• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My photography

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hio. Im new to these forums and thought id share some of my photography with you guys.

Here is more of my works: Flickr: Tomes.'s Photostream

3648540384_975c9115a8_o.jpg

3491437422_e972218884_o.jpg

3293816158_b03ecf3e87_o.jpg

3259375068_4c38d7a4ca_o.jpg

3221391656_28b847da65_o.jpg

3682442211_a9e9e2f3ab_o.jpg

Feel free to praise or tell that they suck. If there are other photographers on the forums, would be nice to see your flickr or da galleries.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Wow! Those are very good. My favorite is probably the nighttime/snowy one. I love snowy nightscapes.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm just indifferent to the subject, I see nothing intriguing really but well somebody else might.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The second image, which was backlit, was darkened in post right? It's a beautiful image and very evocative. The first photo is bright and cheery, but too busy on the left for me - I would have done without the tree but kept the rock.

What do you shoot on?

You have a good eye and I enjoyed your selection. I've shared my work on here in the past, but took it down after about an hour. I don't think I want to mix these two worlds, so sorry. Maybe I can find some simple things to put up. I'll look.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I liked your broken finger picture on flickr. Bad ass.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
VERY NICE!

I love these!

Thanks for sharing!

:D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Wow, these are really really well done! I mean it.

I really like the silhouette one and the snowy lane.

Keep it up!

:)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I love the aerial perspective int he first pix. The sheep seems to have a story to tell, and you capture the light-hearted experience of grass-eating pretty well..

The lighting technique of kitty is pretty cool.

Have you looked into getting filters for the flash? You can cut out colored transparent paper and do a bounce back effect on the lighting and get really kewl amazing effects!

So far, so good. Pretty nice!

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
That is some truly great work. I love atmospheric shots and yours are wonderful, they get my imagination going! I love your portraits as well.

So in my opinion, you officially DON'T SUCK!! :D Thanks for sharing!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate you sharing this with us. It brought my spirits up and in.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
My thoughts:

Lamb is cool, has some attitude.

I like the gradient in the second photo.

Who photographs a pigeon? Nice photo though :).

Cat is cute.

Snow one is cool. Has a nice feel to it.

And the cartoonish bird in the last one is probably my favourite. Just because it looks completely insane.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think they're all great.

I particularly like the animal portraits, though---because you caught them looking very much like they are posing for the picture, rather than just catching them in action.

They seem very relaxed in your presence.

Who are you, Snow White??? :newwink:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks all :)

The second image, which was backlit, was darkened in post right?

What do you shoot on?

Yep it was darkened a bit, but didnt have to darken it alot since it was so heavilly backlit.

Im using 1d mkIII, eos 300(film camera), hasselblad 500c/m(with 80mm 2.8 lens) and current canon lenses are 24-105mm f/4 and 50mm 1.4, allso got 580 II flash and extended flash cord.

Have you looked into getting filters for the flash? You can cut out colored transparent paper and do a bounce back effect on the lighting and get really kewl amazing effects!

Yea i have been thinking about getting some flash gels, but came to conclusion that theyr not really that much needed unless i got other flash allso. I would mostly use the gels for coloring background enyway. i would rather buy gels than use transparent papers, since gels arent that expencive either and you get better resaults with them.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks all :)

Yep it was darkened a bit, but didnt have to darken it alot since it was so heavilly backlit.

Im using 1d mkIII, eos 300(film camera), hasselblad 500c/m(with 80mm 2.8 lens) and current canon lenses are 24-105mm f/4 and 50mm 1.4, allso got 580 II flash and extended flash cord.

Yea i have been thinking about getting some flash gels, but came to conclusion that theyr not really that much needed unless i got other flash allso. I would mostly use the gels for coloring background enyway. i would rather buy gels than use transparent papers, since gels arent that expencive either and you get better resaults with them.

Yeah, I don't use gels for coloring so much, just for correcting temperature, so I only carry around oranges and greens most days.

I love that you are using film and fixed focal length lenses. I shoot mostly in film as well. Do you self develop?

Either way, keep posting them!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is great! I've always wanted to do photography.

Thanks. Why dont you start photographing if you allways wanted to do that?

Yeah, I don't use gels for coloring so much, just for correcting temperature, so I only carry around oranges and greens most days.

I love that you are using film and fixed focal length lenses. I shoot mostly in film as well. Do you self develop?

Either way, keep posting them!

I dont use flash really in daylight so i dont need to change temperature for flash only.

I love shooting film, but havent done that long time and havent had money for buying film lately. Yea i develope b&w films myself, but developing color film is so complicated and expencive that those i take to shop.
I used to like prime lenses more than zooms when i had 1.6x crop camera, but now that i got a 1.3x crop and good zoom lens its not that important, because i can get good bokeh with 105mm and f/4 enyway and iq is as good on this zoom than desent primes. Some wide angle prime would be cool tho so i could get bokeh for wider angles too.

I wasnt thinking of posting more pics here, instead you can check my flickr for updates.

P

Phantonym

Thanks for sharing. These are really good and I went through your Flickr gallery as well. I just realized how much I've missed Wagner :D Looking forward to your updates :)