First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Orange Appled:
    I think I prefer Before Sunset also! And nice list...the ENFJs I've known always have impeccable movie taste (puts me to shame).
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Goddard!
    Oh! A Jean-Luc fan!
    *Dances in the street, happy.*

Initially I've put five his movies to my '15', but I thought it would be.. too mono-thematic. I omitted 'Pierrot les Fou' and 'Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux'.

My favourite quoute by JLC: "The story needs to have a beginning, a middle and an end. Though, not necessarily in that order."

PS You didn't 'bold up' Weekend!
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The end really sums up love -- "we're both idiots and are going to fight alot... and that's okay, it doesn't mean we can't love each other." Wow.

2. Gattaca. It just touches me on a deep level: "I never saved anything for the journey back."

3. Dark City. Just a beautiful ending... we are not what we are designed to be, we can make our own destiny. There is always hope. We are not our destiny, we can choose to be different.

4. The Remains of the Day. Voice your love for others, don't trap yourself. Our cages are self-created.

5. Pan's Labyrinth. Life is more than the obvious. Be true to your values.

6. Solaris. "There are no answers... only choices."

7. The Matrix Revolutions... most of the movie just was poorly handled, but "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo" sticks with me. Accept what is inherently true. Don't fool yourself. Also, in Matrix 1: "There is no spoon." And we are who we choose to be. Our beliefs control reality in terms of who we think we are.

8. Dave. One person can make a difference... even if the world turns against him. It still matters.

9. American Beauty. I identify with so much in this movie, especially the Ricky character.

10. Road to Perdition. Our parents have a large impact on us, so much that sometimes it's hard to judge them. In the end, we just love them -- the good and bad; otherwise we are in essence denying ourselves.

11. The Ring. So evocative, so creepy. So... relentless.

12. The Descent. Some of the effects are cheesy, but being trapped underground is horrific, and it shows what is means to be so caught up in revenge to lose your humanity.

13. Dead Poet's Society. I know what it is like to be Todd Anderson. And i know what it feels like to be Neil Perry. Ugh. One boy summons his courage and chooses to live; the other chooses to be free in the only way he can. Like Todd, I choose to use my voice. I choose to live.

14. King Kong. The scene in the snowy park is just utterly amazing.

15. The Incredibles. "I can't lose you again. I'm not... strong enough."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Top Gun: Helped a young IxTP understand herself

The Secret of NIMH: Always loved the idea of smart, talking mice and some of the rats were just awesome (hence my profile picture)

American History X: Watched it a day before going to the Holocaust Museum. Haunting.

Forrest Gump: Love the way the writers integrated Forrest into a better part of US history.

10 Things I Hate About You: Story of my life.

Save the Last Dance: Story of how I sort of wish my life were.

Juno: It's just fun. And deep. At the same time.

Monty Python and The Holy Grail: Amazing random humor that drove my SJ family mad.

The Princess Bride

Thank You For Smoking: Didn't make me laugh, but it made me think which almost counts for more in my book.

Finding Forrester
    Good Will Hunting
    The Fast and the Furious

Better Off Dead: Just a random movie my friends from high school became obsessed with.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated version): Who couldn't love the Whoville Welcome Christmas song?

MBTI
    INFJ

ohhh..

Trainspotting
    A.I
    Amelie
    I Am Sam
    Big Fish
    Charlottes Web (the old animated version)
    The Lion King
    Requiem For A Dream
    The Magical Adventures of the Fairies and Leprechauns (lol)
    Forrest Gump
    Little Miss Sunshine
    Harry Potter (all)
    Lord of The Rings (all)
    Edward Scissorhands
    Benny & Joon
    The Wedding Singer (lol)
    Girl Interrupted
    Shallow Hal
    The Neverending Story
    Titanic
    Donnie Darko
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Charlie's Angels (lol)
    The Secret Garden

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post

Oh! A Jean-Luc fan!
    *Dances in the street, happy.*
    *Joins you*

Initially I've put five his movies to my '15', but I thought it would be.. too mono-thematic. I omitted 'Pierrot les Fou' and 'Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux'.

I almost made the same mistake but then thought I would be sticking to the criteria of this thread if I only added the first God(d)ard movie I've ever seen, Masculin Feminin. It changed the way I see filmmaking (...forever ).

I've never seen 'Pierrot les Fou' or 'Vivre sa vivre: Film en doux tableaux.' Am I missing out?

My favourite quoute by JLC: "The story needs to have a beginning, a middle and an end. Though, not necessarily in that order."
    Stop it.
    Stop it right now.
    Favorite God(d)ard quote, too.

*Is it Goddard or Godard? I've always seen it Godard, but you are probably right in spelling it Goddard.

PS You didn't 'bold up' Weekend!
    Pardon!
    I have a bad habit of speed reading. It gets me in serious trouble sometimes . Let's just imagine its bolded font, and call it a day.

Do you have an affinity for any other Sixities' French filmmakers?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Not in the order "best" to "worst". Simply fifteen good movies that I just haven't forgotten about, and sometimes watch again.

1. Ivanhoe (1982)
    2. Braveheart
    3. Kelly's Heroes (1970, Clint Eastwood)
    4. Independence Day
    5. Where Eagles Dare
    6. James Bond: Thunderball
    7. James Bond: GoldenEye
    8. Gladiator
    9. The Matrix (Just the first one, the rest sucks)
    10. The Italian Job
    11. Transporter
    12. Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
    13. Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
    14. The Sea Hawk (1940, Erroll Flynn)
    15. Gran Torino

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

*Joins you*

I've never seen 'Pierrot les Fou' or 'Vivre sa vivre: Film en doux tableaux.' Am I missing out?
    Yes. Especially with Pierrot!
    Oh, and I love Masculin, Feminin too!

