• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hating On People In The Entertainment Community

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
i agree with just about everything here except for thom yorke. i know radiohead fans can be really annoying (almost as much as tool fans) but thom yorke is still legit. oh well, to each his own.

i agree with pure mercury about dane cook. he can get eternal syphilis and burn in hell watching vicious circle until the next 26,000 year mayan cycle ends. then for the following 26,000 years he can watch it backwards. and so on.

carlos mencia is as funny as terminal cancer.

fergie can DIE, so can will.i.am and that clown with the long hair who is in their shitty ass group. they should have been on aaliyah's plane.

shia lebaoughffph from transformers needs a fresh new heroin addiction so that actors in his age group with talent can get good work.

robert downy jr needs to get back on heroin so he can be edgy and tragically talented again and stop making movies with that dipshit jude law.

fuckin jude law!

scarlett johannson. oh yes, scarlett, i see through you. i know that deep down beneath your hollywooded-out exterior is the fat chick with the princess leia haircut from the theater club banging the alpha LARPing dork after his tuesday afternoon magic card circle jerk. she never left, scarlett. she's still there. she wants a twinkie and a mountain dew. and a sober father.

carson daly and jimmy fallon should awaken in a tub of ice somewhere south of tijuana, surgically fused together as siamese twins but sharing a heart that has an explosive device attached to it. a cryptic note written in blood would be found next to it telling them that if they want to see their contracts renewed they must make it to jay leno's house within four hours. as they get to the door to give jay leno a hug the explosive device goes off and all three are taken out.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
scarlett johannson. oh yes, scarlett, i see through you. i know that deep down beneath your hollywooded-out exterior is the fat chick with the princess leia haircut from the theater club banging the alpha LARPing dork after his tuesday afternoon magic card circle jerk. she never left, scarlett. she's still there. she wants a twinkie and a mountain dew. and a sober father.

carson daly and jimmy fallon should awaken in a tub of ice somewhere south of tijuana, surgically fused together as siamese twins but sharing a heart that has an explosive device attached to it. a cryptic note written in blood would be found next to it telling them that if they want to see their contracts renewed they must make it to jay leno's house within four hours. as they get to the door to give jay leno a hug the explosive device goes off and all three are taken out.

I don't know why this is sooo funny to me but it is.

This was a great idea Gloriana :yes:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you asserting that The Hills is art? Performance art, I'm going to guess? And please refrain from being condescending by calling my opinion "cute." How about giving reasons for why you might have a differing opinion, rather than being insulting, so that this can be a productive discussion instead of a fight right off the bat?

I've never even watched the show; I don't have a clue what it's about.

But I can tell you for sure that if you're judging its quality based on internal Ti standards as opposed to the context in which it was conceived, you're missing the point. Ni would help here.

I did the whole "I AM SO COOL AND AWESOME BECAUSE MY TASTES ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE'S AND HERE ARE A BUNCH OF "OBJECTIVE" Ti REASONS WHY, MAAANNN I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW SO MANY PEOPLE CAN LIKE SO MANY THINGS THAT ARE JUST SO OBVIOUSLY BAD, I MEAN LOOK AT MY ARBITRARY INTERNAL Ti STANDARD, THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY BAD!" thing for a long time when I was younger.

Then I grew up.

You're operating under the erroneous assumption that all art is produced for the same purposes for which you would produce art.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Angelina Jolie - overrated in every way. Can't act, looks like a fish, has the personality of a wet rag, flaunts her faux-humanitarianism

Sienna Miller - skanky, can't act, please stop slaughtering the American accent in films

Julia Roberts - self-righteous, annoying, makes the hokiest movies
That Twilight guy - lame, not hot
That Twilight chick - it's that stupid angsty scowl
Megan Fox - vapid, tries way too hard
Kim Kardashian - plastic, stupid, poor excuse for a human being
Katy Perry - awful music, stupid lyrics, tired & overdone pin-up look
That HS musical kid who looks like a chick
That Gossip Girl guy who looks like a chick
John Mayer - not cute, boring music, seems like total prick
Scott Rogen - ugly & fat, not funny, why do other women like him?
Tyra Banks - self-righteous, hypocritical
Ashley Simpson, her lame husband & his band
P.Diddy - do I really need to explain?
Kanye West - arrogant, delusional jerk
Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton - any other tabloid fodder

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

But I can tell you for sure that if you're judging its quality based on internal Ti standards as opposed to the context in which it was conceived, you're missing the point. Ni would help here.

I did the whole "I AM SO COOL AND AWESOME BECAUSE MY TASTES ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE'S AND HERE ARE A BUNCH OF "OBJECTIVE" Ti REASONS WHY, MAAANNN I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW SO MANY PEOPLE CAN LIKE SO MANY THINGS THAT ARE JUST SO OBVIOUSLY BAD, I MEAN LOOK AT MY ARBITRARY INTERNAL Ti STANDARD, THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY BAD!" thing for a long time when I was younger.

Then I grew up.

You're operating under the erroneous assumption that all art is produced for the same purposes for which you would produce art.

Be easy. Don't assume to know what anybody is assuming.

We are entitled to opinions. You can be pretty damn opinionated when it comes to music, too.

And to speak of youth...?

Atomic Fiend

I can't hate people in the Entertainment Company, for some reason... maybe it's cause they entertain me.

But seriously Ryan Seacrest, fuck that guy.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Then I grew up.

Why in the world are you choosing to have this particular argument with me when the ENTIRE THREAD is based upon arbitrary, subjective kneejerk reactions? What gives you the right to decide how and when I came to my decision and what would "help"? How do you know what erroneous assumption I'm operating under WHEN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN the show in question anyway? You seem to be the one who is assuming a lot here.

I will not even address the "then I grew up" comment.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
HAHAHAHAHA Does anyone think that if Bono lost the shades he would become a little bit more bearable!!???

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be easy. Don't assume to know what anybody is assuming.

We are entitled to opinions. You can be pretty damn opinionated when it comes to music, too.

And to speak of youth...?

Younger. ;)

Sure, but, I also realize that that music isn't being made for me and I'm very careful to separate "enjoyable" from "good" because they're really not the same thing. Many artists are both, so they aren't mutually exclusive, but the former does NOT automatically imply the latter.

I used to talk shit about pop artists and then I went and tried to make a living as a musician for a while and realized, hey wait, some people want to eat.

If you're (general "you" here, not you personally) not interested in selling your music, then that's fine and good, but most people who take this position couldn't sell their music even if they wanted to because they simply aren't into it enough to put in the sheer number of hours it takes to do it professionally.

In short, having a performance career=practicing so much that you don't have time to cultivate a normal career, so as you can see it puts musicians in a bit of a bind. Do I want "credibility" in the eyes of a bunch of pretentious critics who could never do my job in a million years, or do I want...food? And housing?

It's not a very hard decision.

MBTI Type
INTJ

Then I grew up.

Her original comment was that she resented how the omnipresence of these people in the media made her aware of them and their "douchery". It didn't even address the quality of the show specifically, although one could infer that. How can you pretend to know the origin or motivations of an unspecific, implied criticism? I think as Jeno said, you are assuming a great deal.

Further, what does internal vs. external standards have to do with it? Everyone is entitled to an opinion on subjective matters like art. Informed opinions are even more valuable. Which Tallulah's is, and by your own admission, yours is not.

MBTI Type
INTJ
HAHAHAHAHA Does anyone think that if Bono lost the shades he would become a little bit more bearable!!???

Not to be a Bono apologist (even though I am), but he suffers from photophobia stemming from an incident where he got a fork stuck in his eye. I won't say he doesn't milk it a bit, but there is a legit reason why he's always got them on.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Younger. ;)

Sure, but, I also realize that that music isn't being made for me and I'm very careful to separate "enjoyable" from "good" because they're really not the same thing. Many artists are both, so they aren't mutually exclusive, but the former does NOT automatically imply the latter.

None of which I implied, though if I had, it would have been perfectly acceptable given the perimeters of the current discussion. No one is judging whether reality shows, in a general or specific sense, are "art" or not. No one is having that discussion. We are having a discussion about our own opinions of celebrities, and which ones annoy us. Nothing more.

YOU are the one that has come in here trying to take me to task for judging a show as "good" or "bad" for its genre. You are the one that didn't take a look around to see what the intent was.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Her original comment was that she resented how the omnipresence of these people in the media made her aware of them and their "douchery". It didn't even address the quality of the show specifically, although one could infer that. How can you pretend to know the origin or motivations of an unspecific, implied criticism? I think as Jeno said, you are assuming a great deal.

Well, I suppose a better thread title would have been, "Hating on the media for focusing too much on entertainment figures that I don't personally care for."

Further, what does internal vs. external standards have to do with it? Everyone is entitled to an opinion on subjective matters like art. Informed opinions are even more valuable. Which Tallulah's is, and by your own admission, yours is not.

Sure sure, we're all entitled to our own opinions and that's great, but that's not what the thread topic was. Read the damn thread; everyone is just whining about entertainment figures they hate and wondering loudly how anyone could possibly enjoy something so obviously bad! That's what I'm responding to; it's Ti arrogant assumption that its standards for art evaluation are somehow objectively superior, as if people making music directed toward a demographic that doesn't include *me me me* is somehow wrong or bad art.

And the reasoning for it is usually "Well it doesn't meet x, y and z standards of music that I like to listen to, THEREFORE IT'S OBJECTIVELY SHITTY HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY LIKE IT???"

Seriously, Ni will help here.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

Then I grew up.

I don't think anyone here is trying to pull the self congratulatory "My tastes are superior" thing, at least I'm not picking up on that. There are some conflicting tastes here but it's 'to each their own'. Just because I think George Lucas is a tool, for instance, I'm not going to disregard the opinion of someone who doesn't think he's a tool.

