• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone here snowboard?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
MY SNOWBOARD CAME TODAY! IT COMES TO MY NOSE JUST LIKE I MEASURED AND ITS THE SEXIEST THING SINCE MY HUSBAND!! WHOO HOO!!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've never had the opportunity. I haven't spent any of my life around snow. -- I have always wanted to do it though. It seems like a blast. I like to ice skate though, if that counts for anything...

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been skiing for ~4 years, and I've given snowboarding a try a couple of times.

It's alright, for whatever reason it feels wholly unnatural when compared to skiing. When I learned to ski basically the only things holding me back were my own fears. But with snowboarding the technique itself is much more difficult to master.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1000x500px-LL-cat-board.jpg

There's me a few years ago in the rocky mountains.

Okay but in actuality snowboarding is something I want to try.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I tried it once. (yes, once) It was a blast, I need to go out this winter again!

395436475_46f037fab4.jpg

are you serious? I've been snowboarding for over 10 years and this is the first time I have ever heard someone say they had fun their very first time.

You need to go like 2-4 times to master riding and carving, most people eat shit their first time, and keep eating shit. But after you stop eating shit, it gets really fun.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you serious? I've been snowboarding for over 10 years and this is the first time I have ever heard someone say they had fun their very first time.

You need to go like 2-4 times to master riding and carving, most people eat shit their first time, and keep eating shit. But after you stop eating shit, it gets really fun.

Really? I had a blast my first time..
Fell on my ass for about an hour or two.
The next hour or two I got it, and I loved it!

(Oh, got a little daring in the end and sprained my wrist though. Then it was time for Shortsie to go home :) )

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1000x500px-LL-cat-board.jpg

There's me a few years ago in the rocky mountains.

Okay but in actuality snowboarding is something I want to try.

You dyed your hair strawberry blonde, blackcat!! Lookin pretty cool out there

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm 5'3". It comes to about my nose when I measured 152cm on the tape measure.

FYI sizing snowboards has nothing to do with height. It has to do with weight/boot size/type of riding you will be doing.

With that being said Tahoe is getting dumped on.

Just wondering is there anyone that snowboards seriously? Like not your weekend warriors but people that are actually on the slopes at least 50+ times a season?

Where does everyone ride?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I never have but it's something I really want to try and am willing to bet I'd make a regular hobby of it if I lived in an area suitable.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
:)

Got my boots, just need to find a half-decent used board and some bindings and then I'm ready to rock and roll.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
One tip. Take a full-day lesson (not sure you live, but if you're on the east coast, where are you going? I know most areas decently.), and get a helmet at least until you master the basics.

Anyway....it's a lot of fun. I rock at it, but I prefer skiing by a large amount, only learned it for out west on the days when you need a board to do anything (skis, even fat ones, aren't so hot when a 5ft storm comes through.).

As for a few general tips....take things at your own pace for learning, and never let someone push you onto terrain you aren't comfortable with. Learn to fall. You'll do it plenty at first, get someone to show you how to not get hurt and get yourself back up quickly. Other than that, have fun. :D Oh, and don't get discouraged if by the end of the first day, you still suck, it does usually take a couple days...

You will learn alot quicker if you go with people that are much better than you are. By pushing you onto unfamiliar terrain you figure out how to snowboard real quick.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
You will learn alot quicker if you go with people that are much better than you are. By pushing you onto unfamiliar terrain you figure out how to snowboard real quick.

I'd agree. Let me rephrase that slightly....if you're skiing beginner trails, and your friend suggests that you'll be fine on diamond/expert runs, don't listen to him.

On another note, today was the first day of the season for me. :D Hunter's (NY State) opening day.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've been snowboarding for a few years, it's a whole lot of fun but I take it slow cause i'm terrified of breaking something

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I've been snowboarding a couple times, and skiing a couple times too, and love it. Unfortunately I live in a flat, snow-free location, so it's kind of a special treat. :) I'm planning to go at the end of January.

For some reason "gravity sports" and me get along quite well. I'm a ww kayaker and I've done some surfing too, and would love to try hang gliding.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
oh my gawd. i haven't gone in 3 years after my acl surgery

i can't wait to go next weeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Oh I totally love it, I prefer it way more better than skiing. I've learnt it by myself in like 2 seasons. Now I'm pretty stable in slalom and I can do some really tiny jumps. Got my snowboard and boots last year on my 17th birthday. But as I am in Denmark now and they have no snow and no mountains I didn't take it with me. On February me and my hostfamily are going to Norway on skiing holiday.. AAAAH I CAN'T WAIT!!!

B

brainheart

I used to go all the time. I started... uh... fourteen years ago. I had never skied or anything so I got pretty beat up at first, but I was going with all of these guys who were really good and the competitive part of me HAD to keep up. So I was doing back country, blacks with them from the very beginning. Maybe not the brightest, but I got pretty good fast. I had visions of turning pro, but then other things in life happened.

I just went the other day with my seven year old son. He is so naturally coordinated it's nuts. It was awesome doing different grabs off this little kicker and then he would follow and (most of the time) be able to do it. So fun to be a mom who can go tear it up with her kid.