Stop it.
    Stop it right now.
    Favorite God(d)ard quote, too.

*Is it Goddard or Godard? I've always seen it Godard, but you are probably right in spelling it Goddard.
    No! It's Godard. For some reason (oblivious to me) I keep making this mistake. I think I've read it somewhere first and now it sticks with me... So you were right.

Do you have an affinity for any other Sixities' French filmmakers?
    Oh, don't get me started!

I really like Francois Truffaut - especially Les 'Quatre cents coups' and a bit surrealistic 'Tirez sur le pianiste' (Shoot the pianist). I wonder why he moved to more traditional movies after this one (Though 'Jules et Jim' is still a good one).

Luis Bunuel (every movie!), but out of the ones made in 60's - 'Belle de jour'.

Then there is Alan Resnais with 'L'anne derniere a marienbad' (Last year in Marienbad) with script of one of my favourite writers: Alain Robbe-Grillet.

Chris Mark with his experimental movie 'La Jetee'.

Finally Eric Rohmer - 'Ma nuit chez Maud'. One of the best movies about man-woman relations I've ever seen.

Well, the whole New Wave of French cinema was amazing. Finally someone tried to do something different, instead of making movies as carbon copies of XIX century narrative novel. (I guess Jodorowsky pulled that even further - but that's topic for a new thread or a even a forum maybe ).

Outside of New Wave I also like Jaques Demy with absolutely charming 'Les parapluies de Cherburg'.

Oh, oh, oh! And 'Ascenseur pour l'chafaud' (Lift to the Gallows) by Louis Malle! You can call it my number 16. (L'rite, I know, this one is from 1958 ).

I'm making myself stop now. Enough of cinema, Happyman.
    *hits his hand lurking to the keyboard*
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

MBTI
    INTJ

In no particular order:

1.Bladerunner
    2.Rollerball
    3.The Blues Brothers
    4.The Big Lebowski
    5.Little Big Man
    6.THX1138
    7.12 Angry Men
    8.The Straight Story
    9.Tron
    10.Star Wars
    11.Sleeper
    12.It's a Wonderful Life
    13.The Longest Day
    14.2001 A Space Odyssey
    15.The Matrix

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
    Oh, and I love Masculin, Feminin too!

No! It's Godard. For some reason (oblivious to me) I keep making this mistake. I think I've read it somewhere first and now it sticks with me... So you were right.
    We're a good team, aren't we?

I really like Francois Truffaut - especially Les 'Quatre cents coups' and a bit surrealistic 'Tirez sur le pianiste' (Shoot the pianist). I wonder why he moved to more traditional movies after this one (Though 'Jules et Jim' is still a good one).
    This was the exact filmmaker I was thinking of when I asked.
    ily.

Luis Bunuel (every movie!), but out of the ones made in 60's - 'Belle de jour'.
    I saw this movie about a year ago and still can't get it out of my mind.

Then there is Alan Resnais with 'L'anne derniere a marienbad' (Last year in Marienbad) with script of one of my favourite writers: Alain Robbe-Grillet.

Chris Mark with his experimental movie 'La Jetee'.

Finally Eric Rohmer - 'Ma nuit chez Maud'. One of the best movies about man-woman relations I've ever seen.
    Erm, I've never heard of them
    I'm losing my cred...

Well, the whole New Wave of French cinema was amazing. Finally someone tried to do something different, instead of making movies as carbon copies of XIX century narrative novel. (I guess Jodorowsky pulled that even further - but that's topic for a new thread or a even a forum maybe ).
    Totally.
    I've always been attracted to art that tests convention. Probably because I test convention...sans intention.
    Ah! Start the Jodorowsky thread. NOW!

Outside of New Wave I also like Jaques Demy with absolutely charming 'Les parapluies de Cherburg'.
    Ah! Never heard of him either.
    I have a lot of catching up to do, don't I?

Oh, oh, oh! And 'Ascenseur pour l'chafaud' (Lift to the Gallows) by Louis Malle! You can call it my number 16. (L'rite, I know, this one is from 1958 ).
    I'm making myself stop now. Enough of cinema, Happyman.
    *hits his hand lurking to the keyboard*
    ohmygoodness, you're so cuuute! I get really excited about things I'm interested in, too, but all of my friends are usually like, "zzZZzz... *yawn* ..oh, what were you saying?" when I rant on and on about my favorite films and what they mean to me.

May I ask from where you've learned all of this?
    ...You're very interesting .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

We're a good team, aren't we?
    Sure!

Totally.
    I've always been attracted to art that tests convention. Probably because I test convention...sans intention.
    Ah! Start the Jodorowsky thread. NOW!
    Exactly, there's something exciting in it.
    And... Jodorowsky.. that might have been two people's thread.

Ah! Never heard of him either.
    I have a lot of catching up to do, don't I?
    Catching up is great! It means you have some great movies to see.
    And besides, I probably haven't seen a hundred great movies you did see.

ohmygoodness, you're so cuuute! I get really excited about things I'm interested in, too, but all of my friends are usually like, "zzZZzz... *yawn* ..oh, what were you saying?" when I rant on and on about my favorite films and what they mean to me.
    Thankfully I have couple movie-freaks in my family.

May I ask from where you've learned all of this?
    ...You're very interesting .
    Thanks!
    Hrm.. I remembe when I've seen 'Slackers', being probably around 11 and I've thought: wow, movies can be done differently! I could never be happy with summer-hit movies again.

PS You're great too, you know that, right?
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!