Maybe there are some passionate opinions here, but I'm personally not picking up on posturing. Any entertainment is subjective, any art or any artist. I'm not going to apologize for liking or disliking something, or the reasons I dislike it. I don't expect anyone else to either.

Except people who own "HIM" albums they paid good money for. Those people are beneath me. Everyone else is good.... :D

I do respect it you hate this thread BTW :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I suppose a better thread title would have been, "Hating on the media for focusing too much on entertainment figures that I don't personally care for."

Sure sure, we're all entitled to our own opinions and that's great, but that's not what the thread topic was. Read the damn thread; everyone is just whining about entertainment figures they hate and wondering loudly how anyone could possibly enjoy something so obviously bad! That's what I'm responding to; it's Ti arrogant assumption that its standards for art evaluation are somehow objectively superior, as if people making music directed toward a demographic that doesn't include *me me me* is somehow wrong or bad art.

And the reasoning for it is usually "Well it doesn't meet x, y and z standards of music that I like to listen to, THEREFORE IT'S OBJECTIVELY SHITTY HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY LIKE IT???"

Seriously, Ni will help here.

I think you should read the damn thread, yourself. I listed names with basically no value judgment for the type of work that these people do. I just said that they annoy me. I listed a reason for one or two. Some were professional and some were personal and some had none at all. Everyone else did the same. So, what really is your problem? Why do you feel the need to speak in condescension and make false accusations and assumptions?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think anyone here is trying to pull the self congratulatory "My tastes are superior" thing, at least I'm not picking up on that. There are some conflicting tastes here but it's 'to each their own'. Just because I think George Lucas is a tool, for instance, I'm not going to disregard the opinion of someone who doesn't think he's a tool.

Isn't that what the entire thread is? You know, mutually jerking each other off by preaching to the choir?

Maybe there are some passionate opinions here, but I'm personally not picking up on posturing. Any entertainment is subjective, any art or any artist. I'm not going to apologize for liking or disliking something, or the reasons I dislike it. I don't expect anyone else to either.

That's fine; I'm not saying you can't have musical tastes. Everybody does--I'm just saying try to avoid insisting that whatever you like is automatically good and whatever you don't like is bad. I like a number of bad bands and I dislike a number of good ones. It goes both ways.

Except people who own "HIM" albums they paid good money for. Those people are beneath me. Everyone else is good.... :D

I do respect it you hate this thread BTW :D

Thanks. I know you're joking, but it's that kind of attitude that, unfortunately, many Ti/Fi users actually DO have. They evaluate all art according to their own internal preferences by convincing themselves that their personal preferences equate to objective evaluation, and it makes some of them pretty insufferable at times.

I think you should read the damn thread, yourself. I listed names with basically no value judgment for the type of work that these people do. I just said that they annoy me. I listed a reason for one or two. Some were professional and some were personal and some had none at all. Everyone else did the same. So, what really is your problem? Why do you feel the need to speak in condescension and make false accusations and assumptions?

Sorry if I misread a thead about hating on people in the entertainment industry as, you know, hateful toward people in the entertainment industry.

Not that I particularly care about the feelings of say, Britney Spears, but I do think it's a bit silly the way people (not necessarily you personally) assign value judgments to the "quality" of music, and when asked why simply recite "It doesn't sound like [insert my favorite music here]!", as if pop is somehow inherently inferior for not having the characteristics of [insert whatever genre Ti/Fi user prefers here.]

It's just holding something up to a false standard that it never purported to meet, which I think is a very common mistake in evaluation of art and the entertainment industry in general.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Sorry if I misread a thead about hating on people in the entertainment industry as, you know, hateful toward people in the entertainment industry.

Not that I particularly care about the feelings of say, Britney Spears, but I do think it's a bit silly the way people (not necessarily you personally) assign value judgments to the "quality" of music, and when asked why simply recite "It doesn't sound like [insert my favorite music here]!", as if pop is somehow inherently inferior for not having the characteristics of [insert whatever genre Ti/Fi user prefers here.]

It's just holding something up to a false standard that it never purported to meet, which I think is a very common mistake in evaluation of art and the entertainment industry in general.

How about you start a thread about that very issue, instead of coming in this one, guns blazing, condescending to everyone who's posted so far? You've jumped into this discussion a bundle of assumptions, and projecting them onto everyone else. Hardly the way to foster a philosophical discussion about subjective judgments about art and entertainers. Start a thread instead of hijacking this one.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How about you start a thread about that very issue, instead of coming in this one, guns blazing, condescending to everyone who's posted so far? You've jumped into this discussion a bundle of assumptions, and projecting them onto everyone else. Hardly the way to foster a philosophical discussion about subjective judgments about art and entertainers. Start a thread instead of hijacking this one.

Frankly, I'm having a hard time seeing how I can be blamed for assuming what I assumed given the obvious use of the word "hating" in the thread title.

P.S.,

Y'know ya done good when Thinkers start correcting your Fi.:hi: