User Tag List

Thread: playing music

Member Array

Default playing music

Does playing music at all affect left and right brain components or does it activate certain functions or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

music is generally thought of as a right-brain function

I dunno, when I learn a new piece on piano it seems left brain intensive. Plotting out my fingering in each measure, ensuring that everything is in correct time and harmony. Though once everything is memorized I feel it becomes more of a right brain process as you can easily manipulate the volume, style, and timing on the fly to switch up the mood between different movements of the piece.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...