User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 121

  1. #61
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    You may be right about the critics, but most fans of Radiohead I've come across do not consider The Bends to be Radiohead's "masterpiece" as much as they may consider OK Computer or Kid A to be. Enough said, I'm sick of your arguments and your annoying ass avatar =.=

    I never used the word "masterpiece." One of the things I like about The Bends is that is not it is not designed as self-consciously as OK Computer or Kid A are. It's just a collection of great songs. I do have a bit of a problem with the track order, though. "Bones" is probably the weakest song on the album, which is right after "Fake Plastic Trees," which is clearly one of the highlights. It is also a little samey in tempo in the first half. It does make the impact of "Just" that much more when it rolls around, though.

    And you should take a better attitude. Don't be childish when someone disagrees with you.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #62
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I never used the word "masterpiece." One of the things I like about The Bends is that is not it is not designed as self-consciously as OK Computer or Kid A are. It's just a collection of great songs. I do have a bit of a problem with the track order, though. "Bones" is probably the weakest song on the album, which is right after "Fake Plastic Trees," which is clearly one of the highlights. It is also a little samey in tempo in the first half. It does make the impact of "Just" that much more when it rolls around, though.

    And you should take a better attitude. Don't be childish when someone disagrees with you.
    I agree with you there, but you need realize that you completely derailed the topic from WOI speculation to "what Radiohead album is my favorite."

  3. #63
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I agree with you there, but you need realize that you completely derailed the topic from WOI speculation to "what Radiohead album is my favorite."

    You derailed the topic when you made a snide remark about which year I am living in. Why should I let that go?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #64
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You derailed the topic when you made a snide remark about which year I am living in. Why should I let that go?
    I was joking, sorry if you took it the wrong way, but should I really have to put "Hey, just in case you were wondering, that was a joke," in bold text beneath every sarcastic remark I make?

  5. #65
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I was joking, sorry if you took it the wrong way, but should I really have to put "Hey, just in case you were wondering, that was a joke," in bold text beneath every sarcastic remark I make?

    It wasn't very clear. You were pretty obviously a latter-day Radiohead fan, and that bunch can be pretty insufferable about it, no offense. I enjoy a good joke. I was going to include this pic of you when Radiohead showed up and called you a crybaby.


    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #66
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It wasn't very clear. You were pretty obviously a latter-day Radiohead fan, and that bunch can be pretty insufferable about it, no offense. I enjoy a good joke. I was going to include this pic of you when Radiohead showed up and called you a crybaby.


    Latter-day Radiohead fan? Radiohead is my favorite band and I enjoy every single album to the fullest, it's just that out of all of their albums I would say I did not enjoy The Bends too much and find it quite overrated, but that's my personal opinion.

    + That episode of South Park is hilarious, except I don't see Thom?

  7. #67
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Latter-day Radiohead fan? Radiohead is my favorite band and I enjoy every single album to the fullest, it's just that out of all of their albums I would say I did not enjoy The Bends too much and find it quite overrated, but that's my personal opinion.

    + That episode of South Park is hilarious, except I don't see Thom?

    I meant latter-day as in someone who came to the band later and enjoys the 2000s music more.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #68
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I meant latter-day as in someone who came to the band later and enjoys the 2000s music more.
    Well you can't really blame me, I mean, I was only 1-year old when The Bends came out. It's not like I could've crawled to the local record store and listened to the newest Radiohead record at the moment.

  9. #69
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Never heard of Kings of Leon.

    In my opinion, Radiohead is too mainstream. I think that they are a little pretentious, and trying really hard to make a statement.

    I know a ton of people who listen to Radiohead for the sake of trying to be cool.

    That's my opinion.
    Okay, that's completely ridiculous.

    If you think Radiohead is mainstream then you haven't heard them since about 1995.

    Where the hell are you getting that?

    Being pretentious/trying to make a statement is not mainstream. Mainstream means following the big crowd because that's what the most people will like and that will sell the most records, not actively trying to carve out a pretentious niche genre directed toward a relatively small and specific demographic (which Radiohead does.)

    In fact, that's going against the grain for the sake of making an artistic statement, which is the very antithesis of mainstream.


    And btw, the fact that some people lie about liking them just to look cool...how exactly does that relate at all to the quality of their output? That doesn't even remotely make sense.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #70
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    ^Exactly.

Similar Threads

  1. New Radiohead album
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 04:31 AM
  2. Hi, new INFP
    By JivinJeffJones in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 12:16 PM
  3. Hi, I'm new
    By JAVO in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 02:48 PM
  4. New to the Mirror Universe
    By outmywindow in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 02:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO