User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Played IV, VI-XIII

4-10 were good games, FF6 especially was one of my childhood favorites. FF7 had me literally addicted to all the way until the end. Never finished 9 and didn't care a lot for 8 though to be fair I was totally expecting something like 7 so I know I'm being unfair and didn't give it a chance, and I *LOVED* FF10. 10 stuck with me long after I played it. I actually liked X2, even though it was nothing of the caliber of FFX

11 irritated me, 12 had a great big epic story and I actually liked it but the gameplay was incredibly aggravating and the characters didn't quite rub off on me. I actually liked 13's story but I *HATED* the gameplay. So much of it felt incredibly contrived and put there just to piss me off so I never finished it.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Played IV, VI-XIII

4-10 were good games, FF6 especially was one of my childhood favorites. FF7 had me literally addicted to all the way until the end. Never finished 9 and didn't care a lot for 8 though to be fair I was totally expecting something like 7 so I know I'm being unfair and didn't give it a chance, and I *LOVED* FF10. 10 stuck with me long after I played it. I actually liked X2, even though it was nothing of the caliber of FFX

11 irritated me, 12 had a great big epic story and I actually liked it but the gameplay was incredibly aggravating and the characters didn't quite rub off on me. I actually liked 13's story but I *HATED* the gameplay. So much of it felt incredibly contrived and put there just to piss me off so I never finished it.

I've often said people didn't like FF8 because it wasn't FF7, lol.

I thought the FF13 characters were some of the cooler ones, but I haven't actually finished it. The game itself is boring. I have 13-2 (or whatever it's called), but I haven't opened it.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    From what I heard, Squaresoft was in dire straights when they made the original FF. They were bankrupt, so they decided to just make this game and that would be the end of the company. Surprisingly, it was a big hit and the company survived. That's why the game was called 'Final Fantasy', because it was going to be the last game they would make.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    From what I heard, Squaresoft was in dire straights when they made the original FF. They were bankrupt, so they decided to just make this game and that would be the end of the company. Surprisingly, it was a big hit and the company survived. That's why the game was called 'Final Fantasy', because it was going to be the last game they would make.
    That's the video game equivalent of Led Zeppelin (Jimmy Page named it that because he thought they'd crash and burn).

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I guess that goes to show that doing something like it will be the last thing you do is more productive than trying to figure out what sells and makes money.

WALMART

There's a scene in FF3/6 that parallels a scene in FF8, right before you discover that huge desolate white area is actually a massive city in disguise.

The heroes climb a ladder into a seemingly black hole, that actually leads to ductwork of the city's camouflage system.

Is this true, or am I making things up?