• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

playing music

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Does playing music at all affect left and right brain components or does it activate certain functions or both?

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I dunno, when I learn a new piece on piano it seems left brain intensive. Plotting out my fingering in each measure, ensuring that everything is in correct time and harmony. Though once everything is memorized I feel it becomes more of a right brain process as you can easily manipulate the volume, style, and timing on the fly to switch up the mood between different movements of the piece.