User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 117

  1. #31
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I love FFT. I think I've played through it three times, and I went through all of the optional content at least once. However you have taken game completion into a new kind of art form. It's an awesome game.
    Yeah after I got literally everything three times it got kinda bleh. But man did I enjoy that game. If you can believe it I had more time invested in FFT than I did in World of Warcraft when I quit. I actually booted up my PS1 and did /played on all of my characters on WoW and WoW paled in comparison... lol. But yeah. Calculators were REALLY overpowered. But fun.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  2. #32
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Chronotrigger is on my (growing) list of games that I intend to play sometime in the future. I've heard it's awesome, but never gotten around to playing it.
    Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite game of all time. I replay it every so often out of nostalgia. I hear people who like CT also like FF6 which is why I want to try it like I said earlier.

  3. #33
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite game of all time. I replay it every so often out of nostalgia. I hear people who like CT also like FF6 which is why I want to try it like I said earlier.
    I just finished FF6 for the first time a few months ago. I thought it was a really fun game, but I did find it somewhat slow in the beginning. At this point the old sprite based graphics did grate on me some, but overall in spite of the graphics I though it was an exceptional game.

    Square has been coming remaking a lot of the older Final Fantasies with 3D graphics on the DS. If you really can't stand sprites, you could wait and see if they remake 6 in 3D. There's no guarantee they'll do it though, and like I said I think the game gets better as you progress further into it. You might just see if you plow your way through it now.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Has anyone played Dissidia Final Fantasy yet? That and the coming Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep are making me seriously consider buying a cheap craigslist psp to curb this damn video game drought.

  5. #35
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    I've played almost every FF all the way through. Here are my short reviews of them all.

    FF1: The start of it all. You have to play it out of respect for what it's done for the entire face of gaming today. The story is okay, but I like the whole death/rebirth cycle that it introduced.

    FF2: This game had a pretty interesting story, actually, and it's pretty easy to get into it. The only problem was that leveling up was ridiculously difficult and was really only best done by "cheating" the system. Props for innovation.

    FF3: DAMN! This game was GOOD! It pushed the limits of the Famicom to the max. It truly introduced the job system to Final Fantasy, and Light and Dark must join together to defeat the void. Very good game, it's deceptively easy up until the very last dungeon, which is much more difficult than the rest of the game.

    FF4: To be honest, I have no idea why this game is revered as much as it is. The story is a lot like Star Wars, and pretty much EVERY character "dies" but they really don't. It's really fucking annoying.

    FF5: Ahaha, evil trees be destroyin' the world, yo'. This game had an AMAZING battle system and innovative job system for its time, but its story was pretty cookie-cutterish and predictable.

    FF6: FF6 is really enjoyable and has a very interesting story, but the thing that I disliked about it was how you have to gather characters at a certain point in the game. Many seemed almost completely extraneous. Also: if you don't know what you're doing with Shadow...fuck that shit.

    FF7: To me, this game is the pinnacle of success. Final Fantasy VII is what brought RPG's truly in the limelight. It had an amazing story, memorable characters, and it really captured the "feel" of being confused and not knowing what to do which parallels reality. I think that's what it comes down to. FFVII was able to make people connect on a deep emotional level because it presented reality through its characters so vividly. I'll agree that it's overhyped, but it's overhyped for a reason.

    FF8: Final Fantasy 8 had a really fun battling system (although part of the junction system made it a detriment to use magic, but whatever...that's another story for another time.) I thought the story was pretty good until the third disc or so, if I remember correctly. REALLY good soundtrack and addicting card game.

    FF9: This is the only one (barring 11) of the main FF series I haven't completed for some reason. (I would always just get to the second continent and stop, nfc why.) Now my discs aren't good enough to use anymore, and I don't own a playstation. So I can't play it, but I'll get through it one of these days. It has an AMAZING soundtrack (Frontier Village Dali, anyone?)

    FF10: This game was REALLY good. I replayed it recently to see where the hell it went wrong because I was pissed off after I beat it the first time. Up until the major "plot twist" (which really came out of left field, if they left it out, the game would still have been really amazing, better imo.) It had a fun battle system, a good story, (decent) voice actors, and memorable characters.

    FF12: This game had a fun battle system, but the story wasn't very good. The game was just way too linear for my tastes, and the only real side quest you could do were collecting summons and fighting bounties, which just took too long in general and weren't that rewarding. (Gilgamesh was full of nostalgic win though.) The grinding of some bounties were just ridiculous.

    FFTactics: Amazing game, #2 in the series to me. Taking from Tactics Ogre's battle system, FFT sported an amazing job class system and story line. After you got into the game, it was extremely hard to put it down (unless if you kept fucking up a battle and became frustrated.) I made it all the way to Gafgarion in chapter 2 before I learned how to change classes. It has a pretty steep learning curve at first, but the amazingness this game brings is worth it. Truly an amazing game everyone should pick up some time.

