User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Have you tried Eternal Sonata? If so what did you think?
    No, I haven't played it. Have you played it, and is it worth checking out?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    No i have not played it, which is why I was hoping perhaps you had. I have not played valkyria chronicles either. As I remember, those are the only 2 RPGs for the PS3 so far. Do you like sandbox games? I didn't care for oblivion, but fallout 3 has been ok/good. Looking into trying/getting: prototype, infamous, and red faction guerilla. Have you played any of those, and if so what were your impressions? I mostly have FPS, and a few 2 person fighter [SF 4] games. I'm really enjoying Endwar, which is a strategy game and am thinking about some future strategy games. Someone gave me MGS 4 but I haven't played it yet. Mu HDD is pretty full so I'll upgrade then s tart some new games. I', still working on my backlog of games. I also really enjoy several PS2 games. [My PS3 is backwards compatible, and I jumped from SNES to PS3]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Have you tried Eternal Sonata? If so what did you think?
    I'd strongly recommend it. Very good gameplay, and a fun story.

Been thinking about getting the slim. If anything it's a BluRay player, and I'd be able to play my friends in some more games because they mostly have PS3s. Despite me telling them not to get them :steam:

MBTI
    ENTP

No i have not played it, which is why I was hoping perhaps you had. I have not played valkyria chronicles either. As I remember, those are the only 2 RPGs for the PS3 so far. Do you like sandbox games? I didn't care for oblivion, but fallout 3 has been ok/good. Looking into trying/getting: prototype, infamous, and red faction guerilla. Have you played any of those, and if so what were your impressions? I mostly have FPS, and a few 2 person fighter [SF 4] games. I'm really enjoying Endwar, which is a strategy game and am thinking about some future strategy games. Someone gave me MGS 4 but I haven't played it yet. Mu HDD is pretty full so I'll upgrade then s tart some new games. I', still working on my backlog of games. I also really enjoy several PS2 games. [My PS3 is backwards compatible, and I jumped from SNES to PS3]
    I haven't played Oblivion or Fallout 3, mostly because I thought Morrowind kinda sucked. If you didn't like Oblivion but liked Fallout 3, then I'll probably give Fallout 3 a chance. I tried Infamous as a rental. It's really fun. I'll probably buy in a couple years once the price drops. I also thought MGS4 was fun and I don't normally like shooting games. Rockband, Bioshock, and Civilization Revolution are three other games that I really enjoy on the PS3. (Civ Revolution is a simplified version of the Civilizatin series which I like because you can finish a game in about two hours. If you prefer a more complex version than Civ 4 on the PC would be better.)

Now let me get onto the more important topic: If you've really skipped from the SNES to PS3 then there a ton of really great games out there to play, especially on the PS2. I'm not exagerating when I say the PS2 has the best library of games of any system on the market right now. It's just that most people have played the games they wanted on the PS2 and now want to move onto something else. Here are a few of my favorites from the PS2, but there are plenty more beyond this:

Final Fantasy X and XII
    Kingdom Hearts I and II
    Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
    Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari
    (There's a compilation of Katamari games with some extra levels coming out on the PS3 next month called Katamari Forever, so it might be better to just get that.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you didn't like Oblivion but liked Fallout 3, then I'll probably give Fallout 3 a chance. I tried Infamous as a rental. It's really fun. I'll probably buy in a couple years once the price drops.

Now let me get onto the more important topic: If you've really skipped from the SNES to PS3 then there a ton of really great games out there to play, especially on the PS2. I'm not exagerating when I say the PS2 has the best library of games of any system on the market right now. It's just that most people have played the games they wanted on the PS2 and now want to move onto something else. Here are a few of my favorites from the PS2, but there are plenty more beyond this:

Final Fantasy X and XII
    Kingdom Hearts I and II
    Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
    Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari
    (There's a compilation of Katamari games with some extra levels coming out on the PS3 next month called Katamari Forever, so it might be better to just get that.)
    I told people that I didn't like oblivion and they told me "don't worry, if you like RPG's you'll probably like fallout 3"

A number of the first new games I bought were PS2's. I own but have not finished FFX, own but have not started FF x-2, and have thought about FF12. Kingdom hearts is well known RPG, but disney-fied or something??? I have the dragon warrior whatever ps2 game.

What are these katamari games?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've played and beat KH1 and 2 and I really enjoyed them. I highly recommend them. Great storyline, awesome soundtrack, and there's just something about Donald Duck kicking ass and Goofy taking names that rocks. Fighting along side Jack Skellington? Epic awesome. It's a little kiddish on a couple parts in 1, but 2 definitely gets more grown and epic. I enjoy the series.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP

Man, I am SEVERELY underwhelmed by the JRPG's this gen. A better question would be- What JRPG's?
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENTP

I told people that I didn't like oblivion and they told me "don't worry, if you like RPG's you'll probably like fallout 3"
    That is good to know.

A number of the first new games I bought were PS2's. I own but have not finished FFX, own but have not started FF x-2, and have thought about FF12. Kingdom hearts is well known RPG, but disney-fied or something??? I have the dragon warrior whatever ps2 game.

What are these katamari games?
    FFX is definitely worth finishing. FFX-2 is a fun game, but I wouldn't put it on the same level as FFX. (It's still a fun game though. ) FF12 is a really good game too. I'd say it's story is not as good as FFX, but the gameplay is better.

Kingdom Hearts is an action RPG that has a similar feel and quality to a Final Fantasy title. The setting for the game takes place in a variety of Disney worlds (Tarzan, Alice in Wonderland, Hercules, etc...). Unless you really loathe Disney to the core I wouldn't see this as a negative at all. The game is extremely fun and is really made for normal gamers even though it might not look that way at first. It also has an all-star cast of voice actors (Haley Joel Osment, Hayden Panettiere, James Woods, etc...).

The Katamari games involve you rolling a ball around and smaller things stick to the ball. The ball gradually grows in size until you can start picking up bigger and bigger things. The object is usually to make the ball as big as possible within a certain time frame. In early stages you pick up things like candy, erasers, and playing cards. In later stages you pick up things like people, cars and buildings. I can't describe to you just how much pure fun this game is. From a pure gameplay perspective I'm not sure if there is a game out there that is more fun than this.

Also if you haven't tried Shadow of the Colossus I would say look into that too. To me the game feels like you stepped into the world via a painting at a museum. (Ico is like this too.) The object is too defeat 16 different giants by climbing on their backs and stabbing different weak spots. The first giant is about 30 feet high. That would be considered a baby compared to the later ones. This is my wife's favorite game, and I can't say I blame her. I don't think another game has affected me on an emotional level the way this on has.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to mention Dragon Quest VIII. That is also a great RPG. You can't go wrong playing that one either.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Shadow of Colossus is so awesome and beautiful and NF perfection that if I were in charge at the heavenly gate- if a person loved that game they would automatically get into heaven,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

A number of the first new games I bought were PS2's. I own but have not finished FFX, own but have not started FF x-2, and have thought about FF12. Kingdom hearts is well known RPG, but disney-fied or something???
    I had the same thoughts when Kingdom hearts first came out but it really is as good as the others say. Give it a try! They are exceptionally well made games.
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...