User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTx

I missed out on a bunch of these as they were released, but I loved 6 and 7, disliked 8, was kinda meh on 9, and liked 10.

I have a difficult time actually writing out what I like or dislike about an RPG, because what I value most is a sense of immersion, but that's such a vague feeling. 6 and 7 had a nice strong buildup, character development, and a storyline I cared about. Kefka/Seph had a strong and early showing, their appearances emotionally charged. The esper/materia systems were simplistic and very integrated with the story. The story was mostly serious but took ample oppritunities to poke fun at itself.

8 felt jumbled up and I had little empathy for what was going on... I didn't care about emo Squall or his little band of supermercenaries or whatever the final boss was doing (I don't even remember). It was too serious. 9 took out a lot of the bad bits in 8 but didn't replace it with good stuff so it was pretty bland. 10... had a hint of a mystery about it that I felt interested enough in figuring out. I didn't care about most of the world, or the people, but that starting hook carried me through just to see how it all turned out.

FFT has to be the final fantasy game that drew me in the most. The character development was immense and the plot was surprisingly deep with politics and religion and aspects of the caste system. The job system was fun and encouraged experementation. FFTA disappointed me greatly though I understand that the market was different.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Oh my gosh, I googled Sephiroth Hello Kitty and it actually came up with an image!
    LOLOL
    Two awesome tastes that taste awesome together!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love the person who read my mind and drew this!
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

7 is also my favorite, and I loved the music in it so much. I love 10, but I really hate it at the same time. But it's my #2 after 7. I won't touch 12 again. Hated it. 4 was pretty damn great at the time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm playing through XII right now. I've never beat before so we'll see how far I get before I get tired of it.

I've actually never beat IX either....

EDIT: but I've played through VII at least 5 times.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6NIVvqMxZo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Echanne ls%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2Fshow%2F132%2FYouTube%2DTag%2Dro bot%2Dchicken%2Dadultswim&feature=player_embedded"]Robot Chicken FFVII Spoof [/YOUTUBE]
    Lmao. That is AWESOME.

As for me, I really liked FFVII, FFIX, and FFT. FFVII was good, but I didn't really feel like completing anything other than the main story (I didn't want to grind to beat the weapons etc). FFIX compelled me a lot more, I really liked the characters and the story. I got my main party up to level 99, got every secret weapon, I did everything. I beat Ozma, I really liked it.

But final fantasy tactics (the original for the PS1)... don't get me started on that. I probably invested 700 hours into that game. I beat the game three times, had 3 totally maxed files (had everything), yeah. Just playing random battles was fun. I had everyone learn every kind of magic, then made everyone have the secondary job of Calculator, it was beastly.

As for the other ones, I really disliked VIII, and I couldn't really get into VI or any of the ones before that.

My party in the games-

FFVII- Cloud, RedXIII, Cait Sith (I'm sure you could tell I liked cats!)
    FFIX- Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Quinna
    FFT- Lancer + Calc, Ninja + Calc, Main character's default job that kicked ass (I had ultima) + Calc, Orlandu's default job + Calc, and Beowulf's default job + Calc. Man I kicked ass. Lol.

And as for FFX, it was mediocre for me. I remember I used Yuna and Wakka along with the main character.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    8 felt jumbled up and I had little empathy for what was going on... I didn't care about emo Squall or his little band of supermercenaries or whatever the final boss was doing (I don't even remember).
    I think with the exception of Terra in VI I always like the supporting cast better than the lead(s).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

My party in the games--

FFVII- Cloud, RedXIII, Cait Sith (I'm sure you could tell I liked cats!)
    FFIX- Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Quinna
    FFT- Lancer + Calc, Ninja + Calc, Main character's default job that kicked ass (I had ultima) + Calc, Orlandu's default job + Calc, and Beowulf's default job + Calc. Man I kicked ass. Lol.
    Man, it was all about the Cloud, Red XIII, Yuffie trifecta of doom for me. Also, Red XIII is probably the most clutch video game character ever conceived off.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP

I have tried to go through Final Fantasy VI for the SNES a couple times because I never did when it was a new game, but so far I get bored. I think it's because I play old RPG's out of nostalgia and FF6 isn't a part of it for me. Keep trying to play Majora's Mask and the result is the same.

MBTI
    INxJ

I've been playing Crisis Core: VII on my psp.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

The best final fantasy will always be FFIII/FFVI. The only game in the series that had the right atmosphere as well as an awesome battle system (FFVII materia system was also great, but FFIII/FFVI was the first). Not to mention 14/15 characters, each with an awesome backstory.

FFXI was good too...if you like to push one button for 3 hours while waiting for a mob that 3 other linkshell was also waiting for. Not to mention the rediculous lantency difference between japanese and american server. But when you do get the rare mob, and beat it. It's one of the most satisfying Final Fantasy till the next time you have to spam one button to get the next rare mob. Oh story was good too, oh and 6+ hours boss fight if your into those things. Not to mention Linkshell drama, that never gets old lol.

Other final fantasy was certainly good too, but in a "i beat it, it was good...time to beat the next RPG" kind of way. In another words, good but forgetable.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

My favorite is FFVI. The first hour of the game was cinematic in a way I've never experienced before, especially with Uematsu's music simply blowing me away. In fact, one of my dreams is to someday be good enough to play this on piano.

After that, I'd have to go with FFIV as it was the first one I played. Final Fantasy VII was the most enjoyable overall, and while I loved the story to FFVIII the gameplay was tedious.

Sadly, I haven't played any of the FF's since VIII. And I never finished V.