Thread: District 9?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

lol@ all your posts.

sw and i were at the brink of getting sick too. we naively sat on the second row from the screen. fucking motion sickness!

at first i was somewhat disappointed that this was yet another "doc style" film such as cloverfield (also got motion sick but ended up enjoying it), but it proved to be even more engaging. there's an advantage to making those doc style films, they make you feel like what you're seeing is really happening. the idealist within wishes vicus would've safely escaped alongside Chris and his boy, but the sinister within wishes the aliens would've attacked and destroyed planet earth and provided us with all the gory visuals.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I've seen this on the trailers lately, and I must say - looks like one hell of a movie!

... Can't wait to watch it!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

District 9 had a good pace from start to finish, it isn't Alien Nation, so this gets a plus. The story flows fairly well though does get convoluted at times. Will definitely want to see where the squeal goes. I'd certainly be interested for the directors to translate Octavia Butlers Xenogenesis trilogy, that would be curious. District 9 had too many parallels to other films I've seen to have fully rocked my world, though a great effort. I was kind of thinking V, instead of lizards you get roach like figures.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

was the blair witch project one of the first doc style mainstream movies out there?

FigerPuppet

This was very good movie, even though the moral of the story was a bit too obvious.