• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

District 9?

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
the previews require a change in underwear on my part

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Looks ok, I'll probably check it out.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
just saw it.

AMAZING.

seriously.

worth the money.

watch.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I just saw it too!
It is Poppy-approved for your viewing.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of people rant and rave about that movie.

I'm a big sci fi fan, and I saw it as soon as it came out and it was just... meh.

I mean it was OK... aside from huge plot holes and jumping from campy comedy to serious cat topics every 10 mins.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is one of the few sci-fi movies I didn't see on opening day.

I might see it tomorrow, though.

Most of the alien invasion movies of today are just dull.

I haven't seen a really good alien invasion film since Independence Day.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I enjoyed District 9, although I'm not as bonkers as some people are over it. I thought the premise was fantastic, and the first part of the movie where the allegory was set up was very strong. Later on though, there were plot holes you could drive a truck through. In the moment, the movie's strengths covered for it to a degree, but afterwards you kind of think, "That made no sense." I did really like the ending, though.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was quite a bit better than I expected, but it seems like all you have to do to appease most Sci-Fi people these days is take some guns from Unreal Tournament and Half-Life 2.

Plot wise, there's only one thing I couldn't even begin to make any sense of whatsoever. However, for the sake of safety I do keep animals away from my car when I fill it up now.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
there were definately holes. id love to discuss those but the marketing campaign for district 9 was very well done, in that it didn't ruin a damn thing, plot-wise. i respect that.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
It was cool and I enjoyed it.

Christopher was cool. I wondered what his native name was, and why he wore those clothes.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was cool and I enjoyed it.

Christopher was cool. I wondered what his native name was, and why he wore those clothes.

He wasn't worker/slave class.

Real reason: So we could identify with him and sympathize with him more.