User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sports progress OhJivinOne, they progress!

The wonderful men who invented AFL took the best on offer from rugby and soccer and created this magnificent bastard child called footy. We owe them much!
    I admire your blind loyalty Trin, I really do. You attached to AFL young and you're sticking with it no matter what. Maybe you think you can't do any better, I dunno. So even though no other country on the planet likes AFL and they all know it's no good for you, you're still standing by your sport. I can admire that. A lot of people don't realize how much courage it can take to settle.

But Trinity, I'm speaking here as a friend. You could do so much better. You don't need AFL. AFL needs you. It's slowing you down. It's keeping you from finding a sport which has real prospects. Why would you want to follow a domestic sport when you could follow an international one? A sport which is as much awesomer than AFL as AFL is awesomer than soccer?

Follow rugby union, Trin. Just give it a go. See how you like it.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I admire your blind loyalty Trin, I really do. You attached to AFL young and you're sticking with it no matter what. Maybe you think you can't do any better, I dunno. So even though no other country on the planet likes AFL and they all know it's no good for you, you're still standing by your sport. I can admire that. A lot of people don't realize how much courage it can take to settle.

But Trinity, I'm speaking here as a friend. You could do so much better. You don't need AFL. AFL needs you. It's slowing you down. It's keeping you from finding a sport which has real prospects. Why would you want to follow a domestic sport when you could follow an international one? A sport which is as much awesomer than AFL as AFL is awesomer than soccer?

Follow rugby union, Trin. Just give it a go. See how you like it.
    Accccctually dark one... I grew up passionately hating AFL.

You see Jeff, I was a rugby fan through and through, I was blinded by the game where one man rams his head up the ass of two guys who are simultaneously ramming their heads up the asses of two other guys and a hooker with extra men on either side trying to get in on the action. League was my main passion not union although I did indeed dig on both. My heroes as a wee tacker were men like Langer, Meninga, Harrigan and the Walter’s brothers. I lived and breathed Rugby. I still rank both games well but I have seen the golden light, at 18 I came of age, at 18 I found my way down the glorious path that is true footy fandom and I loved it! One day you can take this same trek Jeff, one day you can see the light, I shall pray that you do

I never really saw much rugby except international union games till I lived in Canberra for a while. League was okay to watch, loved the sound of the hits. I actually saw Joey John's last game as my first game I went to.

AFL is an obsession though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

WOOHOO! Yeah!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

rugbys shit.

carn the dees...............

one day.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by bronson View Post
    rugbys shit.

one day.
    With such a view you deserve to support Melbourne.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

Haha... sorry.

Rugby's okay to play.
    Never really watched it...
    Brought up on AFL in Victoria.

I remember travelling interstate as a kid and wondering at those weird Rugby goals - I just didn't get it.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bronson View Post

one day.
    *pats head*