User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I would check Ebay or Amazon for the ones I listed. Final Fantasy VII and VIII are also available for digital download onto a PS3 or PSP at the Playstation Network.
    Cool I'll check them out. I never personally owned a playstation (my brother had one). I've had Nintendo Consoles and the first Xbox.

One of my friends stayed at my house and left his playstation there. I don't know if it's a 2 or 3. Sounds like if it's a 2, I can't DL. Hopefully it's a 3.

MBTI
    EPIC

I know I'm resurrecting a thread, but I didn't want to start a new one just for a video. This is a video I made showing the materia setup I devised to be able to defeat Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon. It is the only one I know of that features the defeat of both Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon in the same video under 10 minutes without any parts cut out.

My favorite FF is FF7, then FF8, then FF9, then FF6. I've played FF1 a little, never played 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, or 13.

[YOUTUBE="ROzfvj3v2VU"]Ruby and Emerald Weapon Massacred by Cloud[/YOUTUBE]

Description:
    Cloud single-handedly defeats both Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon.

No cheats of any kind used
    No KOTR or any other summons
    No Limit Breaks used
    No 7777s
    No Final Attack
    No Revive or Restore or any other magic (including Enemy Skill)
    Hero Drink (medicine) is the only item used (no dazers)

This is the PC version of FF7. I have a custom OpenGL graphics driver, created by Aali, to give it higher resolution and a translucent battle menu.
    Link here: Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v0.7.8b]

I also have seifer's FF7 Retranslation Project version 001 installed. It retranslates things to make it accurate to the Japanese version.
    Link here: [WIP] FFVII Retranslation Project

None of these mods change the gameplay or difficulty in any way. Cloud, Ruby Weapon, and Emerald Weapon are exactly the same as the PSX and unmodified PC version.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Idec Sdawkminn,

Very cool video. It's been quite a few years since I've fought the Ruby and Emerald Weapons, so let me see if I understand the video properly. (Also I'm used to the PS1 version.)

First you take a lot of Hero Medicine. (Does that boost Strength?) Then it looks like you have counterattacking materia with materia that heals you when you do damage. Also you use Enemy Skill materia to do "4x cut". Is that your basic strategy?

Also let me say that I'm impressed you could defeat the Emerald Weapon in just a few minutes using only Cloud. I would have thought you'd need three characters regardless of what strategy you used. Thanks for sharing your video.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Hah, the Mimic/Command Counter overload tactic. So game-breaking.

I didn't learn about that trick until about 10 years after the game was original released.

Been a huge fan of this franchise for a long time now, but I'll wait until some more discussion starts up in this thread again before I start going into any indepth detail on that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    EPIC

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Idec Sdawkminn,

Very cool video. It's been quite a few years since I've fought the Ruby and Emerald Weapons, so let me see if I understand the video properly. (Also I'm used to the PS1 version.)

First you take a lot of Hero Medicine. (Does that boost Strength?) Then it looks like you have counterattacking materia with materia that heals you when you do damage. Also you use Enemy Skill materia to do "4x cut". Is that your basic strategy?

Also let me say that I'm impressed you could defeat the Emerald Weapon in just a few minutes using only Cloud. I would have thought you'd need three characters regardless of what strategy you used. Thanks for sharing your video.
    Hero Medicine boosts all stats, but only for that battle. It doesn't effect the Emerald Weapon one. I do it because Ruby Weapon's defense is so high that normally my hits would do in the 1,000-2,000 range.

I have Command Counter with Mimic a bunch and 4x Cut is a Command Materia. However, HP Absorb doesn't work with Command Materia that replaces the normal Attack command, so I have to link it with Master Command to achieve the effect.

Having the other characters doesn't make the battle any faster, oddly enough. It actually makes it slow since Emerald Weapon will do Emerald Beam and make his eyes appear sooner and those take longer to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    Hah, the Mimic/Command Counter overload tactic. So game-breaking.

I didn't learn about that trick until about 10 years after the game was original released.

Been a huge fan of this franchise for a long time now, but I'll wait until some more discussion starts up in this thread again before I start going into any indepth detail on that.
    Yeah, but at least I don't use Limit Breaks or KOTR. That's how most people use Mimic/Command Counter.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Otherwise the video would have been 20 minutes longer, right? Hahaha!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Im actually playing Final Fantasy 12, my first Final Fantasy game, on my recently bought 2nd hand PS2.

Im finding it a little dull.

Does it get better as it goes on? I have very much enjoyed other RPGs such as Skies of Arcadia in the past.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Im actually playing Final Fantasy 12, my first Final Fantasy game, on my recently bought 2nd hand PS2.

Im finding it a little dull.

Does it get better as it goes on? I have very much enjoyed other RPGs such as Skies of Arcadia in the past.
    Depends. If you're really into playing rpgs for story, then you will find the game to be lackluster. However, if you can appreciate the gameplay elements as much/more than story elements, you'll find FF12 to be top notch. What it lacks in story it makes up for in gameplay, and the overall vibe and style of it all grows on you with time. I think it was harder for me to warm up to it at first because of the previous style of FF games I'd become accustomed to. But eventually I grew to like it so much that I played through it twice. The weapons, battle mechanics, and environments really draw you into the game. The music isn't much though.

MBTI
    EPIC

@Risen
    Love the YYH avatar.

Music listening habits

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I love ff10, ff10-2 ^^

playing 6 and 12 at the moment.
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.