    FFMystic Quest: Ahahaha, yes, I've played FFMQ. It's pretty terrible, isn't anything like a FF game, and the battle system sucks, but it has a place in my heart for the nostalgia it induces to me.

    Ranked:
    FFVII
    FFT
    FFVI
    FFX/FFIII
    FFV
    FFXII
    FFVIII
    FFI
    FFII
    FFMQ
    FFIV
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  6. #36
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I just finished FF6 for the first time a few months ago. I thought it was a really fun game, but I did find it somewhat slow in the beginning. At this point the old sprite based graphics did grate on me some, but overall in spite of the graphics I though it was an exceptional game.

    Square has been coming remaking a lot of the older Final Fantasies with 3D graphics on the DS. If you really can't stand sprites, you could wait and see if they remake 6 in 3D. There's no guarantee they'll do it though, and like I said I think the game gets better as you progress further into it. You might just see if you plow your way through it now.
    I don't mind the old graphics, can't really imagine spending money on games anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    It has an AMAZING soundtrack (Frontier Village Dali, anyone?)
    This? I haven't played FF9 myself, but I love RPG soundtracks.

    [YOUTUBE="KPyNbti2eCw"]Village of Dali (Original)[/YOUTUBE]

    [YOUTUBE="-FiH5NxeObQ"]Village of Dali (Piano)[/YOUTUBE]

  7. #37
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Yeah dude, you can't go wrong with that song. It's so relaxing. I'm reluctant to hit quick reply and interrupt its playing right now to be honest.

    Time to play it on Winamp. B^)
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  8. #38
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Has anyone played Dissidia Final Fantasy yet? That and the coming Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep are making me seriously consider buying a cheap craigslist psp to curb this damn video game drought.
    I plan on getting Dissidia sometime next month. If you do get a PSP let me just add that you should get Crisis Core:FFVII. It's not as good as the original game, but it's still very fun and one of the best games on the PSP. Also I want to add that I enjoy the good games on the PSP more than I enjoy the good games on the DS. It's just that there are so few good games on the PSP that it's pretty easy to run out of games to play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I don't mind the old graphics, can't really imagine spending money on games anymore.
    I don't understand. Do you not play games anymore? Well if you have access to a PS1, PS2 or PS3 and the PS1 version of FF6 then I'd recommend playing it. If the graphics don't bother you then I think you'll enjoy it a lot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    FFTactics: Amazing game, #2 in the series to me. Taking from Tactics Ogre's battle system, FFT sported an amazing job class system and story line. After you got into the game, it was extremely hard to put it down (unless if you kept fucking up a battle and became frustrated.) I made it all the way to Gafgarion in chapter 2 before I learned how to change classes. It has a pretty steep learning curve at first, but the amazingness this game brings is worth it. Truly an amazing game everyone should pick up some time.
    It's nice to meet another big Final Fantasy enthusiast. I think the fact that VII and Tactics were released just a year apart from each other really made people fall in love with the series. Those two games are a serious one-two punch that is hard to resist.

    Tell me have you played Tactics Ogre? That is one game that I'm tempted to buy, but the price is always so high. If you've played it, is it worth the buy? Would you rank it higher, lower or about the same as FFT?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  9. #39
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was an AMAZING game, even moreso than FFT because it's a bit less linear, and depending on the protagonist's actions, the story would change (eight possible endings.) The job and the battle system will seem a bit more basic compared to FFT, but it's still a really solid game (and difficult too.) Then again, Tactics Ogre originally was produced on the Super Famicom and was ported over to the playstation later.

    I would say the game is definitely worth playing, but I don't believe in spending over $100 dollars for it...which is what it's likely to cost. I'd say emulate it.

    Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis was also really fun for the GBA; much better than Tactics Advance imo.

    EDIT: Just check out the reviews for the game Tactics Ogre Reviews for PlayStation - GameFAQs
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  10. #40
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was an AMAZING game, even moreso than FFT because it's a bit less linear, and depending on the protagonist's actions, the story would change (eight possible endings.) The job and the battle system will seem a bit more basic compared to FFT, but it's still a really solid game (and difficult too.) Then again, Tactics Ogre originally was produced on the Super Famicom and was ported over to the playstation later.

    I would say the game is definitely worth playing, but I don't believe in spending over $100 dollars for it...which is what it's likely to cost. I'd say emulate it.

    Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis was also really fun for the GBA; much better than Tactics Advance imo.

    EDIT: Just check out the reviews for the game Tactics Ogre Reviews for PlayStation - GameFAQs
    Thanks for the feedback. I definitely have to play this game sometime. (*gets out huge list of games to play and puts Tactics Ogre on it.*) I don't think I could do the pirating thing though. This is partly because of principals and partly because I like to pervertedly fondle the CD case and instruction manual. ("You have arrived from Amazon my preciousssss." ) Really fun but obscure games are my favorites, so this game comes to my mind a lot.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Similar Threads

  1. The Final Fantasy VII Thread
    By Blank in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 01:50 AM
  2. The lame jokes thread
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 03:29 AM
  3. The Entertain Niffer Thread
    By niffer in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO