• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Radiohead's New EP?

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
Never heard of Kings of Leon.

In my opinion, Radiohead is too mainstream. I think that they are a little pretentious, and trying really hard to make a statement.

I know a ton of people who listen to Radiohead for the sake of trying to be cool.

That's my opinion.

i havent heard kings of leon anyways and dont feel like i am missing much.

radiohead is only mainstream because they are too talented and original not to be. and unlike 90% of other bands, they actually get better with each album.

people who listen to anything to try to be cool are pathetic and deserve to have the ceilings cave in on them at a hot chip show.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i havent heard kings of leon anyways and dont feel like i am missing much.
You're not. With song titles like "Sex On Fire," you can only be left scratching your head as to why their entire fanbase are 13-year old girls.

radiohead is only mainstream because they are too talented and original not to be. and unlike 90% of other bands, they actually get better with each album.
+ 1

people who listen to anything to try to be cool are pathetic and deserve to have the ceilings cave in on them at a hot chip show.

lol

coldplay is nothing but well-produced adult contemporary.
Good ones! :happy:

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
MASSIVE FUCKING EDIT:
They've cracked code. The media I mean.

Try typing "http://wallofice.com" into your web browser. Just try it.

Seems as if Radiohead will in fact be releasing a new EP on Monday.

I'm fucking ecstatic as a motherfucker.

It turns out some person in Holland registered that domain name today, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Radiohead are not getting better with each album, but I usually am excited about their releases. Hail to the Thief's wasn't particularly warranted, but the Harry Patch tribute song was pretty. Nothing earthshaking, but Radiohead seemed to have matured into a comfortable middle age for a band. Would love to hear a pure blast of Bends-esque blistering pop, though.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
What year are you living in?

Doesn't matter what year it is. A great song is a great song. The Bends is arguably the best album they ever made, although you could make a strong argument for OK Computer. Song-for-song, it's one of the best of the past 20 years.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The Bends is overrated.
I agree. It's actually my least favorite of their albums, disregarding Pablo Honey.

Doesn't matter what year it is.
Uh, yeah it does, considering that Radiohead is pretty much now an electronica/experimental rock band, they'll never go back to the breezy alternative rock of Pablo Honey and The Bends.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think that?

It was good, but I get tired of hearing about that album from fans who want a return to that old guitar rock. Everything they've done since has been far more interesting.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
It was good, but I get tired of hearing about that album from fans who want a return to that old guitar rock. Everything they've done since has been far more interesting.

Interesting does not equal great, though. Pretty much every song on The Bends is great. That's what determines if an album is good or not: a lot of great songs, and few-to-no bad ones.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is exactly how I feel.
MacGuffin, you're my new best friend.

Interesting does not equal great, though. Pretty much every song on The Bends is great. That's what determines if an album is good or not: a lot of great songs, and few-to-no bad ones.
Your saying this from the perspective of a casual listener. To Radiohead fans, what they released post-The Bends has been far more amazing. OK Computer, Kid A, hell, even Hail to the Thief is better than The Bends.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I agree. It's actually my least favorite of their albums, disregarding Pablo Honey.

Uh, yeah it does, considering that Radiohead is pretty much now an electronica/experimental rock band, they'll never go back to the breezy alternative rock of Pablo Honey and The Bends.

Pablo Honey and The Bends are quite different, and it still does not matter which year it is. It will always be the same sounds coming through the speakers. I can listen to music without putting any biases of what has come later into the equation. Look at Black Eyed Peas. They'll never go back to the pre-Fergie pleasant, positive party-rap they used to make. I really wish they would, though, because they are atrocious now. Or Paul McCartney. His crappy solo stuff doesn't make The Beatles less good. Neither does Elliot Smith's great solo stuff make Heatmiser particularly great. I just don't think Radiohead got better post-OK Computer. Kid A was great, Amnesiac less so, Hail to the Thief not great, and In Rainbows a nice rebound.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Your saying this from the perspective of a casual listener. To Radiohead fans, what they released post-The Bends has been far more amazing. OK Computer, Kid A, hell, even Hail to the Thief is better than The Bends.

Don't tell me I am a "casual listener." I was listening to Radiohead before you were in kindergarten, and I have seen them twice. I totally disagree with your assessment. Many people I know would agree with me.