User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Never understood why sepheroth was so popular. I mean Magus from chrono trigger was 10x more badass than sepheroth ever was and he joins your frigging party. The good ol 16 bit days of the SNES, good times.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Do I really need to note a spoiler warning on a 14ish year old video game?

I'll take the insane clown that destroys the world (and killed Captain Leo, that bastard!) over Sephiroth. Still, Sephiroth was certainly a pretty well developed villian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Haha, i remember that. It's General Leo, kefka killed him when Leo found out that he poisoned the well to kill the enemy. Plus not to mention the first overpower combo in an rpg was offering/genji glove combo with 2 atma weapon.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Final Fantasy VI was the first (and one of the only) game(s) to make me cry.

I loved the juxtaposition of the crazy anarchy of Kefka with the pathos and dramatic development of the cool protagonists.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

^ For me, Final Fantasy VII probably has the most emotionally impacting scene in a video game. You know the one I'm talking about. Not only was the character a good one, but she was also the only true magic user in the bunch. Powerful from a plot standpoint, and it really affected my gameplay strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Haha, i remember that. It's General Leo, kefka killed him when Leo found out that he poisoned the well to kill the enemy.
    GENERAL. Crap. Such a terrible disservice to one of the most noble characters ever to hit a video game.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I didn't get on board until way late in the series, but I thoroughly enjoyed 10. FF: Crystal Chronicles was also quite fun, though not nearly as emotionally deep as FFX. I also liked 12, and while I enjoyed the story and the complexity of it, I didn't feel as emotionally invested in it as I did with 10. I also think the music in 12 was utter crap, especially when they had only just previously whipped out that amazing orchestrated stuff in 10. However, the characters were very fun in both games.

My party:

FFX: Lulu, Auron, Yuna (when played from the very start, ignoring all the others, this leads to an extremely powerful team capable of ridiculous amounts of damage in the endgame).

FFXII: Balthier, Fran, Bosch. (I totally loved Balthier's character...I mean, who can't love a musket-wielding thief with a puffy shirt and a charming, witty, debonair attitude.)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I've rejected every FF game after part V.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have to say I'm with everyone on 7 being my favorite.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    y u no liek ffvi?

I strongly reject FFVII however, sorry guys.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomecakes View Post
    I have played and collect all of the FF games.

FFVI started it all for me. <3 that game to death.
    Shadow, Locke, Terra and Kefka rock. My text ringtone is Kefka's laugh. Slight obsession? Perhaps. As a result I adore anything FF on youtube.

Final Fantasy College Saga
    Wow I feel like I've found a kindred spirit here. I just really love Final Fantasy. At this point some of their spinoff stuff is kinda so-so, but I still have to give it a try, because I'm completely hooked. (Here's a tip for everyone: Revenant Wings = meh, while Kingdom Hearts series is teh pwn!!!)

It took me a while to get through that link, but I have to say that it is hilariouly awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6NIVvqMxZo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Echanne ls%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2Fshow%2F132%2FYouTube%2DTag%2Dro bot%2Dchicken%2Dadultswim&feature=player_embedded"]Robot Chicken FFVII Spoof [/YOUTUBE]
    This robot chicken sketch made me LMAO! Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    But final fantasy tactics (the original for the PS1)... don't get me started on that. I probably invested 700 hours into that game. I beat the game three times, had 3 totally maxed files (had everything), yeah. Just playing random battles was fun. I had everyone learn every kind of magic, then made everyone have the secondary job of Calculator, it was beastly.
    I love FFT. I think I've played through it three times, and I went through all of the optional content at least once. However you have taken game completion into a new kind of art form. It's an awesome game.

For some reason I just didn't get the same feeling from FFT Advance (or Advance2). I'm not exactly sure what it's missing, but it just can't touch the original FFT.

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Never understood why sepheroth was so popular. I mean Magus from chrono trigger was 10x more badass than sepheroth ever was and he joins your frigging party. The good ol 16 bit days of the SNES, good times.
    Chronotrigger is on my (growing) list of games that I intend to play sometime in the future. I've heard it's awesome, but never gotten around to playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No comprendo. Tu hablas ingles?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com