• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hating On People In The Entertainment Community

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Fakeness bother me. For a long time I had a strongly negative impression of Gretchen Carlson because there was this sense of fakeness that was overwhelming to me. It was also a little embarrassing to see her play up the "dumb blonde" role so extremely. So perhaps she just isn't that bright and is doing her best? Turns out she went to Stanford, Oxford, and is an advanced level violinist, and has taken to an extremely patronizing persona which likely gets paid a lot of money.

Yeah. It was most obvious when she pretended not to know what "ignoramus" meant. That was great.

All the female Fox News anchors give me a weird Stepford Wives vibe, though I bet most are fairly intelligent behind it.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm tired of the whole entertainment complex. It's the supermarket of culture that is America.

I do have a special place in my heart for the severed head of Brad Pitt and G. Paltrow. She's just pompous, but BP can't act at all. He is just terrible, yet soooo pretty he must be everywhere, on every mag cover. That's all the guy can do, is just be pretty because he has no talent for acting. He can barely speak over that stupid mid-western accent.
Oh, and Robert Downey Jr shouldn't be playing sherlock Holmes. Must everything be remade?
Rant:OVER

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. It was most obvious when she pretended not to know what "ignoramus" meant. That was great.

All the female Fox News anchors give me a weird Stepford Wives vibe, though I bet most are fairly intelligent behind it.
That is as reasonable an explanation of any for the mysterious disappearance of the Fox female frontal lobes.

But at least they aren't elitist. After all they are willing to come down to the level of the working class who have teensy vocabularies and can't figure out how to Google shit. My reaction isn't political because if those women are highly intelligent and educated and have opinions that lean to the Right, I would appreciate hearing their arguments.

People in the entertainment business have often worked quite hard and are highly skilled, but there is also a rather compelling element of being hooked up. If you read into the family trees of almost any famous media personality, they are all related to a famous director, etc. It is a tightly woven web of opportunity and elitism.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
That is as reasonable an explanation of any for the mysterious disappearance of the Fox female frontal lobes.

But at least they aren't elitist. After all they are willing to come down to the level of the working class who have teensy vocabularies and can't figure out how to Google shit. My reaction isn't political because if those women are highly intelligent and educated and have opinions that lean to the Right, I would appreciate hearing their arguments.

People in the entertainment business have often worked quite hard and are highly skilled, but there is also a rather compelling element of being hooked up. If you read into the family trees of almost any famous media personality, they are all related to a famous director, etc. It is a tightly woven web of opportunity and elitism.

In a way, fake populism is kind of elitist. I can't blame them, if anything, it's just insulting to the plain spoken Fox audience.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Heidi Montag 'desperate' to remove her breast implants: 'I feel trapped in my own body'

the article said:
Just one week after the untimely death of her plastic surgeon, Dr. Frank Ryan, Heidi Montag says she regrets having her plastic surgery spree that included 10 procedures performed in one day.

Heidi Fucking Montag said:
It's heartbreaking. I can't live an everyday life.

‎"Heartbreaking" is not the word I would have chosen. "Completely predictable" is closer, but that's two words. She regrets having ten procedures done in a day? I'm shocked! Who could have fortold this?!

She was a gorgeous woman (not very bright, but very, very pretty) before all that. Why she felt the need to carve herself a new face when most people would sacrifice forest animals to look like her old one, is beyond me.

Edit: I almost started a new thread for this, but when I searched for threads about Heidi Montag this one popped up and it seemed appropriate here. :D

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Holy crap, I saw this and thought "Ooh, I gotta get in on that thread!", then I was like "Wait,....didn't I start that or something?".

The only thing I know about Heidi Montag is that she married some d-bag and got tons of plastic surgery. I didn't even know who she was, I just saw side-by-side pics of before and after. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

I dunno, maybe it's a good thing? Maybe young women will look at that, get horrified, and not do it themselves?

I still don't know exactly who she is, just that she acted on some show on MTV. I am more aware of Snooki and The Situation - which I'm not happy about being aware of.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I liked Nicholas Cage. He's past his "sell by" date.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Based on Peggy Sue Got Married, Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Honeymoon In Vegas, Red Rock West, Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation and Matchstick Men, I'm giving Nicolas Cage a lifetime pass. He's one of my favorite actors.

As much as I dislike Nic Cage. I do love his action movies. :p

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Okay, I did love him in Adaptation. It had been a long time since I had loved him in anything before that, though. I will say that Raising Arizona is in my top five favorite movies evar. He's perfect in that.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Why would someone dislike Coldplay, other than them catching on like wildfire with the general public?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why would someone dislike Coldplay, other than them catching on like wildfire with the general public?

Because they are a better sleep aid than Sominex and a mallet to the head, and because they blatantly aspire to be U2 when they don't have a fraction of the collected talent or charisma.

"Clocks" is a good song, but I compare that to the monkey typing Hamlet.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Because they are a better sleep aid than Sominex and a mallet to the head, and because they blatantly aspire to be U2 when they don't have a fraction of the collected talent or charisma.

"Clocks" is a good song, but I compare that to the monkey typing Hamlet.

Yeppers!

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU

because their music is for tools and old people. reeeaaally old people. its harmless. like the green hospital jello with a piece of fruit inside. like salisbury steak and potatoes in a nursing home. listening to coldplay is like wiping an old man's ass on his deathbed. like changing nana's bedpan. its as fun as catholic mass. or waiting for the dentist. or being dumped. or waking up one day and finding your penis has decreased in length by several inches. or waking up with crabs. or waking up hungover next to nana.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I like Cage in Lord of War, his deadpan tone just suited it so well.