• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Final Fantasy Thread

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X, but not that much the rest.

Granted, I came into the scene a bit too late. I was too much into RTS and FPS games during the 6-9 era, so I missed out on playing those ones when they were fresh, and was as a result biased by the time I did get to play them. But still, I did not like any of the final fantasies that came after 10.

A

Anew Leaf

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X, but not that much the rest.

Granted, I came into the scene a bit too late. I was too much into RTS and FPS games during the 6-9 era, so I missed out on playing those ones when they were fresh, and was as a result biased by the time I did get to play them. But still, I did not like any of the final fantasies that came after 10.

I love 10. I LOVE IT. I sobbed at the ending.

I also love the music... the Mt Gagazet theme was glorious.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've played from FF7 to FF10.

FF7 - The best one, hands down. The story was awesome, and the characters were quite interesting. I had A LOT of fun fighting at the Gold Saucer and trying to beat the ''Weapons'' (ruby weapon was neat!). The chocobo side quest was also very interesting. I liked everything about this game - the materia and weapon system, the gold saucer, the characters, the story, etc. I've ''finished'' this game at least 3 times. I say ''finished'' because last time I didn't bother killing the final boss - the fun part was killing the ''Weapons'', Sephiroth is a piece of crap in comparison.

FF8 - Second best, imo, but notice I haven't played FF Tatics. The card game was VERY addicting. Being able to make items out of cards was awesome. The characters were cool, and the story was fairly interesting. The junction system had it's merits, but it had a lot of loopholes. With a little bit of work to draw the required magic, I could have a character with an HP he is supposed to have 50 levels later. I've ''finished'' this game at least 3 times too. Same reasoning. I used to have FF7 and FF8 on PS1 and I also bought them at the PSN Store (they are among the PsOne Classics available for download to the PS3).

FF9- Boring. Got lost while playing CD2 and wasn't interested enough to buy a guide. The card game was pretty messy. Didn't like the characters or the story.

FF10- Really boring. Played about 3 hours and forgot about the CD. I don't remember much about this game...all I remember is the main character was an annoying extrovert that played an exotic sport.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]

how could you find FFX boring? that one was awesome, i'd put it first if i wasn't biased so hard towards FF8.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rasofy

how could you find FFX boring? that one was awesome, i'd put it first if i wasn't biased so hard towards FF8.
To be fair, I don't remember very well. The characters seemed to lack substance overall, and the story didn't get me interested. Maybe everything was too ''happy''? Quite likely, both FF7 and FF8 had set my standards too high.
Did you play FF7, btw?

W

WALMART

To be fair, I don't remember very well. The characters seemed to lack substance, overall, and the story didn't get me interested. Maybe everything was too ''happy''? Quite likely, both FF7 and FF8 have set my standards too high.
Did you play FF7, btw?

lol, 7 and 8 were good indeed. But 10 was awesome, Auron is one of my favorites from the series. It was happy indeed though, comparatively.... never thought about that.

I did play 7, my first exposure to it though was my cousin playing through. It made me buy FF8 when it came out, so FF8 was the first FF I played through on my own. I'd like to say I genuinely like FF8 more than FF7 because of Squall's nature (among other things), but I really think it's simply because it was the first one I played.

Unless you count FF6 for the SNES, though I was way too young to even understand what was happening.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
My life's a final fantasy..

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love 10. I LOVE IT. I sobbed at the ending.

I also love the music... the Mt Gagazet theme was glorious.

Hehe, I finished X2 with the good ending just because I wanted to see it end well (Even though X2 was unbalanced and hell to get through. Lotsa farming before being able to get past those three sister dark aeons.)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
2vdjpqu.jpg

I played them up to 7, and played FF Tactics, and FF Tactics A2

FF IV (II in the US) victory fanfare is one of my favorite iconic tunes of all time.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Played IV, VI-XIII

4-10 were good games, FF6 especially was one of my childhood favorites. FF7 had me literally addicted to all the way until the end. Never finished 9 and didn't care a lot for 8 though to be fair I was totally expecting something like 7 so I know I'm being unfair and didn't give it a chance, and I *LOVED* FF10. 10 stuck with me long after I played it. I actually liked X2, even though it was nothing of the caliber of FFX

11 irritated me, 12 had a great big epic story and I actually liked it but the gameplay was incredibly aggravating and the characters didn't quite rub off on me. I actually liked 13's story but I *HATED* the gameplay. So much of it felt incredibly contrived and put there just to piss me off so I never finished it.

W

WALMART

Played IV, VI-XIII

4-10 were good games, FF6 especially was one of my childhood favorites. FF7 had me literally addicted to all the way until the end. Never finished 9 and didn't care a lot for 8 though to be fair I was totally expecting something like 7 so I know I'm being unfair and didn't give it a chance, and I *LOVED* FF10. 10 stuck with me long after I played it. I actually liked X2, even though it was nothing of the caliber of FFX

11 irritated me, 12 had a great big epic story and I actually liked it but the gameplay was incredibly aggravating and the characters didn't quite rub off on me. I actually liked 13's story but I *HATED* the gameplay. So much of it felt incredibly contrived and put there just to piss me off so I never finished it.

I've often said people didn't like FF8 because it wasn't FF7, lol.

KDude

I thought the FF13 characters were some of the cooler ones, but I haven't actually finished it. The game itself is boring. I have 13-2 (or whatever it's called), but I haven't opened it.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3

From what I heard, Squaresoft was in dire straights when they made the original FF. They were bankrupt, so they decided to just make this game and that would be the end of the company. Surprisingly, it was a big hit and the company survived. That's why the game was called 'Final Fantasy', because it was going to be the last game they would make.

KDude

From what I heard, Squaresoft was in dire straights when they made the original FF. They were bankrupt, so they decided to just make this game and that would be the end of the company. Surprisingly, it was a big hit and the company survived. That's why the game was called 'Final Fantasy', because it was going to be the last game they would make.

That's the video game equivalent of Led Zeppelin (Jimmy Page named it that because he thought they'd crash and burn).

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ

I guess that goes to show that doing something like it will be the last thing you do is more productive than trying to figure out what sells and makes money.

W

WALMART

There's a scene in FF3/6 that parallels a scene in FF8, right before you discover that huge desolate white area is actually a massive city in disguise.

The heroes climb a ladder into a seemingly black hole, that actually leads to ductwork of the city's camouflage system.

Is this true, or am I making things up?