• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Worst band names?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
As much as I try, I just cannot stand the doors. I find his voice grating, and all that organ drives me up the wall.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Bro,

Before you go criticizing the Doors, do you even know what is means?

They were previously the Doors of Perception.

""If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Named after Aldous Huxley's book 'The Doors of Perception & Heaven and Hell' based off of William Blake's 'The Marriage of Heaven and Hell' ( I believe Synarch posted a thread about the Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

"There is the seen, and the unseen, and what lies in between are the Doors."

It's probably one of the most stellar topic of consciousness, in my opinion. Transforming the message through a band is brilliant.

People don't appreciate the Doors as much as they should. They don't see through the Doors.

Now don't you go criticizing stuff when you don't know. Jim Morrison is the man. He's got it.

Hey, I agree that they are a great band, but people are allowed to not like the name, or even their music. I'm sure every band has a reason for calling themselves whatever they want, but the name can still suck. And it's ok, you'll survive. :yes:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
As much as I try, I just cannot stand the doors. I find his voice grating, and all that organ drives me up the wall.

fair enough.

But do you see what's behind his voice and the driving organ?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey, I agree that they are a great band, but people are allowed to not like the name, or even their music. I'm sure every band has a reason for calling themselves whatever they want, but the name can still suck. And it's ok, you'll survive. :yes:

I never said everybody should like them, did I? I don't think I did. I think I purposefully avoided saying anything along those lines.

All I was saying is that before you judge them good or bad, learn to understand it. Sure, some of the music isn't that great, and probably a lot of people don't like it, and people can say they don't like the music, but you shouldn't ever go degrading it. It's worth a lot more, in my opinion.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
fair enough.

But do you see what's behind his voice and the driving organ?

Honestly, I didn't really like what was behind it all that much either. It always seemed kind of self-important and douchey to me.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Honestly, I didn't really like what was behind it all that much either. It always seemed kind of self-important and douchey to me.

Great. At least you are being honest and not judging it.

And that's what I was saying. Once you are aware of it, you can then make a judgment.

:newwink:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Limp Bizkit and Hoobastank are great nominees. In that same crap genre, how about Crazy Town?

[YOUTUBE=UculXjdcSYs]Crazy Town - Butterfly[/YOUTUBE]

I hate this song SO MUCH.

LOL I was about to see if Hoobastank had been mentioned yet and I loathe that song!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
They Might Be Giants
My Dying Bride
Gwar (what the hell is a gwar? I just hate gwar, so I'm biased)
Limp Bizkit, again
Stone Temple Pilots..especially when people called them STP...I'd think STD

I'm also definitely going to go with Anal Cunt

I disagree with some of the choices others have put though. For example, I like Panic! At the Disco and other interesting, poetic names like that.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hoobastank is probably the worst band name ever.

It's like if someone named their band Buttsmell.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I never said everybody should like them, did I? I don't think I did. I think I purposefully avoided saying anything along those lines.

All I was saying is that before you judge them good or bad, learn to understand it. Sure, some of the music isn't that great, and probably a lot of people don't like it, and people can say they don't like the music, but you shouldn't ever go degrading it. It's worth a lot more, in my opinion.

Calm down, really. Shit man, I didn't know that someone was degrading the band by saying they didn't like the name. And by that logic, I hope you took the time to understand all the other bands whose name you didn't like.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Same here. I always thought I'd really like the Doors, blues-based rock and such... but other than a handful of songs I think they suck.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Calm down, really. Shit man, I didn't know that someone was degrading the band by saying they didn't like the name. And by that logic, I hope you took the time to understand all the other bands whose name you didn't like.

Sorry. You're right, I was getting to into it. I don't know why I reacted like that. It's an opinion, I get too worked up..

:blush:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I admire that you can diffuse it like that OWS. :)

Like jeno said, I have bands I'm protective of too. I don't like anybody to say anything mean about my boyfriend Sufjan Stevens (that means you pure_merc!)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I admire that you can diffuse it like that OWS. :)

Like jeno said, I have bands I'm protective of too. I don't like anybody to say anything mean about my boyfriend Sufjan Stevens (that means you pure_merc!)

Yeah, I get carried away too easily but have no trouble rebounding. and then I feel embarrassed. :blush:

Sometimes I'm blinded by my love for a band to accept that other people probably don't like it the way I do, if at all. But it's all opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like jeno said, I have bands I'm protective of too. I don't like anybody to say anything mean about my boyfriend Sufjan Stevens

What's with all the lyrics about crying in his songs?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Sorry. You're right, I was getting to into it. I don't know why I reacted like that. It's an opinion, I get too worked up..

:blush:

It's all good in the hood. I get ultra protective of some of my favorite bands, as well. I was really into the Doors in high school and although I rarely listen to them anymore, I can totally appreciate their music at face value. I don't really think too much about the meanings anymore because it just seemed like the ramblings of an addict once I got older and gained perspective. But I still like the music.

Back on topic: Bad Company, The Turtles, REO Speedwagon, Skid Row, Warrant.