First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    The first Final Fantasy Tactics was awesome, but the ones on the GBA and DS were not nearly as good. I would really like to see another one that was more in the vein of the original.
    Totally agreed.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I doubt you'll find another "serious" FFT while they're being made for Nintendo. The market is different. Though I would like to play one!
    This decision has nothing to do with Nintendo and everything to do with Square-Enix. The Advance War series have what I would call "serious" tactics games, and they do fairly well. I would like to see Square-Enix try a more serious tactics game on the DS. I think it would do about as well as an Advance Wars game.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

deleted

I like Final Fantasy, but like all popular stories, I hate when it gets taken out of context, the fanboys/girls and such overhype about it. Yeww...

I love Nobuo Uematsu.

Banned

[YOUTUBE="a2vpqd9gKXk"]Man with the Machine Gun[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 12-26-2009 at 05:13 AM.

MBTI
    INFP

Final Fantasy VIII. Oh man.

I really, really loved the game. I was totally in love with the storyline.

However, the story got terribly rushed after the defeat of Edea. I think that's what really messed me up and made me kind of lose interest in the game. Adel intrigued me, but it was like a blink in the game. No real elaboration. Ultimecia seemed kind of contrived. I'm never too thrilled when the REAL bad guy is suddenly pulled out of no where halfway through the game.

The time loop though with Rinoa/Squall and Ultimecia/Griever was pretty curious though. I enjoyed the flash back scenes. I really liked the whole potential/chance relationships or the idea of "fate" in the game.

Wasn't too big on the fighting or junction system. I think I didn't like that characters wern't inherently different from each other on the stats bars. It all seemed dependent on which GF was junction to which character rather than one character naturally having crazy luck or magic stats.

I've played other FFs, but this seems enough for right now.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I like Final Fantasy, but like all popular stories, I hate when it gets taken out of context, the fanboys/girls and such overhype about it. Yeww...
    This is also what i used to think about the franchise untill that fateful day in the 7th grade when I took the risk and put down the $50 for FFX and instantly fell in love.

From the unreal CG cutscenes, to the outstanding story line / characters (not a huge Wakka fan though lol), to the just overall quality of the game, FFX seemed way ahead of it's time and really got me hooked on Final Fantasy in general.

Now that im currently waiting for FFXIII to come out like the rest of you, and was unfortunately the victim of an Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death attack, i've busted out the ol' ps2 from retirement and am replaying FFX.

It's amazing how well it's aged.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I went on a FF scrounge a week ago because I heard that FFXIII was coming out for Xbox 360 and got all exited and reminiscent . First FF I played was 8, which was so long ago, and I can still remember a bit of it (it confused and intrigued me that such games existed) then I saw FFX and loved that you could summon fucking huge monsters and kick ass. I conquered that game, but I couldn't beat Penance... it was the most addictive game I ever played.

I found FFIV on the DS which I had attempted to play many times but only made it to the first boss and died... I kinda didn't know how to save, lol. I figured it out and then got bored...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

FF7 made my childhood. Seriously. I've played all the others too cept for 9. But 7 was just....awesome. My hair even looks like Cloud's (when I wake up in the morning). I look like a Goddamned chocobo.
    I'm about as much use as a one legged man at an ass kicking competition.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I've been playing Crisis Core: VII on my psp.
    Is Crisis Core any good? I heard there is a gambling aspect to the battle system that some people do not enjoy. I enjoyed FF VI and FFVII and recently really enjoyed FFXII.

Although I'm too tired to do a mega-post on FF games, I will say that my sister generally does not play videogames (she does like Super Mario Bros. though ) but she totally rocked FFVI and could not stop playing until she beat it. I am sure it's the only game she's ever beat, and the game she's played the most. (She did play Super Street Fighter II CE a bit too.)
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Is Crisis Core any good? I heard there is a gambling aspect to the battle system that some people do not enjoy. I enjoyed FF VI and FFVII and recently really enjoyed FFXII.
    I really liked Crisis Core. I think anyone who is a big fan of FFVII will like it. I thought the story was well done, and I liked how the materia system was done too. Leveling up is somewhat random, but generally the more you fight, the more you'll level up. I normally don't watch my xp gauge too closely when I level in any game, so the random leveling up didn't bother me. For someone who is counting every experience point it may be a frustrating system.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com