• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Final Fantasy Thread

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't understand. Do you not play games anymore? :huh:

The newest game I played was Zelda: Wind Waker for the GC in 2005 unless Everquest counts, which I quit playing in 2004. I pretty much just play old games from childhood on emulators.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Final Fantasy XIV for PS3 and PC, yay! I'm not fond of MMORPGS, but I'll definitely try this one as soon as it comes out.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I'm still jonsin' for a PS3 after finding out I can buy 7 on it for $10.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Rumor is that they're going to either announce a price drop or new model for the PS3 this month (or both). Of course that is just a rumor.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Final Fantasy XIV for PS3 and PC, yay! I'm not fond of MMORPGS, but I'll definitely try this one as soon as it comes out.

Heck ya, i had good memories of FFXI. Then i moved to WoW, but woudn't mind going back to vana'diel. I told myself no more MMORPG after WoW, but i'm making an exception for FFXIV. Cause i just love how FFXI pulled you into it's world, you meet interesting people and really have a blast.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Has anyone played Chrono Cross? I'm also considering playing this game for the playstation. Does it have a good "fantasy" vibe without being too anime shittish? I fuggin loved FFIX btw.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Chrono Cross is amazing. All of the characters in the game (~40) have their own accent/ speech pattern, so depending on who is in your party at a given time you get a completely different perspective on what is happening. It has the best soundtrack I've ever heard. YouTube - Chrono Cross - Intro ( English )

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Has anyone played Chrono Cross? I'm also considering playing this game for the playstation. Does it have a good "fantasy" vibe without being too anime shittish? I fuggin loved FFIX btw.

I liked the combat system but the plot was pretty incoherent and the character development weak. The music had some good tracks and some poor tracks. It was (barely) good enough to play through but I've had no urge to play it again.

Clydesdale

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

If you're looking to spend a bit less money, keep in mind, all the PS1 classics on the Playstation Network Store (Including FF7) can be played on PS3 or PSP. Just get yourself a PSP and a memory stick with 2 GB of space or more (or just get a PSP Go), and you'll be all set.

Clydesdale

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'll also join in the heartfelt praise of the Final Fantasy series with all of the fans here.

Most recently, I LOVED Final Fantasy X. The world was so far removed from familiar medieval fantasy or science fiction cliches that I watched it unfold before me with great wonder.

Dissidia Final Fantasy also ate up nearly 100 hours of my time.

I've been playing since Final Fantasy 4 came out as Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES, and I have a countdown clock to FF 13 on my cell phone. :D

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do not know if anyone has posted anything about the highly anticipated FFXIII. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!

I saw the release date trailer on X-Box Live in HD on a 50" LCD and jizzed my pants. A tear came to my eye by the end of it. It's so beautiful. The way they finally revealed the release date...innovative genius. I would so love to work with such creative minds. (Sorry. They only show what I'm talking about on the X-Box Live version, yeah! I'll post it if I can find it, maybe.)

[youtube=2SJPeFNbhOs]Final Fantasy XIII : Official TGS 2009 English Dub Trailer [HD][/youtube]

Edit: Didn't see this. :newwink:
I've been playing since Final Fantasy 4 came out as Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES, and I have a countdown clock to FF 13 on my cell phone. :D
:nice:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Omfg, Chrono Cross is an amazing game. It's definitely worth a pick-up. I saw it for something like $16 on Amazon, I think.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Omfg, Chrono Cross is an amazing game. It's definitely worth a pick-up. I saw it for something like $16 on Amazon, I think.

Chrono Cross made me vomit, I thought it was a sequal to Chrono Trigger...boy was I in for a supprise. It still a good game, but I hoping to play people from Chrono Trigger, not just get a reference :steam:. I didn't like Xenosaga for the same reason.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I strongly reject FFVII however, sorry guys. :thumbdown:

I need my smelling salts!!

I was pretty much already hooked, but the plot twist in FF7 cemented my status as an eternal fan.

The music was stunning--I ended up getting the song sheets so that I could play the music on piano. I started designing my own FF-esque characters as well, but they never come even vaguely close to what the FF team dream up.

Regarding other FF games--the scene with the falling Black Mages in FF9 made me cry and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :D

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
1- Chrono Trigger is the best video game of all time.
2- Chrono Cross is a great game and well worth buying (with the exception they messed up the story in the last few hours and they needed more locales to explore).
3) Final Fantasy IX is amazing for many reasons. Not the least of which is a perfect ending.

Final Fantasy- My third RPG ever after a couple Dragon Warrior games. RPG's have come a LONG way ever since. I got stuck halfway through but managed to beat it.

Final Fantasy V- Not a lot of story but enough, and probably the "hardest" of the ones I've played. And by hard I mean you have to level up a lot or else you will die. Very old school.

Final Fantasy VI- Great game through the first 85%. A classic that must be played. I found the last 15% a bit agonizing. It's like it took a dive off a cliff. And I hated the ending.

Final Fantasy IX- See above.

Final Fantasy X- Very good game and good story, but it just seemed to be incomplete story wise. That isn't to take away from the story, just that there were a lot of unanswered questions. I guess that's why they made X-2.

Final Fantasy XII- I did enjoy it but stopped playing half way through and haven't finished. I just don't have the time to play them like I used to and so I lose interest.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I wish they would make a new final fantasy tactic for one of the console (with the exception of Wii which i don't have).

Clydesdale

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can't imagine we'll have to wait too long for another FF Tactics for the DS. (Or whatever handheld Nintendo is cooking up next with the NVidia Tegra chip contract they've confirmed.)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
The first Final Fantasy Tactics was awesome, but the ones on the GBA and DS were not nearly as good. I would really like to see another one that was more in the vein of the original.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I doubt you'll find another "serious" FFT while they're being made for Nintendo. The market is different. Though I would like to play one!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've only played 7, 9, 10, and 12.

I loved everything about FF7. There was so much going on, yet it wasn't overwhelming. You could really grow attached to the characters. It was great. I'll need to play it again.
I have nothing bad, but nothing intensely good to say about FF9. I think i just found it to be more fun than the others.
FF10 had a lot of positives and negatives for me. Navigating through was an annoying task, in my opinion. The sphere grid added complexity, but was at least interesting. I laughed through a few of the cutscenes where Tidus seemed to have gone on a vacation to Cancun and made sure not to forget to whiten his teeth! I did love the settings and i feel i may have lacked complaints if i didn't have to fight Seymour over and over again. (what a prick)
I barely dove into FF12, but i enjoyed the battle system. I don't mean 'set it and forget it', but i prefer seeing my enemies ha.