User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X, but not that much the rest.

Granted, I came into the scene a bit too late. I was too much into RTS and FPS games during the 6-9 era, so I missed out on playing those ones when they were fresh, and was as a result biased by the time I did get to play them. But still, I did not like any of the final fantasies that came after 10.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X, but not that much the rest.

Granted, I came into the scene a bit too late. I was too much into RTS and FPS games during the 6-9 era, so I missed out on playing those ones when they were fresh, and was as a result biased by the time I did get to play them. But still, I did not like any of the final fantasies that came after 10.
    I love 10. I LOVE IT. I sobbed at the ending.

I also love the music... the Mt Gagazet theme was glorious.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've played from FF7 to FF10.

FF7 - The best one, hands down. The story was awesome, and the characters were quite interesting. I had A LOT of fun fighting at the Gold Saucer and trying to beat the ''Weapons'' (ruby weapon was neat!). The chocobo side quest was also very interesting. I liked everything about this game - the materia and weapon system, the gold saucer, the characters, the story, etc. I've ''finished'' this game at least 3 times. I say ''finished'' because last time I didn't bother killing the final boss - the fun part was killing the ''Weapons'', Sephiroth is a piece of crap in comparison.

FF8 - Second best, imo, but notice I haven't played FF Tatics. The card game was VERY addicting. Being able to make items out of cards was awesome. The characters were cool, and the story was fairly interesting. The junction system had it's merits, but it had a lot of loopholes. With a little bit of work to draw the required magic, I could have a character with an HP he is supposed to have 50 levels later. I've ''finished'' this game at least 3 times too. Same reasoning. I used to have FF7 and FF8 on PS1 and I also bought them at the PSN Store (they are among the PsOne Classics available for download to the PS3).

FF9- Boring. Got lost while playing CD2 and wasn't interested enough to buy a guide. The card game was pretty messy. Didn't like the characters or the story.

FF10- Really boring. Played about 3 hours and forgot about the CD. I don't remember much about this game...all I remember is the main character was an annoying extrovert that played an exotic sport.

WALMART

@Rasofy

how could you find FFX boring? that one was awesome, i'd put it first if i wasn't biased so hard towards FF8.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Rasofy

how could you find FFX boring? that one was awesome, i'd put it first if i wasn't biased so hard towards FF8.
    To be fair, I don't remember very well. The characters seemed to lack substance overall, and the story didn't get me interested. Maybe everything was too ''happy''? Quite likely, both FF7 and FF8 had set my standards too high.
    Did you play FF7, btw?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    To be fair, I don't remember very well. The characters seemed to lack substance, overall, and the story didn't get me interested. Maybe everything was too ''happy''? Quite likely, both FF7 and FF8 have set my standards too high.
    Did you play FF7, btw?

lol, 7 and 8 were good indeed. But 10 was awesome, Auron is one of my favorites from the series. It was happy indeed though, comparatively.... never thought about that.

I did play 7, my first exposure to it though was my cousin playing through. It made me buy FF8 when it came out, so FF8 was the first FF I played through on my own. I'd like to say I genuinely like FF8 more than FF7 because of Squall's nature (among other things), but I really think it's simply because it was the first one I played.

Unless you count FF6 for the SNES, though I was way too young to even understand what was happening.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wZC323onyE"]learning to play this[/YOUTUBE]
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

My life's a final fantasy..

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I love 10. I LOVE IT. I sobbed at the ending.

I also love the music... the Mt Gagazet theme was glorious.
    Hehe, I finished X2 with the good ending just because I wanted to see it end well (Even though X2 was unbalanced and hell to get through. Lotsa farming before being able to get past those three sister dark aeons.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ

I played them up to 7, and played FF Tactics, and FF Tactics A2

FF IV (II in the US) victory fanfare is one of my favorite iconic tunes of all time.