User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well, there's no sense in debating with someone so rigid. Good luck with that.

Rigid? I am merely giving you my opinion, expectations and providing certain numerical data to represent my statements and predictions. How am I rigid? Do you want me to state the flaws on my favorite team? I can do that as well, because I don't think they are perfect and as I stated I don't think they are going to go undefeated in 09. I would think that is more than a reasonable of an opinion from anyone.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    I measure a team by their success[...] they didn't win the Lombardy trophy and thus they were as successful as the 0-16 Lions of last year. .
    Is smoking pot legal in your state?
    Just checking.

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Is smoking pot legal in your state?
    Just checking.
    Why are you interested in some? I guess to some of us winning the Lombardy Trophy is more important than others, that is how I measure success. Do you remember who had the best record in 1988? 2001? 1971? I am sure you would be able to name me a few but I bet that you would more easily remember those that actually won the Super Bowl because that is the thing that actually matters the most. I bet Marino would trade any of his records for a super bowl ring but than again I am sure he must be pot head since the regular season is that truelly matters right?:rolli:
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Why are you interested in some? I guess to some of us winning the Lombardy Trophy is more important than others, that is how I measure success.

I'd never ask you over to watch football.
    You'd be analyzing the numerical data on the beer bottle to determine its success.

MBTI
    ENFj

I'd never ask you over to watch football.
    You'd be analyzing the numerical data on the beer bottle to determine its success.
    haha, trust me I am far more laid back than you might think. I enjoy nothing more than to sit back watch a good football game and drink some beers with my friends.
    ENFJ 3W4

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Rigid? I am merely giving you my opinion, expectations and providing certain numerical data to represent my statements and predictions. How am I rigid? Do you want me to state the flaws on my favorite team? I can do that as well, because I don't think they are perfect and as I stated I don't think they are going to go undefeated in 09. I would think that is more than a reasonable of an opinion from anyone.
    Numerical data? You haven't provided any. You're basing your opinions on highly subjective judgments (feelings). You haven't even seen the 2009 team play yet.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Numerical data? You haven't provided any. You're basing your opinions on highly subjective judgments (feelings). You haven't even seen the 2009 team play yet.
    I was told that the Patriots would secondary had issues yet proved that notion wrong by bring up the fact that they were ranked 11th over all in pass defense in 2008 (with an injure depleted secondary no less) to refute that statement (NFL Stats: by Team Category). I also mentioned that we do not have to rely on Brady to carry the load of the team because we were ranked 6th over all in rushing last season without our starting RB Laurence Maroney (NFL Stats: by Team Category). I compared Brady's situation to that of Carson Palmer and that of Philip Rivers because 1) they suffered similar injuries and 2) they have similar styles of play and provided their statistical performance for the year fallowing their recovery: 4009 yards and 34 TDs for Rivers (Philip Rivers Profile - San Diego Chargers - ESPN) and 4035 yards and 28 TDs for Palmer (Carson Palmer Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com). Again I provided certain statistical data to support my statements, perhaps you didn't read my posts properly or may be I should have added the links to my posts. As for me making claims as to how the Patriots are going to perform on 09 well I am merely stating what the original poster wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Is everyone prepared? This is going to be a hell of an NFL season. Predictions? Fears? Michael Vick jokes? Let's hear it.
    Am I wrong in making my claims? He did ask for predictions and that is all that I am stating.
    ENFJ 3W4

*Actual time may vary.

^ That was all on the side of a beer bottle?

MBTI
    ENFj

^ That was all on the side of a beer bottle?
    Man I wish I had some beer! Congrats to your Steelers, I always enjoy watching them play, Dick Lebeau is a genius and I love what he does on defense, i hope we get another shot at you guys in the playoffs this year.
    ENFJ 3W4

*Actual time may vary.

^ We're ready for you son!