First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    PS3 Slim is NOT backwards compatible. You also cannot install Linux on it. Other than that, it preserves all other functionality. I'd get one if I didn't hate the controller so much, and didn't have an xbox 360.
    If its not compatible will they continue to sell the original PS3 version with backwards compatibilty or will they drop it as they did the PS2? And if so at what price will the PS3 slim be sold?

And what is with Sony releasing giant systems just to release a slim system a couple years later anyway?
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

All the PS3 needs now are good games that aren't on any other system.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post
    If its not compatible will they continue to sell the original PS3 version with backwards compatibilty or will they drop it as they did the PS2? And if so at what price will the PS3 slim be sold?
    They discontinued selling the PS3's with backward compatability over a year ago. They have made no indication they will ever bring this feature back. A person who wants a backward compatable PS3 will have to buy an older one on Ebay or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    All the PS3 needs now are good games that aren't on any other system.
    This comment is sooooo 2 years ago, lol. I know it's a matter of taste, but I prefer the PS3 exclusives to the 360 ones. I'm not really into shooters though. If you are comparing them to Nintendo, then I agree they easily have the best exclusives (although not much else).
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This comment is sooooo 2 years ago, lol. I know it's a matter of taste, but I prefer the PS3 exclusives to the 360 ones. I'm not really into shooters though. If you are comparing them to Nintendo, then I agree they easily have the best exclusives (although not much else).
    Well, I'll admit that I liked InFamous, though I was underwhelmed by the multifaceted storyline. They could've done a lot more with it, methinks. And of course, Metal Gear Solid 4.

It's not necessarily the quality of the exclusive titles, it's just that there aren't many of them. (Final Fantasy XIII, if it ever gets finished, is also coming for the 360.)

But the PS3 is a more stable system than the 360, and most of the games I get, if given a choice between PS3 and 360, are for the PS3. PC if that's also an option.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Well, I'll admit that I liked InFamous, though I was underwhelmed by the multifaceted storyline. They could've done a lot more with it, methinks. And of course, Metal Gear Solid 4.

It's not necessarily the quality of the exclusive titles, it's just that there aren't many of them. (Final Fantasy XIII, if it ever gets finished, is also coming for the 360.)

But the PS3 is a more stable system than the 360, and most of the games I get, if given a choice between PS3 and 360, are for the PS3. PC if that's also an option.
    I suppose you have a point, but I don't see the 360 having too many exclusives either (especially if you don't count the games that are on both PC and 360). To me the amount of games they have in common far outnumbers the amount that they don't. I can totally understand why someone would pick either one system or the other, since most of the game's you'd want to play are on both systems.

BTW speaking of PS3 exclusives, if you like strategy games I'd highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles. It's my favorite game of this console generation so far. I like the story and art style, but my favorite thing is that it's a new kind of strategy game experience. Most strategy games seem to mimic one of a few established types like Warcraft/Starcraft, Final Fantasy Tactics, Total War, Civilization etc... most strategy games follow a format that is very similar to these few established brands. Valkyria Chronicles is it's own thing, and I like playing new types of games which are well executed. So if you're into strategy games, then it's well worth looking into.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ugh. The backwards thing annoys me, honestly. It's like saying, "Oh, you remembered enjoying that awesome Kingdom Hearts game?? Well, you can buy it AGAIN from us to play it on your shiny new system. Buahahaa.."

I guess I'll just play PS2 and PS3.. =(
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INxJ

But the PS3 is a more stable system than the 360, and most of the games I get, if given a choice between PS3 and 360, are for the PS3.
    Most definitely. 360 can get buggy. I avoid using it if I can get the same game for PS3 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Ugh. The backwards thing annoys me, honestly. It's like saying, "Oh, you remembered enjoying that awesome Kingdom Hearts game?? Well, you can buy it AGAIN from us to play it on your shiny new system. Buahahaa.."

I guess I'll just play PS2 and PS3.. =(
    I agree. I still have a PS2 for older games actually. It's so much clutter to have all those systems. Moar efficiency, I say. lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post

BTW speaking of PS3 exclusives, if you like strategy games I'd highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles. It's my favorite game of this console generation so far. I like the story and art style, but my favorite thing is that it's a new kind of strategy game experience. Most strategy games seem to mimic one of a few established types like Warcraft/Starcraft, Final Fantasy Tactics, Total War, Civilization etc... most strategy games follow a format that is very similar to these few established brands. Valkyria Chronicles is it's own thing, and I like playing new types of games which are well executed. So if you're into strategy games, then it's well worth looking into.
    Have you tried Eternal Sonata? If so what did you think?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Has anyone here updated their PS3 HDD for more memory? I bought one of the originals at 60GB, and well its almost full now. A lot of games seem to take 4-5 GB each. I'm looking at upgrading to a 320GB drive. The HDD replacement process seems straight forward from what I have read online, just make sure to get the right physical size and pin configuration.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I agree. I still have a PS2 for older games actually. It's so much clutter to have all those systems. Moar efficiency, I say. lol
    I'll drink to that!! In december, when I can drink again >.>

I mean, it's no big deal to have two systems, but unplugging and re-plugging, switching over, its just such a shame when it honestly wouldn't take that much more space to configure backwards compatibility.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge