time together.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    LoLz

I just restarted my account with a 64 Draenei Priest on Black Dragonflight. It's just the questing seems so long and tedious. I just ordered a new laptop because honestly, I'd rather be playing Team Fortress Classic or Team Fortress 2.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I dream of the day I could set aside a large amount of time to properly get into WOW