MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Am I doin' it right?

Oooooh touchÚ, mo'fo. Come on over and I'll school ya. I think the dazed and confused look will suit you... and I need to finish the rest of my walls.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Or maybe YOU just need a better football team!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Oh, no!

A Steelers fan. . .

^

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Fred Taylor is great...when he's actually suited up. That's always been a problem with him.

I don't know how you can say that this team is better than the 18-1 team. Until you see how Brady performs in a game, you can't know if he'll be as good as he used to be.

By the way, the preseason started this past Sunday (8/9, Titans vs Bills).
    The team may not win more games (or in the 2007 case just the super bowl) but this team has far more depth than the 07 squad did while still maintaining quality players as starters. I could go into far more detail as to why this team is better than the 07 squad if you like. As for Brady, he will be fine, all reports point to him being the exact same as he used to be from all that I have been following. Remember he was never very mobile at all, his game has always been mentally dissecting defenses and making accurate throws so that wont change with a bad knee which has bee fully recovered for a while now. Let me give you some examples here, in 2008 Rivers suffered a torn acl injury and the next season he proceeded to post 4009 yards and 34 TDs, in 2005 Carson Palmer had his entire knee replaced due to torn ligaments caused by the Steelers' DE Kimo Von Oelhoffen and he proceeded to post 4035 yards and 28 TDs the season after his injury. The difference between Brady and this other QBs is that both Palmer and Rivers had about 6 months to recover from their injuries while Brady has had a full year to recover from it and his injury was not as bad as Palmer's was. Also take into account that we don't have to depend on Brady to win, one thing a lot of people don't realize because we are considered a "pass happy team" is that last year we had the 6th best rushing game right behind the Vikings and that was with Maroney on Injury reserve after week 6th (as I recall). Now we have both Maroney back and Fred Taylor to carry the load so our running game is improved now and he can depend on it if at all necessary as well as use those safety blankets known as Wes Welker and Randy Moss. 85% of Tom Brady is still better than 90% of the QBs in the entire NFL in my opinion so I am not one bit worried about how he will perform. Again like I said from all the reports the only difference from Tom Brady now and the Tom Brady in 07 is that he says that his arm feels stronger since he has not had to put it through the stress of playing the 2008 season.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    The team may not win more games (or in the 2007 case just the super bowl)...
    So you judge teams on some metric other than their record, and without them having played a single game. Got it.

I don't question Brady's physical condition. I question his (or anyone's) ability to play at an elite level when they haven't been in a live game in 12 months. All he has to do is have one bad game for the 2009 team to fail to measure up to the 2007 team, just one.
    "We grow up thinking that´╗┐ beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are´╗┐ easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of´╗┐ a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    So you judge teams on some metric other than their record, and without them having played a single game. Got it.

I don't question Brady's physical condition. I question his (or anyone's) ability to play at an elite level when they haven't been in a live game in 12 months. All he has to do is have one bad game for the 2009 team to fail to measure up to the 2007 team, just one.

I measure a team by their success, for all that they accomplished on 07, they didn't win the Lombardy trophy and thus they were as successful as the 0-16 Lions of last year. The Lombardy trophy is all that matters my friend and they failed to accomplish the one and only thing that every single player and coach prepare for an entire season. My "metric" is potential, I believe this team has all the pieces necessary to go 19-0 but I am not going over hype them to that extent, my more reasonable prediction is 13-3 with a Super Bowl win. I don't see into the future but everyone has an idea of what every team is capable of.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    I measure a team by their success, for all that they accomplished on 07, they didn't win the Lombardy trophy and thus they were as successful as the 0-16 Lions of last year.
    Well, there's no sense in debating with someone so rigid. Good luck with that.
    "We grow up thinking that´╗┐ beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are´╗┐ easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of´╗┐ a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."